Big money

Describe some of your Worst Shots of all time

Our Sponsors

First day of our conference tourney my Junior year, badly pushed my tee shot on the Par-5 12th. Ball comes to rest on some hard pan, just outside a big bend in the cart path. The soil was eroded such that the edge of the path between me and the hole was raised about a foot above my ball. I needed to carry it over the lip of the exposed cart path and under a row of trees to make forward progress down the fairway.

Thinned my punch 3-iron just a smidge, ball catches the top edge of the path, comes screaming back over my right shoulder and lands approximately a hundred yards into the very dense woods behind me. Hmmm... that was somewhat harrowing. Declare it lost, drop a fresh pearl, let’s try this again... nearly identical result. Playing partners are all now silently standing shoulder-to-shoulder in the fairway, mouths agape. I check my shorts, declare another lost ball, drop another fresh pearl and decide to chip PW sideways into the fairway. From there, I muscled a red ass 3-wood into the greenside bunker, stomped and steamed my way up the fairway and then holed the next shot from ~30 yds.

My scorer meekly asks, “So... what’d ya take there?”. I say with a big grin, “Mark it eight, dude” and we all laugh our heads off.

Moral(s) of the story: Never give up. When bad stuff happens on the golf course, laughter is the best medicine. A lot of golfers are also Big Lebowski fans.

• Like 4

:ping-small:___________G400 LST 9* - Ping Tour 65 S
:cobra-small:______S9-1 Pro 15* - Matrix Ozik XCON 7 S
:nickent-small:________3DX 17* - Matrix Ozik Altus Hybrid SG
:adams-small:_Super Proto DHY 21* - Matrix Ozik Altus hX3 S
:adams-small: _Idea MB2 4-PW - Matrix Program 130 6.5
:cleveland-small:_________RTX 52.10  56.12 - DG S400
Bettinardi.png.e7ca0ee7ba785611a4a144e16b6b93ab.png___SS38 Armlock
k_sig.jpg.00b599e7e823c61015277de38ca16982.jpg___'18 4-piece
(the preceding have all been gamer approved)

"The most important shot in golf is the next one“ - Ben Hogan

Many years ago before I started playing golf I "had" to participate in my company's management outing. The #1 hole was across from the #9 green. Both were directly in front of the packed restaurant at the clubhouse. I shanked one directly into a flock of geese on the #9 green and hit a goose so hard it flew about 15' into the air. Pretty embarrassing!

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

:cobra-small: F Max 5 wood

:ping-small:  9 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*
:wilson-small: C300 4i-GP
:cleveland-small:  Wedges RTX 3.0: 52*, 56*
:ping-small: EYE 2 Wedge 60*

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain:

:SuperSpeed: Official Tester 2020   Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

3 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

Many years ago before I started playing golf I "had" to participate in my company's management outing. The #1 hole was across from the #9 green. Both were directly in front of the packed restaurant at the clubhouse. I shanked one directly into a flock of geese on the #9 green and hit a goose so hard it flew about 15' into the air. Pretty embarrassing!

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

It’s always better in front of people! image.gif.2014cd5c4c9f2624e7243917d23ab7b0.gif

• Haha 1

Check out my reviews

:ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:titelist-small: TS2 9.5 - Project X HZRDUS Smoke

:taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:adams-small: 2H VST - Super Idea S Matrix Kujoh S-Flex

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ 

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125

:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W

:titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

1st tee, in front of our entire league as we all go out back to back to back to back... Top the ball it hits 8" in front on my tee bounces backwards and then rolls out about 4' behind my tee.. I'm hitting 2 from 4 feet behind where everyone else is hitting 1 from.. Went on to shoot low 80's so it worked out.. 

• Like 3

Dave-

Follow me on twitter @GolfCrazyWA and on Instagram @GolfcrazyWA

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Cobra F8+ Driver Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra F8+ 3wd Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra 3 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra 4 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra F8 irons 5-GW KBS tour 90 stiff shafts

Cobra King Black Wedges 54* and 58* versatile grind

Snake eyes Viper Putter.

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

On consecutive holes, in a tournament, I had the following happen to me. Neither had ever and has never happened again

I dropped my bag on my ball while it was in play, then on the next hole, I hit myself with a putt.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

What I lug around the golf course in my MacKenzie Walker.

Driver -   Ping G410 Plus 9° Tour 65 S
Fairway -  :srixon-small: Z785 13.5° Tensei CK Pro Orange 70 S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 18° AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: Z785  TTDG IT S400 3,5-Pw 1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX4 Raw 50° 54° 58°  TTGDTI S400 1° flat

Putters -   Odyssey Toulon Stroke Lab Austin/Nike  Method Converge B1-01 UST Frequency Filter/Odyssey 2 Ball DFX/ TaylorMade Spider
Tour Black / Ping Anser F/ Scotty Cameron TeI3 Sole Stamp Newport 2. All with different grips, weights, and lengths.

Hole #9 I set up to hit my driver at my local course. A father and daughter pair was in a golf cart on the fairway on #10 beside mine. I banana slice this thing and flies and I was so nervous it was going to hit them it felt as if I had an apple in my throat. I watched as it rained down and nailed the guy right in the leg. As I drive over to offer my apologies he point to my ball, and flips me the bird. I went straight home after I finished the hole only playing 9. lol

• Like 1

:cobra-small: F7 Driver

:cobra-small: Fly Z+ 3 and 5 wood

:cobra-small: F9 irons 5 thru GW

:cobra-small: King Black Wedges 52/56/60

I've never hit a bad shot in my life.

Life's hard enough guys focus on the positives.

Take Dead Aim

• Haha 2

@Tsmithjr9 but the bad shots are some of the funniest!

Check out my reviews

:taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

Where to begin....where to begin...😁

Hole 10 @ Glendale Golf Course (sadly closed this past year for housing development)  banana slice a ball so far to the left it hit the road and kept bouncing down the road into a moving car who just kept on going.  Same course hole 18.  Dogleg left.  The Dogleg is partially borders the back of the range.  I cut the dogleg and "find" my ball.  Proceed to hit the best approach shot and make a birdie.  Went to pick up the ball and realize it wasn't my ball marking🤦‍♂️.

My favorite...hit a tee shot OB and proceed to hit the provisional exactly like the first....OB. you could probably put a blanket over those OB tee shots🤦‍♂️😁😂🤣

MDGolfHacker

• Like 1

What's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :cobra-small: F8 9.5° Project X Even Flow Blue 65g shaft 

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 5W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Hybrid: :titelist-small: 816H2 19°

Irons: :mizuno-small: MP-20 SEL Project X 5.5 shafts 5-PW

:mizuno-small: MP-20 HMB Project X 5.5 shaft 4 Iron

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro

Social Media:

Facebook:   md golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

Currently Testing: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch

Sorry [mention]Lacassem [/mention] I had to share this little gem too.

Full props for playing it as it lies!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

#MGSCOBRA2020 #COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 is live!  Follow Along here!

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver 10.5 - Ventus Blue 6X

:cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S

:cobra-small: Speedzone 4-Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S vs :titelist-small: 818 H1 - Tensei Blue 70s

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - PX LZ 6.5

:cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12 Classic, 56.10 Versatile, 60.04 Widelow - KBS 610 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B

:titelist-small: Pro V1x

:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 HD Slope

:Arccos:

#cuetheduckboats

6 minutes ago, B.Boston said:

Sorry [mention]Lacassem [/mention] I had to share this little gem too. emoji1787.png

Full props for playing it as it lies!

Where do you even pull these from? Dark web? SMH I’m 50/50 off those rocks life time I like that in a baseball sense 🤦‍♂️

• Like 1

Check out my reviews

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

Where do you even pull these from? Dark web? SMH I’m 50/50 off those rocks life time I like that in a baseball sense

I was scrolling back through photos and videos and it jumped out at me. Haha

#MGSCOBRA2020 #COBRACONNECT CHALLENGE 4 is live!  Follow Along here!

:cobra-small: Speedzone Driver 10.5 - Ventus Blue 6X

:cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S

:cobra-small: Speedzone 4-Hybrid - KBS Proto 85S vs :titelist-small: 818 H1 - Tensei Blue 70s

:cobra-small: KING Forged Tec 5-GW - PX LZ 6.5

:cobra-small: KING MIM Black 52.12 Classic, 56.10 Versatile, 60.04 Widelow - KBS 610 Wedge

:EVNROLL: ER2B

:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9 HD Slope

#cuetheduckboats

Alright, I’m chiming in with 2 gems. 

First one, playing a 2 man scramble with my sisters ex husband, they were still married at the time. Hole 2, a 162 yard par 3. Had been hitting the ball well all summer. Pull a 9 iron and proceed to blade the daylights out of a pretty Pro-V1x directly at the pin. It hits towards the top of the stick with a loud thud. The flag then decides to turn into a catapult and launch the ball back about 60 yards. Chip to about 10 feet and proceed to 3 putt. Thankfully he birdied the hole. 

Sexond one, at a local course playing with my dad and sister. Hole 1 runs parallel to the range with telephone poles and netting in between. I proceed to crush my drive into the first pole on the range and send the ball soaring back into the parking lot 50 yards behind the tee box. To throw salt into the wound, the ball lands in the bed of my truck. My dad without missing a beat says the rule says you must play the ball as it lies. 

Add this gem. Playing the Love course at Barefoot in Myrtle. Driving with my sister, mom driving dad in the second cart. Get to the tee on 11, gigantic house line the hole. My mom, not paying attention to where she is driving, slams full speed into the back of my sister and my golf cart sending our clubs skyward like a scene from Caddyshack. We still laugh about it to this day, it happened almost 20 years ago. 

• Like 1

WITB:Driver: Titleist 915D2, Diamana Whiteboard 72X

3 Wood: Callaway DR, Project X 6.5

Hybrid: Callaway X2Hot, Aldila Trinity X

Irons: 4-PW, Mizuno MP68, Project X 6.5

Wedges: 52, Callaway X Tour, Project X

56, Cleveland 588, Project X

60, Callaway Mac Daddy, Project X

Putter: Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

I was struggling to hit my balls as far as the other ladies. So I signed up for a lesson specifically to teach me how to better use my body instead of just arms swings. It worked but I seemed to have lost all control of accuracy. Even told my playing partners to be careful to always get behind me until I could get this figured out. A new expanded freeway runs parallel and now closer to our #6 hole. Standing on the tee box you can hear the freeway directly behind you at about 35 yards. I hit a beautiful, long, straight tee shot but so far left it soars over the feeder road and onto the closer side of the highway then takes a high bounce over the center concrete center barrier into on coming traffic.

• Like 2

:cobra-small: King Cobra F8 driver

:ping-small: Serene: 3 and 5 wood, 5 hybrid iron

:taylormade-small: r7 Draw, Flex L: 4 - 9 irons, PW

:cleveland-small: RTX-3: 52/10 wedge; 56/11 wedge; and Tour Action 900 60* low bounce

:edel-golf-1: E-2 Torque custom fit putter

:bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS golf ball

:ShotScope:  V3

30 minutes ago, artful_golfer said:

I was struggling to hit my balls as far as the other ladies. So I signed up for a lesson specifically to teach me how to better use my body instead of just arms swings. It worked but I seemed to have lost all control of accuracy. Even told my playing partners to be careful to always get behind me until I could get this figured out. A new expanded freeway runs parallel and now closer to our #6 hole. Standing on the tee box you can hear the freeway directly behind you at about 35 yards. I hit a beautiful, long, straight tee shot but so far left it soars over the feeder road and onto the closer side of the highway then takes a high bounce over the center concrete center barrier into on coming traffic.

LOL.  Don't feel bad!  Our #14 hole runs parallel to the main 5 lane street into town.  Fortunately, there are traffic lights on either side of the hole.  The hole is about 20-25 feet below the level of the street and about 75 yards left of the fairway.  It's a drivable par 4 for long hitters and the green is maybe 150 yards from the street.  A friend of my tried to go for the green with driver and pull hooked it into the street.  Fortunately, the lights were red and no cars!!  If it were rush hour, the street is a parking lot.  A few months later another friend of mine was just trying to put the ball in the fairway and did the same thing!!  Again, no cars!!   Only times I have seen it done!

• Like 1

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Dear MyGoflSpy...I never thought this would happen to me, but it did. It is all true and I'm just normal guy who enjoys golf. On with the shots...it has to be two and you will see why.

There is a course in North Salt Lake that I have only played twice, each as tournament play. I need to preface that I never slice/fade the ball. If I set up to hit that type of shot I still hit my draw. Well, each of the times I played this course and on the same hole, I hit a fade and hit the same patio cover. I have to setup to draw the ball which means I am aiming down the right side so that house along the right side of the fairway just happened to get in the way, twice.

Not even going to bring up the maintenance shed on #1 at Bandon Dunes.

• Like 4

:cobra-small: Fly Z+ Aldila  DVS

:macgregor-small: MT 3W Aldila DVS

:titelist-small: 915H3 Diamana

:benhogan-small: Apex Edge Pro Apex 4

:titelist-small: Vokey SM6 50F/54S/58S

:titelist-small: Cameron Studio Design #5

:skycaddie:

Bag Boy Chiller

Bag Boy Quad XL

5 minutes ago, Titleist87 said:

Dear MyGoflSpy...I never thought this would happen to me, but it did. It is all true and I'm just normal guy who enjoys golf. On with the shots...it has to be two and you will see why.

There is a course in North Salt Lake that I have only played twice, each as tournament play. I need to preface that I never slice/fade the ball. If I set up to hit that type of shot I still hit my draw. Well, each of the times I played this course and on the same hole, I hit a fade and hit the same patio cover. I have to setup to draw the ball which means I am aiming down the right side so that house along the right side of the fairway just happened to get in the way, twice.

As someone who is currently slated to play there in October...we'll  see if plans stay in place--I'd  love to hear so I can get a good vision and chuckle about it when I'm there! 

:titelist-small: TS1 Fubuki 45g R Flex

:ping-small:  G410 FW 5, 7 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:titelist-small: T100S/T200 Combo 5-7 T100S 8-P T200 TT Black Oynx R Flex

:titelist-small: SM7 54.08 F 58.12 K 

:scotty-small:  Phantom 5.5   35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

On 3/30/2020 at 3:55 PM, MmmmmmBuddy said:

On consecutive holes, in a tournament, I had the following happen to me. Neither had ever and has never happened again

I dropped my bag on my ball while it was in play, then on the next hole, I hit myself with a putt.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

UMM...I need more on how you hit yourself with a putt.

• Like 2

:taylormade-small:             SIM 9.5* (GD XC 6X) 

:taylormade-small:             SIM 15* (GD DI 7X) 

:taylormade-small:             2 DHY (GD DI HY8X)

:srixon-small:                     Z585 4-5 (KBS C Taper S)

:srixon-small:                     Z785 6-PW (KBS C Taper S)

:titelist-small:                     Vokey  SM8 49 08 F ( KBS 610)

:titelist-small:                      Vokey SM8 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titelist-small:                      Vokey SM8 59 04 L   (KBS 610)

:bettinardi-1:                Studio Stock 28 Slotback 33.5"

:bridgestone-small:       Tour BX

Twitter         @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

19 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

As someone who is currently slated to play there in October...we'll  see if plans stay in place--I'd  love to hear so I can get a good vision and chuckle about it when I'm there! 

#1 is a slight dog leg right and uphill. Not a driver hole for me (as I can't fade) so I pulled out my hybrid and proceeded to hit the roof of what I assume was some short of maintenance shed. Witnessed bu my dad, two brothers, and four caddies, and perhaps anybody watching from the clubhouse. To my credit, it was my first teeshot at Bandon Dunes and I was a little nervous. When I was there, we played Bandon Dunes twice, Pacific Dunes twice, an Bandon Trails once. Old McDonald was under construction at that time. I would love to go back and am thinking of doing so next year for my 50th birthday. Either that or off to Pebble Beach.

• Like 1

:cobra-small: Fly Z+ Aldila  DVS

:macgregor-small: MT 3W Aldila DVS

:titelist-small: 915H3 Diamana

:benhogan-small: Apex Edge Pro Apex 4

:titelist-small: Vokey SM6 50F/54S/58S

:titelist-small: Cameron Studio Design #5

:skycaddie:

Bag Boy Chiller

Bag Boy Quad XL

31 minutes ago, Titleist87 said:

There's a maintenance shed on #1?  I only know about the mound of rough in the middle of the fairway that the caddie didn't tell me about.  🙄

• Like 1

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”