Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

G400 Price drop

Toro3150

They are probably getting ready to release something else, so they want to blow out the remaining stock of those clubs.

• :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS

The G400 line (with the exception of the Max) is being replaced with the G410.   They came out five to six months before the Max, so expect it to stay in the lineup and at it's current level until at least summer of 2019, when it will hit the 18 month cycle mark. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

How low will they go do you think?  I did test hit the G400 not long after buying my used Razr-Fit and it did perform well.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

3 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

How low will they go do you think?  I did test hit the G400 not long after buying my used Razr-Fit and it did perform well.

They will last as long as supplies last or until g410 hits the release date. Ping isn’t known for keeping old product on shelves when new product hits 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

$299 will be the new MAP for them.

5 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

I don't think they will go any lower. They will just wait until they sell out. 

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

I don't think they will go any lower. They will just wait until they sell out. 

I doubt they will go any lower. Usually it’s just one price drop and they will let it ride out.

Example- Taylormade did the same with the M2 line before they came out with the M3/M4.
Dropped the price from $399 to $299 late 2017. Still the same price now.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver -  :taylormade-small: M2 D-Type, 9.5 degrees, (Stiff flex) (Golf Pride MCC +4 grip)

3/4W -  :cobra-small: King F6 Black 3-4 Wood (Stiff flex) (Golf Pride MCC +4 grip)

4H -  :callaway-small: Rogue (Stiff flex) (Stock grip) (Golf Pride MCC +4 grip)

4-AW -  :callaway-small: Steelhead XR Irons (Stiff flex) (Golf Pride MCC +4 grips, 7i with Winn Dri-Tac X Grip) 

SW -  :callaway-small: 56* X-Wedge

60* -  :callaway-small: MD4 Wedge

Putter - Odyssey White Hot RX #7

Bag -  :callaway-small: ORG 14 cart bag

Also dropped the Callaway Rogue pricing.

Driver -  :taylormade-small: M2 D-Type, 9.5 degrees, (Stiff flex) (Golf Pride MCC +4 grip)

3/4W -  :cobra-small: King F6 Black 3-4 Wood (Stiff flex) (Golf Pride MCC +4 grip)

4-AW -  :callaway-small: Steelhead XR Irons (Stiff flex) (Golf Pride MCC +4 grips, 7i with Winn Dri-Tac X Grip) 

So Ping has lower the MAP of the G400, LST, & SFT to $299.  Interestingly, the G400 MAX stays at $399.

As I mentioned in another thread, the 410 Max could not beat-out the 400 Max, so the current model is staying put for now. TXG mentions this in one of their videos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Hmmm, wonder if this new G410 line will finally kick the G-series to the curb. Interestingly they maintain that series as an option on their website as of today even...

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

2 hours ago, PING Apologist #9 said:

Hmmm, wonder if this new G410 line will finally kick the G-series to the curb. Interestingly they maintain that series as an option on their website as of today even...

Yeah, I like the way PING puts products on their website. They always keep the previous release on their website. For someone like me who always buys last years model used, it is great to have the specs etc. in one verified place. 

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

G400 and G400 Max... now I'm sure which one I test hit last February at the Ping Demo - need to find that fit sheet in my file. 🤔  To be honest, I didn't even know they had two versions; 445 vs. 460cc.  Did Ping quickly determine that buyers were struggling with cc envy?  Of the several used drivers I tested before buying my Razr-Fit (bought that before the Ping Demo or I may have been moved to buy the Ping), it not only hit the best but had a much smaller profile - while still being a 458cc head.  I can't imagine 15cc would make a significant difference in visual aesthetics, but perhaps so?  I for one prefer a smaller look and just could not get past the ginormous size of some drivers I looked at.  But then unlike most of you, I did not make an incremental change as driver sizes evolved - I jumped from the GBB to the Razr-Fit.  Now having played it for almost a year, perhaps my "turtle on a stick" aversion will be tempered a bit.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

3 hours ago, GB13 said:

Yeah, I like the way PING puts products on their website. They always keep the previous release on their website. For someone like me who always buys last years model used, it is great to have the specs etc. in one verified place. 

Indeed. I constantly look back at the specs as well. Good stuff!

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

4 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

G400 and G400 Max... now I'm sure which one I test hit last February at the Ping Demo - need to find that fit sheet in my file. 🤔  To be honest, I didn't even know they had two versions; 445 vs. 460cc.  Did Ping quickly determine that buyers were struggling with cc envy?  Of the several used drivers I tested before buying my Razr-Fit (bought that before the Ping Demo or I may have been moved to buy the Ping), it not only hit the best but had a much smaller profile - while still being a 458cc head.  I can't imagine 15cc would make a significant difference in visual aesthetics, but perhaps so?  I for one prefer a smaller look and just could not get past the ginormous size of some drivers I looked at.  But then unlike most of you, I did not make an incremental change as driver sizes evolved - I jumped from the GBB to the Razr-Fit.  Now having played it for almost a year, perhaps my "turtle on a stick" aversion will be tempered a bit.

Max is something like 10g heavier and the marketing for the Max isn't about the size, though that can inspire a lot of confidence for some, but rather the forgiveness. They were able to pull CG further back and the MOI is something close to 10k. Like @PMookie said, TXG mentioned in a video that Ping wasn't able to beat Max with the g410 line, so they're just not going to release one...yet. I think it says something about the company that rather than push out a new product and find a way to market it to us, they just move on.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

G400 and G400 Max... now I'm sure which one I test hit last February at the Ping Demo - need to find that fit sheet in my file.   To be honest, I didn't even know they had two versions; 445 vs. 460cc.  Did Ping quickly determine that buyers were struggling with cc envy?  Of the several used drivers I tested before buying my Razr-Fit (bought that before the Ping Demo or I may have been moved to buy the Ping), it not only hit the best but had a much smaller profile - while still being a 458cc head.  I can't imagine 15cc would make a significant difference in visual aesthetics, but perhaps so?  I for one prefer a smaller look and just could not get past the ginormous size of some drivers I looked at.  But then unlike most of you, I did not make an incremental change as driver sizes evolved - I jumped from the GBB to the Razr-Fit.  Now having played it for almost a year, perhaps my "turtle on a stick" aversion will be tempered a bit.

They were all in the works at the same time. But PING R&D wasn’t happy with a few things on the MAX, feeling they could get a bit higher MOI as that was the main thing on this club. But they disnt want to hold up the release of the other models.

They wanted to wait on the MAX until they got it right. They knew they would get heat and blowback for releasing a “new” model 5 months later. But once they saw the new results, they knew they had done the right thing.

Bridgestone Tour B JGR Driver and HF2 irons Pre Release Testing

57 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

They were all in the works at the same time. But PING R&D wasn’t happy with a few things on the MAX, feeling they could get a bit higher MOI as that was the main thing on this club. But they disnt want to hold up the release of the other models.

They wanted to wait on the MAX until they got it right. They knew they would get heat and blowback for releasing a “new” model 5 months later. But once they saw the new results, they knew they had done the right thing.

Bridgestone Tour B JGR Driver and HF2 irons Pre Release Testing

And supposedly the MAX is so good that the new releases that are coming out aren't really a MAX replacement, they are alternatives

46 minutes ago, jlukes said:

And supposedly the MAX is so good that the new releases that are coming out aren't really a MAX replacement, they are alternatives

The only downside to the max which imo isn’t really that bad is ping noticed in their testing  a lower ball speed of 2-3 mph compared to the regular g400.  

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

I’m curious to see how they can improve on the LST.

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

I need to hit the G400...heard lots of good things about it

:callaway-small: XR Driver Matrix Ozik 8m3 Black Tie Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 3W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 5W UST Mamiya Chrome Elements 7F4 Shaft

:cobra-small: King F7 4 Hybrid Graphite Designs Tour AD-HY 95 Shaft

PXG 0211 DC 5-PW Mitsubishi MMT 80 Shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX ZIPCORE 50*,54*,58* UST Mamiya Recoil 95 Shafts

:odyssey-small: Metal X Milled #7 with SuperStroke 2.0 grip

:Snell: MTB

Twitter: @timldotson
Instagram: timldotson
Facebook: TimDotson

10 hours ago, TBT said:

I need to hit the G400...heard lots of good things about it

Yeah I can't wait for our demo day this spring. Ping is there along with Cobra and a few others. I have to try the G400 AND the F-9. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Not to change the topic too much, but looks like the Callaway Epic line is in discount too.

Debating on switching from my M2 D-Type

Archived