TESTERS WANTED! ×

Do you “really” enjoy Golf??????

SteddyGolf

https://youtu.be/qs1Km82PB2s

I play with a Sunday group that has an age range from 26 to 78 and a skill range from scratch to 22 handicap. Sitting in the 19th hole after the round this past Sunday I glanced around at some pretty miserable looking faces. These faces made me question why these guys come out every Sunday. Are they really enjoying Golf????

Truth be told I enjoy Golf on many different levels and find it very frustrating on just a few. I get the most enjoyment out of the journey without a finish line. An athletic endeavor of me against the elements, the golf course and my own inadequacies. It’s that never ending pursuit of the perfect shot in the perfect round on the perfect hole at the perfect course that keeps me coming back time-n-time again.

My few frustrations are all self imposed through my own idiosyncrasies. I abhor slow play even when’s it’s not really slow at all. I’m impatient by nature reinforced by profession. Foursomes and God forbid fivesomes drive me crazy especially if I find myself in their midst. A perfect round for me involves me and one other person walking along at a reasonable pace with our bags on our back.

My greatest frustration is also my greatest joy. It’s the struggle! The constant struggle to maintain a consistent level of play. How can one shoot 10 strokes worse or better from day to day on the same dang Golf course? Birdie one hole then triple bogey the next? Hit a 300 yard drive followed by a 20 foot duff? Golf can be just like life.........so not fair to us mere mortals.

So I ask again.........why do you play and most importantly do you truly enjoy the game of Golf?

https://youtu.be/qs1Km82PB2s

IMG_1228.PNG

Miura MB 502 Irons

ping G400 Driver

Cobra F7 3 wood

Mizuno putter

Mizuno Wedges. 

8 minutes ago, SteddyGolf said:

Birdie one hole then triple bogey the next? Hit a 300 yard drive followed by a 20 foot duff?

It pretty much emulates life don't you think?  

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

I enjoyed the outdoors and the fresh air, packaged in a way that a city kid could appreciate it ...

in a way that he couldn't appreciate hiking and camping and the like.

I loved my nature manicured and convenient. Even more so after the war.

I enjoyed the camaraderie with friends and,  in younger days, with family.

I never got hyper-competitive about golf, even with the crazy side bets that occasionally took place.

They were never bets that I couldn't afford to lose, even though we all tried to win.

I loved hitting the ball, and then finding it to hit again.

I enjoyed learning to play shots. 

Except for excessive lobbing in place of chipping, I rarely hit the wrong shot once I was experienced.

I just missed the shot here and there because i wasn't a particularly gifted player.

I don't overestimate the number of us that are.

It was never like boxing. Especially amateur boxing which was real athletic competition.

(Local level pro boxing was largely a disgrace, but it was a little spending money.)

Golf, in my case, was purely fun.

If it weren't fun, I'd just go to the track and play the pups and ponies instead.

It was too expensive a game to play mostly  for the aggravation.

I found that for free elsewhere.

For me it started young playing golf with my family. It was fun to just be out there with the adults doing the same thing they were. As a kid, that's something because you aren't always allowed to partake. It was also one of the few things that I had a decent, natural, ability at. I was pretty good with a basketball in my hands, but I was short growing up and didn't make 5 feet until I was like 13. Golf was something that I could make up with skill and technique to offset my size.

Today, it's a mix of that nostalgia and trying to prove to myself that I can get better at it. It's unfair and frustrating to shoot 2 over on the front thinking I'm going low, then shoot 8 over on the back and be right at my handicap again, but that first 9 is what keeps me going. Bombing one down the fairway, puring an iron, stiffing a wedge, sinking a putt -- either one of those makes it all worth it at the end.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

I play because I like the challenges of the game, you can always be better than what you are. 

I enjoy the game, but for me it’s not about the game much, it’s about being out there and enjoying the company of the guys that I golf with. Going on the golf trip to HHI this year it had nothing to do with the golf for me, sure playing those courses was really cool, but for me it’s hanging out with the guys having dinner, and talking, getting to know them more, becoming better friends. The people is what I enjoy the most. 

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Golf=Trying to be better today than you were yesterday.
Life= Trying to be better tomorrow than you are today.
The sport brings both things together perfectly. It is also about the only thing you can do from age 2 to 102. Those two things are what keep me playing AND enjoying golf.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

I do enjoy golf, but I get frustrated just like anyone else. I probably shouldn’t keep score EVERY round I play just so I’d enjoy them more, but I really do enjoy the sport.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

I love to play golf but can honestly say after yesterday’s round I am happy to be done for the year. Had a dude trip last week and played 6 rounds in 3 days in Florida then back in Florida for another 2 rounds over the weekend. Love being out there playing but welcome the winter break. Then again this could all change by next week.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-L

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

Im overly competitive and have been my whole life. Now too old for the more physical sports, golf is the game I can play to my grave, and I will always have a goal to shoot at. That being the very next shot. Its like baseball, cept your at bat every time.

I started at age 8 with my dad who was slipping away from the family, and it was kind of my only time with him for a very few years till he did leave. Perhaps there is something about that. I still remember the hot dogs and orange sodas 55 years later.

lastly I'm good at it. I was blessed with a natural ability and to this day its still thrilling every well struck shot. I think Im one of the lucky ones. Yes, I love the game...

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

3 hours ago, SteddyGolf said:

Truth be told I enjoy Golf on many different levels and find it very frustrating on just a few. I get the most enjoyment out of the journey without a finish line. An athletic endeavor of me against the elements, the golf course and my own inadequacies. It’s that never ending pursuit of the perfect shot in the perfect round on the perfect hole at the perfect course that keeps me coming back time-n-time again

I really identify with this statement about golf.  I am old now, and have been playing for a very long time.  I also love golf on many levels..friends, beautiful days, long walks, hitting a great approach shot..etc.  I do not find the game frustrating at all though..maybe because I have accepted the fact that I might shoot 75 one day and 83 the next..just depends on how the day goes and how I am striking the ball.  I really love to play well, but understand that I may not.  I have watched the pros play to 63 on one day and 73 the next..so if I don't play great every day..well it is just golf.  The most important thing for me...I had a great day.  On the golf course, with friends, golf club in hand, a birdie putt or two, and hell, I could be working!!!

M2 Driver Fujikura Regular Flex

Mizuno 921 Tour Irons-- Titleist Wedges

A new Sik Armlock putter

I do enjoy golf, but I get frustrated just like anyone else. I probably shouldn’t keep score EVERY round I play just so I’d enjoy them more, but I really do enjoy the sport.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I’ve definitely learned to maintain my sanity by playing 9 hole rounds without formally keeping score. Of course over 9 holes you kind of always know where you stand. Still this type of round involves plenty of gimmes and do overs as pace of play allows.

Miura MB 502 Irons

ping G400 Driver

Cobra F7 3 wood

Mizuno putter

Mizuno Wedges. 

A relatively newbie  to golf compared to guys playing all of their lives, I can honestly say I really  love the game on so many levels:

• It brings out the competitiveness in me. I constantly work at getting better and enjoy that part of the game.That satisfies my OCD nature. 
  • The friendships are beyond comparison to the other things I've done. I use to race sailboats and there is a very strong community and comradery amongst sailors.  Golf takes friendships to a higher level - even online through sites like MGS. 
  • I can play more frequently and pick and chose where and how I want to play. For instance going out in the evening with my wife for a fast 9 hole game - no problem. 
  • Much longer season (in Ohio) than a lot of other activities; we play March -> November. 
  • I love the technical part of golf - be it equipment or swing. (I never understood that part before I started playing.). 
  • It gets me out of the house in fresh air and a level of physical activity. If I didn't golf I'd probably be sitting home watching tv or reading. No,  golf is not a good walk spoiled, Mark Twain. 
  • It encourages non-golf physical activity (working out, weights, aerobics, etc) so I can continue to improve (see bullet #1 my OCD nature) . 
  • At least at our Club there doesn't seem to be an attitude (or arrogance) around skill level. I play with a couple of guys with single digit indexes and they're as welcoming and friendly as guys with higher indexes. 

Did I say how much I love golf.............

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

I am a perfectionist by nature so the allure of a game that is imperfect drew me in. Trying to perfect golf is impossible, so I constantly work to be as good as I can be, or "perfect" within my abilities. Being a perfectionist means I do get frustrated on the course sometimes, but even though I look like I am not enjoying it, trust me I am. When I am frustrated, I am enjoying the grind, and the constant pursuit to play better. 

I am also hugely competitive so I love that golf can allow you to be competitive with anyone and anywhere. The handicap system allows me to play a competitive round with anyone. Even when playing solo, you can still be competitive with yourself. You can try to shoot lower than your handicap or hit 8 fairways, or make any type of competitive goal for the round. 

Last but not least, I love the friendships. There is something about spending 4 hours with someone enduring the trials and tribulations of this game, that really forges a bond. I think you can know more about a person after a 4 hour round of golf than after years in other settings.  Places like MGS show the friendship the game promotes. While a lot of us haven't met, we kind of feel like we have. A lot of us may not be friends otherwise, but golf unites us. 

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

I love the game for multiple reasons and at my point in life, important reasons.

Initially, as I have stated several times, it is now the only athletic related activity that will not kill me.

I genuinely enjoy and value the social aspects of the game.  I have three good buds with whom I regularly play golf on the Eastern Shore, we continuously joke and laugh at and with each other, but support each other on and off the course.  I routinely go to the course as a single and have met and enjoyed many wonderful people.  I rarely have met a complete jerk.  A mutual love of the game can be binding.

Golf is played on a venue unlike many others.   A football field is a football field, a baseball diamond is a baseball diamond, and a basketball court is a basketball court.   But a golf course is different, golf courses have personalities and are visually at times magnificent.   When vacationing with the wife, I have played some courses that were plain just beautiful.   The green grass and the blue waters of a sea side course or the vistas of a mountain course.   Sometimes, its just good to stop and smell the roses and appreciate the beauty of nature.  

As Mr. Eastwood has stated: "a man's gotta know his limitations", so I know that I will never be a single digit handicapper, but I can still do my best to improve or maintain.   At my age, I know that I will never throw a ball as hard or ever again run as fast, but with golf, I can still do my best, I can still challenge myself.  Even at my age, its still good to have goals.  

2 hours ago, TheWahoo said:

I love the game for multiple reasons and at my point in life, important reasons.

Initially, as I have stated several times, it is now the only athletic related activity that will not kill me.

I genuinely enjoy and value the social aspects of the game.  I have three good buds with whom I regularly play golf on the Eastern Shore, we continuously joke and laugh at and with each other, but support each other on and off the course.  I routinely go to the course as a single and have met and enjoyed many wonderful people.  I rarely have met a complete jerk.  A mutual love of the game can be binding.

Golf is played on a venue unlike many others.   A football field is a football field, a baseball diamond is a baseball diamond, and a basketball court is a basketball court.   But a golf course is different, golf courses have personalities and are visually at times magnificent.   When vacationing with the wife, I have played some courses that were plain just beautiful.   The green grass and the blue waters of a sea side course or the vistas of a mountain course.   Sometimes, its just good to stop and smell the roses and appreciate the beauty of nature.  

As Mr. Eastwood has stated: "a man's gotta know his limitations", so I know that I will never be a single digit handicapper, but I can still do my best to improve or maintain.   At my age, I know that I will never throw a ball as hard or ever again run as fast, but with golf, I can still do my best, I can still challenge myself.  Even at my age, its still good to have goals.  

I agree completely with everything up to the last paragraph.  Yes, you can do your best to improve and challenge yourself.  

I went back and looked at all of my old GHIN emails.  I got close to an 11 handicap in 2013, but my knee was really bothering me by then and in 2014 my handicap went up to 15 before I had it replaced in Nov. 2014.  On May 15, 2015 I managed to reach single digit at 9.0.  Except for a few times after that, I have lived under 10 since then, but it has taken a lot of work.  

It's possible; you just have to want to put in the time to get there.  When I retired in September 2015, I had more time to practice my short game, and it's been easier to stay single digit.  That doesn't mean that I haven't had some horrendous rounds!!  But it's meant that I have been more consistent with my lower rounds.  I hope I can keep it going, which is why I have been working on a swing change, and committed to the SuperSpeed Golf program that I'm testing for MGS.

You can do it.  I think you are a little younger than I am, so analyze your game and focus practice in these areas that need improvement.  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Ask 100 golfers, and get 100 different answers.  Here's mine.

My Dad taught me the game at 7 years old, and I've been playing on and off ever since.  So when the opportunity arises to visit my parents, I know the first question my Dad asks, or frankly, answers before I ask it goes something like this after he says, "Hey Phil."

Within 30 seconds he says, "I got us a 10:30 tee time tomorrow at the club."  And the smile on my Dad's face says it all.  This is HIS passion that he handed down to me and my brothers.  He lives, breathes, and dies for golf.  With that said, this past July was rather painful for me to watch as my old man stumbled (literally) around the golf course in a cart, as he even has trouble walking now.  At 83, he clings to the faint hope of the next hole, and the next round, and the next shot.  He's contemplated giving up playing golf for health reasons, to why I honestly asked him, "what else would you do?"  He doesn't reply, but you can see it in his eyes.  If he can't play golf, he's dead.  Literally and figuratively.  He's jokingly said that he wants to die on the golf course, because that's where he loves life the most.  Even through all the pain, age and suffering, he knows that without golf, he loses a lot of joy in life.  So he keeps active with it and tells the doctors who tell him to hang up his clubs that he'll get a 2nd opinion, which turns into a 3rd opinion, which turns into a 4th opinion.  I imagine he'll keep going until he finds a doctor who tells him it's ok to keep playing.

Beyond my father, my younger brother and I are 2 years apart in life, but our games are similar, and different.  He was the one on the golf team in college, while I struggled to break 80.  He was the one giving it a go in US Amateur qualifiers, while I was busy raising two kids, and put my clubs on a shelf for a time.  He was the one who embraced hickory golf, while I commenced at breaking one of those clubs in half the first time I hit and vowed to never hit them again, as the steel shafted beasts were challenge enough for me.  Through our Dad, we each share a common bond of golf.  Whenever and wherever we meet up (which is rare these days as we are half a country a part geographically) we have a tee time booked, and our clubs packed.  We know that our common bond is golf.  Sure, we talk smack now, since my game has somewhat caught up to his and I've been able to best him a few times in the last few years.  But every once in awhile he'll dust of his modern clubs and commence at kicking the ever loving crap out of me and reminding me that when the chips are on the line, he is still the master on the golf course, and I'm just his...well, fill in your own adjective there.

It's the guys in my Tuesday evening league during the spring and summer that I eagerly look forward to seeing every week when we play.  40 or so guys who show up to play a 9 hole scramble every week.  Some are pretty good, while others are just happy to be on the golf course and trying to swing a club.  Most of us don't care what we shoot as a team, but that we were a team, and could share a couple of hours of memories over a few golf shots, and the dinner and devotional that comes after the round is over.

It's the Friday evening 9-holes after work, where I'm the only one on the golf course, and I can play as fast as my legs will carry me.  I'm as excited as a teenager again, as I have the whole course to myself and can let it rip with abandon and have an hour or so of peace and quiet with just me and a few squirrels and birds to keep me company along the way.  Sometimes it's nice to get out by yourself, turn off the world and your cellphone, and just hit the ball and see what happens.  It's a sense of peace and tranquility that says to me that I may only be a few miles from home, but it might as well be a thousand miles from anyone else.  Just me, the course and my thoughts as I embrace each chance to knock it stiff, let the big dog hunt, or drain that 15 footer for birdie.

To answer the question, I don't know anyone who plays as much as I do, or thinks as much as I do about golf.  If I didn't have to work I would be playing 36 holes (at least) 6 days a week (God gets Sunday).  There isn't anywhere else I'd rather be than on the golf course.

• :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS

My love of it comes and goes.Some seasons I feel like doing it.Others i try and find a million reasons not doing it.I usually do things very regimen in my life.And golf is one activity that never works out as I plan it.For example, last year I played a 310 par 4 that was extremely narrow.My Plan was a 5 iron off the tee leaving me 8 or 9 iron in.After proper planning, I proceed and hit my tee shot duck hook low and behind a set of trees 100 yards off the tee.Partners let me hit another.So I retee with a driver a nail one dead solid straight 50 yards from the green.That is the frustration that brings me back.And the never ending unanswered questions of how can I possibly do it that badly.In a sick way, that is love. Hard love , but love 

Keep it in the short stuff

I do enjoy the game. From playing in USGA events to weekends with friends and family. Golf is more about who your with for me. Yes I get my competitive rounds in, but without the family and friends I am not sure I would play much.

Driver: Callaway Rogue 9*

FW: Sub 70 Pro 4 wood

Hybrid: Sub 70 949 Hybrid 19*

Irons:  Sub 70 

659 CB 4 - 6 Black

639 MB 7 - PW

Wedges: Sub 70

JB - 50* 54* & 60*

Putter: Odyssey White Hot #2
Ball: Titleist Pro-V1x
Handicap index:  +3.9

Instagram: joshandersongolf

Twitter: @jacustomgolf

On 11/12/2018 at 6:52 PM, SteddyGolf said:

Truth be told I enjoy Golf on many different levels and find it very frustrating on just a few. I get the most enjoyment out of the journey without a finish line. An athletic endeavor of me against the elements, the golf course and my own inadequacies. It’s that never ending pursuit of the perfect shot in the perfect round on the perfect hole at the perfect course that keeps me coming back time-n-time again.

I like the way you describe this, and it parallels my relationship with golf.

I love that it's a challenge, and one with no fixed "victory" condition.  Each round contains the good that keeps you happy and the not as good that drives you to improve. 

It can also serves as a stress reliever or mental break. I can ignore my phone and go for a walk outside for a few hours. Focus exclusively on the task at hand and possibly a good friend or two. I've always valued time to disconnect from the world at large, and as I've added personal responsibilities the past few years I can no longer escape for multiple days to the middle of the woods. A few hours here and there chasing a little white ball on a golf course has served the purpose well.

:cobra-small: Cobra King F7+, VA drago 65 X, 9.5*

:cobra-small: Cobra F7 3/4 wood - hzrd red 15.5*

:mizuno-small: MP-63 4-PW 

:cleveland-small: Cleveland 588 Tour Wedge (56*)

OnCore Elixr all day every day

I have been playing this game for 40 years and it would be longer but my Grandpop started me late in life at age 2. I can honestly say I enjoyed the hell out of the game until this season. The game came easy to me and I have played off of scratch or better for the last 25 years. This year I was not 100% healthy and with a change in body type after losing over 100 lbs. a game that always came easy to me became a struggle that made me not want to play all that much. Decided to take lessons for the first time in my life this past season and played very little during that time. I hung it up for the year Labor Day weekend until I got an invite to play Trump Westchester. Scoring wise it was a mediocre day but my lessons finally kicked and I was able to trust my “new” swing for the first time. Heck the back 9 in 20 mph winds was a stripe show according to my caddy. This round has reignited my drive to stay as a good player and not just let it slip away. My pro told me to do something golf related everyday this winter. A lot of days it is just putting or hitting some chips on the putting green I have at home after work. In the morning I do the SuperSpeed training before work. I was lost for a brief period of time but the fire is now back and can’t wait to play in Florida next week with my son and get back to winning club championships next season.

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

I truly love the game of golf, but like most relationships, there are peaks and valleys. Golf brought me and my father together on common ground, I hope to pass the game onto my sons. There are definitely periods when it is the most frustrating thing going, but that’s life in general.

I enjoy the outdoors. I so enjoy the pursuit the of a purely struck shot. The sound of the ball whistling of the club face. The way a ball checks on a perfectly nipped chip. A putt that looks like it is missed but somehow finds the hole. The determination I feel to make a birdie after a silly bogey. A spectacular challenge, a beautiful game.

My primary grievance is slow play - in particular poor, slow play. The waiting to hit a second shot on a par five when the tee shot is shorter than the required yardage.

I was unable to play after a car accident and 2 back surgeries and that further deepened my appreciation for this great game. I'm much more patient and thankful... If I could only get over my slow play hatred all would be well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ping G400 LST 8.5* Graphite Design DI 6 stiff 45"

Taylormade RBZ Proto 14.5* Oban Kiyoshi 85 04 42.5"

Adams 4555 19* Matrix Ozik Altus 80 S/X 42"

Ping G410 Crossover 2 Project X Even Flow Blue 85 6.0 40"

Ping i500 4-8 Modus 105 Stiff

Ping Blueprint 9-P Modus 105 Stiff

Fourteen RM-12 53* and 58* Tour Issue Black Onyx s400 

Odyssey Tour Black Series 9 35" Flatso 1.0 

Srixon Z Star XV

2018 Ping Hoofer 

8 hours ago, golfertrb said:

I enjoy the outdoors. I so enjoy the pursuit the of a purely struck shot. The sound of the ball whistling of the club face. The way a ball checks on a perfectly nipped chip. A putt that looks like it is missed but somehow finds the hole. The determination I feel to make a birdie after a silly bogey. A spectacular challenge, a beautiful game.

My primary grievance is slow play - in particular poor, slow play. The waiting to hit a second shot on a par five when the tee shot is shorter than the required yardage.

I was unable to play after a car accident and 2 back surgeries and that further deepened my appreciation for this great game. I'm much more patient and thankful... If I could only get over my slow play hatred all would be well emoji51.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Slow play is easier to live with in states that allow recreational marijuana.

Just the opinion of an aged boomer.

Golf for me is a fickle mistress.  Some days I enjoy her, other days, I wonder why I even bother.  While I like the challenge, I have felt that I've been in neutral and maybe even gone backwards in aspects of my game.  Not what I want to have happen.  I laid off golf earlier this year earlier than I have in years past just so that feeling of excitement for the game can return....I'm still waiting...

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

9 minutes ago, MDGolfHacker said:

Golf for me is a fickle mistress.  Some days I enjoy her, other days, I wonder why I even bother.  While I like the challenge, I have felt that I've been in neutral and maybe even gone backwards in aspects of my game.  Not what I want to have happen.  I laid off golf earlier this year earlier than I have in years past just so that feeling of excitement for the game can return....I'm still waiting...

MDGolfHacker

Maybe this will get the juices of excitement flowing a bit! 

Image result for picture of left handed JPX 919 Forged

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Maybe this will get the juices of excitement flowing a bit!   

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS1zviPI11NlC9tymyh-s0COeY6IU1vyTlBwGJ1hl17AodVwENq

Are you teasing us lefties with potential new clubs?

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

24 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

Are you teasing us lefties with potential new clubs? emoji16.png

I just wanted him to know, I leave no detail uncovered.  If he see's them actually in LH, it might hasten his desire for another mistress 😎

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

I find the sport to be relaxing, love the friends I meet in the sport, get to be away from the stresses of the week, challenging myself ot play better, and just enjoying life. 

FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM + TWITTER + YOUTUBE

:taylormade-small: 2017 M1 9.5°, Mitsubishi Chemical Tensei CK Blue, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4

:taylormade-small:2017 M2 3 Wood Fairway 15°, Aldila Rogue 125 Tour Edition, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4

:nike-small:Vapor Speed 5 Wood Fairway 19°, Fujikura 73 Tour Spec, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4

:mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged #4-6 Iron, JPX 919 Tour  #7-PW Irons, KBS C-Taper, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4

⭐ Artisan Golf custom 50°, 54°, 54°, Nippon Modus 120 Wedge, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4

:scotty-small:  Tour Issue Circle T - Tour Rat I

Archived