Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

I’ll just leave this here. 53 feet of curve, or 17.667 yards.
IMG_8612.jpgIMG_8613.jpgIMG_8614.jpg

6 minutes ago, GB13 said:

I guess we are just going to have to agree to disagree here. If I had a 15 yard cut/slice that was a consistent fairway finder, I'd take it. 

But if that slice could be fixed by the equipment, that's a 15 yard difference down the fairway.  A difference between 2 clubs into the green.  

WITB:  Do I like Titleist or what? 

Driver:     :titleist-small: TSR3 9* UST Mamiya Proto LIN-Q Blue 

Fairways   :titleist-small: TSi2 UST Mamiya LIN-Q Blue 13.5* 

Driving Iron:   :titleist-small: U500 17* :Fuji:  Blue Ventus HB Velocore 

Irons   :titleist-small: T350 4 & 5, T200 6 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Dart F4 105g

Wedges    :vokey-small: SM6 48*, SM9 52*, SM8 56* Modus Tour Wedge 

Putter    :cameron-small: Newport 2 w/ Garsen Ultimate grip 

Ball    :titleist-small:  *ProV1 Left Dot

IMG_8615.jpg

Is that all? I can surely out do DJ on the left to right curve.

Glad I can’t. I’m only at 15 yards. I need to do better! And he hits it 330+! Crazy. I’m only getting 300-305! Dude’s a beast.

Here’s a DRAW at just over 15 yards of movement. Fairway.

IMG_8616.jpg

1 hour ago, GB13 said:

I guess we are just going to have to agree to disagree here. If I had a 15 yard cut/slice that was a consistent fairway finder, I'd take it. 

Yup because I will take both a fairway plus the added yardage from better ball flight characteristics 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

I did a driver fitting at Club Champion a couple of weeks ago. Once the fitter found the best shaft for me in my current TS3 head, he did everything he could to beat numbers I was getting from the TS3 and failed. The EPIC Flash SZ, Cobra F9, Taylormade M5, and a few other heads all failed to give me what I get from the Titleist TS3. For me, it is definitively the best driver on the market.

Titleist TS3 9.5* w/Accra TZ5 65 X-Stiff
Titleist TS3 15* w/Fujikura Ventus 7X
Callaway Apex19 Hybrid 20* w/Accra TZ5 95X
Callaway Apex19 Hybrid 23* w/Accra TZ5 95X
Titleist 718 CB 5 iron w/KBS $Taper X-Stiff
Titleist 718 MB 6-PW w/KBS $Taper X-Stiff
Titleist SM7 Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* w/KBS $Taper X-Stiff
Bettinardi Queen B 10 34.5"
Titleist Pro V1 or Snell MTB-X

10 hours ago, chershey said:

I did a driver fitting at Club Champion a couple of weeks ago. Once the fitter found the best shaft for me in my current TS3 head, he did everything he could to beat numbers I was getting from the TS3 and failed. The EPIC Flash SZ, Cobra F9, Taylormade M5, and a few other heads all failed to give me what I get from the Titleist TS3. For me, it is definitively the best driver on the market.

When I came away from my fitting at Club Champion the TS3 beat out my gamer at the time the M3. Once i settled into the TS3 nothing else came close to it. For me, it is the best driver on the market as well. 

• 2 months later...

I first did a Titleist Thursday event, then went multiple times with the pro at my local course, trying every brand offering and like several have mentioned none of the others came close to the TS3 for me. When doing the Titleist fitting the fitter told me it was the best on the market and he would put it up against any others, I figured it was just part of the sales pitch so to speak, even though there was no pressure from him. However, with each driver dialed in, the TS3 outperformed every brand, for me it was hands down the best driver on the market. I hit the Ping G410, M5 and M6, the Cobra F9, and Callaway Epic Flash SZ, the TS3 beat them all. 

Driver: :titelist-small: TS3 9.5, Project X Hzrdus Smoke 6.0, +4 gram Surefit Weight

5-Wood: :callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero, Project X Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: 818 H1 19 Degree Tensei Red 70HY Stiff Flex

Irons: 4-PW :titelist-small: 718 AP3 Project X LZ 120gr 6.0 Shaft

Wedges: :vokey-small: SM6 52.12 F Grind, :vokey-small: SM7 48.10 F grind and 56.08 M Grind

Putter: :ping-small: B60

• 1 month later...
18 minutes ago, Jfoz89 said:

Guessing it's worth upgrading my 917d2?

Depends. Some have seen more ball speed and distance and others nothing significant. 

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Just now, Jfoz89 said:

Thanks will give it a try next time I have the chance. 

Cool. I preferred the look of the 917 over ts2&3. The ts2 I tested with even flow White was a straight shot and on a piercing flight. Just couldn’t beat my g400 out though 

20 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Cool. I preferred the look of the 917 over ts2&3. The ts2 I tested with even flow White was a straight shot and on a piercing flight. Just couldn’t beat my g400 out though 

Ye my current driver 917 is the best driver I've had and currently my best club in the bag. But was just curious about people's opinions think I'll give them a hit and take it from there.

I took out the Demo TS3 9.5* at my club yesterday- loved it over my Cobra F9 10.5*  thats a couple of weeks old. Going to use the demo club in 3 competitions coming up (that's where I'll see if it performs) and if it does I'll have to find the cash somewhere.

Thing is I had fun with the TS3 yesterday, even enjoyed stepping on a couple that took me to parts of the course (fairway) I've not been at for awhile. I want it.

Cobra reluctantly will be on ebay shortly.

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

50 minutes ago, Jfoz89 said:

Ye my current driver 917 is the best driver I've had and currently my best club in the bag. But was just curious about people's opinions think I'll give them a hit and take it from there.

Will be curious to read your thoughts on the ts. 

2 hours ago, perseveringgolfer said:

I took out the Demo TS3 9.5* at my club yesterday- loved it over my Cobra F9 10.5*  thats a couple of weeks old. Going to use the demo club in 3 competitions coming up (that's where I'll see if it performs) and if it does I'll have to find the cash somewhere.

Thing is I had fun with the TS3 yesterday, even enjoyed stepping on a couple that took me to parts of the course (fairway) I've not been at for awhile. I want it.

Cobra reluctantly will be on ebay shortly.

Two of my friends who hit the ball a long way have recently both put the cobra in the bag so very interesting that you prefer the TS over it. 

11 hours ago, Jfoz89 said:

Two of my friends who hit the ball a long way have recently both put the cobra in the bag so very interesting that you prefer the TS over it. 

really wanted to like the Cobra, persevered with loft and weight changes and swing changes, the TS isn't perfect but I had a level of confidence with it going 'roughly' where I aimed, with the Cobra it could go left with a hook or high and very right..........which is clearly my swing error but it means the Cobra doesn't 'fit' with my swing.

Gutted as it's costing me hard earned cash

4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

21 hours ago, perseveringgolfer said:

really wanted to like the Cobra, persevered with loft and weight changes and swing changes, the TS isn't perfect but I had a level of confidence with it going 'roughly' where I aimed, with the Cobra it could go left with a hook or high and very right..........which is clearly my swing error but it means the Cobra doesn't 'fit' with my swing.

Gutted as it's costing me hard earned cash

No doubt a good looking club but the profile for me doesnt suit my eye as much as the titliest drivers.

• 2 weeks later...
I know lots of weekend hackers that control a slice to come back to the fairway.
Theres not a pro I know of that consider 15+ yards of movement either direction a fade or draw. They prefer 3-5 at the most. 
But like with all things golf there’s lots of ways to skin the cat and play this game at an enjoyable level 
Have you seen the Protracer curvature values on some of the pros shots!? Most play alot more curve than 3 to 5 yards..

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

15 hours ago, Jus1412 said:

Have you seen the Protracer curvature values on some of the pros shots!? Most play alot more curve than 3 to 5 yards..

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

It depends on the shot but for the most parts anything more than 3-5 yards is rare. I watched Rory hit a bunch of straight billets off the tee this week on the euro tour.

ive been to several pga events and watched them on the course and on he range their balls barely move

Still loving the TS2 .... probably the longest driver I've owned in a long time.

That is all!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

WITB:  Do I like Titleist or what? 

Driver:     :titleist-small: TSR3 9* UST Mamiya Proto LIN-Q Blue 

Fairways   :titleist-small: TSi2 UST Mamiya LIN-Q Blue 13.5* 

Driving Iron:   :titleist-small: U500 17* :Fuji:  Blue Ventus HB Velocore 

Irons   :titleist-small: T350 4 & 5, T200 6 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Dart F4 105g

Wedges    :vokey-small: SM6 48*, SM9 52*, SM8 56* Modus Tour Wedge 

Putter    :cameron-small: Newport 2 w/ Garsen Ultimate grip 

Ball    :titleist-small:  *ProV1 Left Dot

Just found fitting numbers from Club Champion in 2018 and I’m looking st the TS2 numbers and seeing they were the best of the bunch. The issue was that I told the fitter I wanted nothing going left. Well, the smallest dispersion circle was with the TS2, but it was slightly left of center. The spin was too high as well, but the consistency of ball speed, smash, etc was best with TS2.
All the guy had to do was find a shaft and setting to get me down 400 RPMs and it would’ve EASILY stood out.
Hmm. Ponder...
IMG_0271.jpg

2 hours ago, PMookie said:

Just found fitting numbers from Club Champion in 2018 and I’m looking st the TS2 numbers and seeing they were the best of the bunch. The issue was that I told the fitter I wanted nothing going left. Well, the smallest dispersion circle was with the TS2, but it was slightly left of center. The spin was too high as well, but the consistency of ball speed, smash, etc was best with TS2.
All the guy had to do was find a shaft and setting to get me down 400 RPMs and it would’ve EASILY stood out.
Hmm. Ponder...
IMG_0271.jpg

TS2 is/was a beast for me as well. If I had a better fitting shaft in it, I probably wouldn't have bagged the Flash. My miss was way, way left.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

TS2 is/was a beast for me as well. If I had a better fitting shaft in it, I probably wouldn't have bagged the Flash. My miss was way, way left.

My fitter didn’t even try other shafts in it. One and done, the Devotion... In looking back, it wasn’t one of the better fittings I’ve had. I bet my “left biased” Rome and the lowest setting on the TS2 might be pretty good.

• 2 weeks later...

Titleist came to my club 2 days ago, so took the opportunity to talk in detail to the fitter on what I feel and how I want a shaft to feel, as opposed to him just fitting me for 'X' shaft based on my SS.

He listened then put me in a heavy boardy shaft to 'see what I can do' lol Numbers were decent but I had no idea where the head was during the swing.

I persuaded him to try other shafts based on what I was looking for. He insisted the shaft doesnt make as much difference to the numbers as the head does, I questioned that but he insisted. He also said my SS was within 1mph for all the shafts regardless of weight and flex.

Anyway, he eventually said he doesnt think the shaft I'm looking for exists😂

Best numbers we got was from the Tensei shaft which according to Trackman was giving me an average 25yds extra carry over my norm.😮

So I'll try it on the course for a few days and if it stays like that I'd be foolish not to buy.

2 minutes ago, perseveringgolfer said:

Titleist came to my club 2 days ago, so took the opportunity to talk in detail to the fitter on what I feel and how I want a shaft to feel, as opposed to him just fitting me for 'X' shaft based on my SS.

He listened then put me in a heavy boardy shaft to 'see what I can do' lol Numbers were decent but I had no idea where the head was during the swing.

I persuaded him to try other shafts based on what I was looking for. He insisted the shaft doesnt make as much difference to the numbers as the head does, I questioned that but he insisted. He also said my SS was within 1mph for all the shafts regardless of weight and flex.

Anyway, he eventually said he doesnt think the shaft I'm looking for exists😂

Best numbers we got was from the Tensei shaft which according to Trackman was giving me an average 25yds extra carry over my norm.😮

So I'll try it on the course for a few days and if it stays like that I'd be foolish not to buy.

So many think the shaft is some magic wand. All the good fitters I know find head first and then use the shaft to fine tune. 

When I did my 917 fitting we went thru both d2 and d3 heads and 9.5 and 10.5 lofts. With some minor tweaks to the settings.

then we found 3 shafts that worked best and went with the one we both agreed had the swing  rhythm the best 

2 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

So many think the shaft is some magic wand. All the good fitters I know find head first and then use the shaft to fine tune. 

out of interest how did they 'find' the head first?

Surely a light whippy regular flex on a guy swinging 110MPH with a fast transition will be a disaster on ANY head? Yes that's an extreme but surely the shaft plays a big part? Just asking for genuine interest. I have friends who cant even swing my S flex without topping or skittering it along the ground as they play heavy X flex.

Overall I think both are important and its finding the right shaft/head combo that suits a persons swing transition and speed.