Testers Wanted: RUNNER Golf and Byrdie Golf Design ×

Titleist TS2 & TS3 Driver Thread

null

I have demoed these drivers a few times in store and am leaning towards the TS2.  Really intrigued by some of the ball speed numbers I have seen from it and would love to put it up against my F8+ in a more in-depth fitting.

I know @yungkory has a TS2 fitting coming up and I am looking forward to hear what type of numbers he gets!

I found in my brief demo of them both the TS3 sits too square at address, the leading edge is quite sharp. The TS2 sat better, but both performed surprisingly well on offcentre shots. The demo guy let me take it out for 3 holes and slight mis-hits went just as far as a sweetspot shot from my Titleist 910D3. So it certainly appears to live up to it's hype so far.

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

I haven't hit these yet...Shocker I know, but just pure bad timing with a busy fall. 

I am however very much looking forward to trying them at demo day at the PGA Show, if not before then.   While I was fit into the 917 D3 in the previous model, I'd like to see what the TS2 does for me. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

5 hours ago, perseveringgolfer said:

I found in my brief demo of them both the TS3 sits too square at address, the leading edge is quite sharp. The TS2 sat better, but both performed surprisingly well on offcentre shots. The demo guy let me take it out for 3 holes and slight mis-hits went just as far as a sweetspot shot from my Titleist 910D3. So it certainly appears to live up to it's hype so far.

This was true for me as well when I was swinging them at the pro shop. I liked that I could see the loft (or at least that's how it felt for me) at address of the TS2. It gave me more confidence looking down at it. If the GC2 at the shop was accurate, I was putting some out there right at my theoretical max according to that swing speed/carry chart floating around on the net.

I haven't been on Trackman for about a year so this Saturday is kind of killing two birds with one stone -- testing the TS line, and getting numbers so I can test Truefit as well :)

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

6 hours ago, perseveringgolfer said:

I’m guessing by “too square” is more relative to the leading edge comment you made? To me a club is either square, open or closed and the “too” would be more applicable to how much open or closed the club looks for the person and for square its either square or not. 

I’ve only hit both heads a couple times and the ts3 leading edge didn’t stand out to me. I prefer that shape. The ts2 looked kinda triangular to me.

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

I’m guessing by “too square” is more relative to the leading edge comment you made? To me a club is either square, open or closed and the “too” would be more applicable to how much open or closed the club looks for the person and for square its either square or not. 
I’ve only hit both heads a couple times and the ts3 leading edge didn’t stand out to me. I prefer that shape. The ts2 looked kinda triangular to me.
Ts3 is definitely more of a traditional shape while ts2 is slightly more elongated

TS2 has a higher moi so they had to reduce the face roll and bulge.

I hit the TS3 over the weekend and it is pretty good. Looks good at address and may be the best feeling driver I have ever hit. Ball speed was almost exactly the same as my Rogue, so don't see one getting into my bag but they are a great product from what I can tell. Nice that Titleist has produced a driver that can compete again. 

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

42 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

yes, I clumsily didnt explain it very well. It looks sharper along the top to the outside edge...if that makes any sense. I personally dont like a club sitting open or closed, it needs to be square to the target line and the Titleist does that perfectly. It's the top edge that just looks straighter/sharper than my 910D3 or the TS2

4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

5 minutes ago, perseveringgolfer said:

yes, I clumsily didnt explain it very well. It looks sharper along the top to the outside edge...if that makes any sense. I personally dont like a club sitting open or closed, it needs to be square to the target line and the Titleist does that perfectly. It's the top edge that just looks straighter/sharper than my 910D3 or the TS2

Ok. That makes more sense. I figured it had more to do with the leading edge/top than the verbiage of too square.  It’s funny how the mind plays tricks on us based on looks. At the end of a recent fitting the fitter wanted to run some experiments so he changed some settings on the driver and based on the looks at address I changed my swing to try and get the result I wanted based on how the address looked. After a few swings when we were talking about it he said he wanted to see what I would do based on what I saw as well as what he noticed from other settings during the fitting

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

An average of 4 mph more ball speed

Consistent launch between 12 and 14 degrees

Consistent spin between 2000 and 2300

More than 8 yards average carry distance increase with a tighter horizontal and vertical dispersion

Looks like I need to update the What did you buy today and my WITB thread 

23 hours ago, jlukes said:

An average of 4 mph more ball speed

Consistent launch between 12 and 14 degrees

Consistent spin between 2000 and 2300

More than 8 yards average carry distance increase with a tighter horizontal and vertical dispersion

Looks like I need to update the What did you buy today and my WITB thread 

I was just about to ask you about your numbers with TS2. Can't wait until tomorrow!

Can't wait to hear how your fitting goes today
TS2 9.5 Hzrdus Smoke 6.0

Ball speeds up from my G400 max up 11 mph... They're going to email me the Trackman data. They said they normalize the numbers to compensate for using range balls, but I'm interested to see what a real ball does. Gonna have to borrow my buddy's SwingCaddy and take it to the course. It was funny because the fitter was like "why are you even here?" after seeing my Max numbers. I told her that I've given up distance since switching to my G400 in the name of more fairways. I guess she didn't believe me because get next statement was "man, I'd take that all day." Yeah, I thought so too but here I am .

I liked the feel of the Evenflow white that you ended up with, but the dispersion with the Hzrdus beat it out. This shaft really feels like I can swing absolutely free, no holding back. At first, it felt like a 2x4, but she told me to trust the shaft. My swing speed also went back up to 104-105 with the TS2 in my hands. It was as low as 96 with my Max. I guess I really was fighting my KuroKage?

TS3 was spinning too low for me at 1900 and I didn't like the ball flight, probably because I don't hit up on the ball as much as others, but I didn't see my AoA on the tablet, have to wait for the numbers tonight since they don't have a cellular data plan for their tablet. I will say though, my absolute best was with the TS3, but fitting for that perfect one probably isn't the smart choice. I didn't mind the shape at address of the TS3 out on the range today, much less than it bothered my eye in the shop. However, the feel of the clubhead was strange to me. Don't know if it's the CG location, but the first swing resulted in me topping it completely, very weird.

I'm a skeptical person by nature, I question nearly everything until I have my own experience. I didn't believe people on YouTube picking up 4+ mph ball speed so I had to see for myself. I know jlukes knows his stuff, and he doesn't endorse anything unless it's great, and I can attest that these drivers are LEGIT.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I’m curious about the fairways personally. Anyone have a idea about these

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
Jlukes has the TS2 fw as well, there's a thread for them I think

I hit the TS2 for the first time today. The LM in GG wasn't working. But I'm pretty sure it felt like 150 mph ball speed and 260 carry

Seriously I didn't get any numbers. But the sound was intoxicating and the tensi Blue shaft felt very good.

The GM who I know pretty well was telling me hasn't seen anyone get less than 4 mph ball speed increase.

He said the 915 was pretty good and the 917 was a bit better. But he thinks this is the big jump in performance that Titleist has been working toward.

I'll definitley go back and get some numbers on it.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

TS2 9.5 Hzrdus Smoke 6.0

Ball speeds up from my G400 max up 11 mph... They're going to email me the Trackman data. They said they normalize the numbers to compensate for using range balls, but I'm interested to see what a real ball does. Gonna have to borrow my buddy's SwingCaddy and take it to the course. It was funny because the fitter was like "why are you even here?" after seeing my Max numbers. I told her that I've given up distance since switching to my G400 in the name of more fairways. I guess she didn't believe me because get next statement was "man, I'd take that all day." Yeah, I thought so too but here I am .

I liked the feel of the Evenflow white that you ended up with, but the dispersion with the Hzrdus beat it out. This shaft really feels like I can swing absolutely free, no holding back. At first, it felt like a 2x4, but she told me to trust the shaft. My swing speed also went back up to 104-105 with the TS2 in my hands. It was as low as 96 with my Max. I guess I really was fighting my KuroKage?

TS3 was spinning too low for me at 1900 and I didn't like the ball flight, probably because I don't hit up on the ball as much as others, but I didn't see my AoA on the tablet, have to wait for the numbers tonight since they don't have a cellular data plan for their tablet. I will say though, my absolute best was with the TS3, but fitting for that perfect one probably isn't the smart choice. I didn't mind the shape at address of the TS3 out on the range today, much less than it bothered my eye in the shop. However, the feel of the clubhead was strange to me. Don't know if it's the CG location, but the first swing resulted in me topping it completely, very weird.

I'm a skeptical person by nature, I question nearly everything until I have my own experience. I didn't believe people on YouTube picking up 4+ mph ball speed so I had to see for myself. I know jlukes knows his stuff, and he doesn't endorse anything unless it's great, and I can attest that these drivers are LEGIT.

Great stuff dude. That TS2 head is something else. Finally Titleist can pull up a seat next to the Callaway and TaylorMade at the big Boys table with drivers.

I hit the 2 and 3 at Club Champion and didn’t see any gains in ball speed. The M4 they had me try gave me 1-2 mph more than the Titleist. I’ll give it another go after the PGA show once everything’s out. It will be fun to try this again, even at another fitter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

• 2 weeks later...

Took a few swings with the TS2 with Hzrdus Smoke shaft at Golf Galaxy Saturday morning. Man did that feel nice. Also hit an F8+ for comparison. The launch monitor was kind of jacked up and everything was 30-40 yards short of where they should have been, so I don't really have a clue about distance.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

13 hours ago, jlukes said:

Paging @yungkory.

I expect a full report on your maiden voyage

3/4 fairways hit with TS2 during my 9-hole maiden voyage. Wasn't really finding the middle of TS2, but it feels every bit as forgiving as G400 Max was, and I'd be willing to say that distance-wise it's even MORE forgiving for me on off-center strikes. I know from my fitting that on average it's faster, but it was good to see that it translated to the course since even on off-center hits I was in my usual positions.

Cooked one left trying to draw it around the corner, but that was obviously my fault, the rest were pretty good results for not my best swings.

• 2 weeks later...

A quick observation today...

This morning at the club I tried the TS2 and the Cortex before playing. The TS2 was an 11.5* with Tensei Blue-S and the Cortex was an 10.5* with a Blue-R shaft of some kind. The Cortex was a non-starter due to the shaft. Everything was high and right. Everyone raves about the great sound of the Cortex but I didn't hear that through my ears. Now.... the TS2 was freaking awesome! I only hit about 6 shots that were each pretty much perfect in my book. The sound was great and the ball flight and trajectory seemed just what I prefer. And this was with Srixon yellow range balls. Loved the sound and feel. I had all my shots centered on the face in an area of about the size of a quarter. I took both drivers back to the pro shop and told one of the assistants, "I can play this club just like it is." Now the bad news...

He said I had $125 on account and I can apply that to the club and also get the Christmas Sale discount. Hmmm?

Fitting? What fitting. It fits! Honestly though, I think I'll get back out there next Saturday and take it on the course with a game ball, Then I'll see. Really see. Could this be the SLDR beater? Maybe.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

This morning at the club I tried the TS2 and the Cortex before playing. The TS2 was an 11.5* with Tensei Blue-S and the Cortex was an 10.5* with a Blue-R shaft of some kind. The Cortex was a non-starter due to the shaft. Everything was high and right. Everyone raves about the great sound of the Cortex but I didn't hear that through my ears. Now.... the TS2 was freaking awesome! I only hit about 6 shots that were each pretty much perfect in my book. The sound was great and the ball flight and trajectory seemed just what I prefer. And this was with Srixon yellow range balls. Loved the sound and feel. I had all my shots centered on the face in an area of about the size of a quarter. I took both drivers back to the pro shop and told one of the assistants, "I can play this club just like it is." Now the bad news...
He said I had $125 on account and I can apply that to the club and also get the Christmas Sale discount. Hmmm?
Fitting? What fitting. It fits! Honestly though, I think I'll get back out there next Saturday and take it on the course with a game ball, Then I'll see. Really see. Could this be the SLDR beater? Maybe.
It's an absolutely fantastic driver. Pull the trigger!

20 hours ago, PlaidJacket said:

seemed justEveryone raves about the great sound of the Cortex but I didn't hear that through my ears. Now.... the TS2 was freaking awesome! I only hit about 6 shots that were each pretty much perfect in my book. The sound was great and the ball flight and trajectory what I prefer.

I watched Rick Shiels review and it didnt sound good at all, maybe just in the video. BUT I loved the Titleist sound and feel and sound is a major part for me.

I watched Rick Shiels review and it didnt sound good at all, maybe just in the video. BUT I loved the Titleist sound and feel and sound is a major part for me.
It sounds incredible to me. It's the first titanium crowned driver I've hit in years and I forgot how intoxicating that sound is compared to the dull thwack of a cf crowned head

42 minutes ago, jlukes said:
53 minutes ago, perseveringgolfer said:

It sounds incredible to me. It's the first titanium crowned driver I've hit in years and I forgot how intoxicating that sound is compared to the dull thwack of a cf crowned head

They're called metalwoods for heavens sake 😜

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

2 hours ago, jlukes said:

It's an absolutely fantastic driver. Pull the trigger!

I hate being pressured. LOL

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

6 minutes ago, PlaidJacket said:

I hate being pressured. LOL

You gotta buy it... no pressure though...😉

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock