Titleist TS2 & TS3 Driver Thread

Our Sponsors

Took a few swings with the TS2 with Hzrdus Smoke shaft at Golf Galaxy Saturday morning. Man did that feel nice. Also hit an F8+ for comparison. The launch monitor was kind of jacked up and everything was 30-40 yards short of where they should have been, so I don't really have a clue about distance.

• Like 2

Driver: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 9.5* Recoil 460ES cut to 45"
3W: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 15* Recoil 460ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-PW:  :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
AW: :mizuno-small:S5 52*
SW: :cleveland-small: 588
LW: :callaway-small: MD3
Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Marxman
Bag: :bridgestone-small: Tour B Stand Bag
Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

:SuperSpeed: Tester
Starting Driver Speed on PRGR Monitor: 102 mph

Final Driver Speed (end of Level 2): 120 mph

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Played my first two rounds with my TS2 last week in FL.   After some initial work on fixing s swing flaw that had crept in, I drove the heck out of the ball.  Played with our Superintendent who is usu

A quick observation today... This morning at the club I tried the TS2 and the Cortex before playing. The TS2 was an 11.5* with Tensei Blue-S and the Cortex was an 10.5* with a Blue-R shaft of som

Great range session today. I guess you can say that I'm getting along pretty well with the TS2 and the Evenflow White

Posted Images

Paging @yungkory.

I expect a full report on your maiden voyage

• Like 3

In my :mizuno-small: BR-D4 Stand Bag

:ping-small: G410 LST 9* VA Nemesys 65X
:ping-small: G410 LST 14.5* Tour AD DI 7X
:srixon-small: ZU85 18* Tour AD 95X
:titelist-small: 818 H2 20* Tour AD DI 85X
 MP20 HMB 4 Tour AD 95X
:mizuno-small: JPX 919 Tour 5-9 Oban CT 115 X(-)
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 46F - 54S - 59D
:mizuno-small: M Craft II
:bridgestone-small: Tour B X
13 hours ago, jlukes said:

Paging @yungkory.

I expect a full report on your maiden voyage

3/4 fairways hit with TS2 during my 9-hole maiden voyage. Wasn't really finding the middle of TS2, but it feels every bit as forgiving as G400 Max was, and I'd be willing to say that distance-wise it's even MORE forgiving for me on off-center strikes. I know from my fitting that on average it's faster, but it was good to see that it translated to the course since even on off-center hits I was in my usual positions.

Cooked one left trying to draw it around the corner, but that was obviously my fault, the rest were pretty good results for not my best swings.

• Like 5

Driver: :taylormade-small: SIM Max 10.5 Fujikura Motore X F3 5S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue 75S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50 Mid | 54 Full S-grind | 58 Low Relief Grind Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1, 34.5", BGT Stability Tour, 71* lie angle, Press II 3* Grip | :EVNROLL: ER5 BGT Stability Tour

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B X

• 2 weeks later...

A quick observation today...

This morning at the club I tried the TS2 and the Cortex before playing. The TS2 was an 11.5* with Tensei Blue-S and the Cortex was an 10.5* with a Blue-R shaft of some kind. The Cortex was a non-starter due to the shaft. Everything was high and right. Everyone raves about the great sound of the Cortex but I didn't hear that through my ears. Now.... the TS2 was freaking awesome! I only hit about 6 shots that were each pretty much perfect in my book. The sound was great and the ball flight and trajectory seemed just what I prefer. And this was with Srixon yellow range balls. Loved the sound and feel. I had all my shots centered on the face in an area of about the size of a quarter. I took both drivers back to the pro shop and told one of the assistants, "I can play this club just like it is." Now the bad news...

He said I had $125 on account and I can apply that to the club and also get the Christmas Sale discount. Hmmm?

Fitting? What fitting. It fits! Honestly though, I think I'll get back out there next Saturday and take it on the course with a game ball, Then I'll see. Really see. Could this be the SLDR beater? Maybe.

• Like 8

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

This morning at the club I tried the TS2 and the Cortex before playing. The TS2 was an 11.5* with Tensei Blue-S and the Cortex was an 10.5* with a Blue-R shaft of some kind. The Cortex was a non-starter due to the shaft. Everything was high and right. Everyone raves about the great sound of the Cortex but I didn't hear that through my ears. Now.... the TS2 was freaking awesome! I only hit about 6 shots that were each pretty much perfect in my book. The sound was great and the ball flight and trajectory seemed just what I prefer. And this was with Srixon yellow range balls. Loved the sound and feel. I had all my shots centered on the face in an area of about the size of a quarter. I took both drivers back to the pro shop and told one of the assistants, "I can play this club just like it is." Now the bad news...
He said I had $125 on account and I can apply that to the club and also get the Christmas Sale discount. Hmmm?
Fitting? What fitting. It fits! Honestly though, I think I'll get back out there next Saturday and take it on the course with a game ball, Then I'll see. Really see. Could this be the SLDR beater? Maybe.
It's an absolutely fantastic driver. Pull the trigger!
  • Like 1

MP20 HMB 4 Tour AD 95X
20 hours ago, PlaidJacket said:

seemed justEveryone raves about the great sound of the Cortex but I didn't hear that through my ears. Now.... the TS2 was freaking awesome! I only hit about 6 shots that were each pretty much perfect in my book. The sound was great and the ball flight and trajectory what I prefer.

I watched Rick Shiels review and it didnt sound good at all, maybe just in the video. BUT I loved the Titleist sound and feel and sound is a major part for me.

• Like 1

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

I watched Rick Shiels review and it didnt sound good at all, maybe just in the video. BUT I loved the Titleist sound and feel and sound is a major part for me.
It sounds incredible to me. It's the first titanium crowned driver I've hit in years and I forgot how intoxicating that sound is compared to the dull thwack of a cf crowned head
  • Like 2

MP20 HMB 4 Tour AD 95X
42 minutes ago, jlukes said:
53 minutes ago, perseveringgolfer said:

It sounds incredible to me. It's the first titanium crowned driver I've hit in years and I forgot how intoxicating that sound is compared to the dull thwack of a cf crowned head

They're called metalwoods for heavens sake 😜

2020 MGS Hard Rock Challenge

SkyCaddie SX400
OGIO Silencer:  Followed by Arccos
:ping-small: G410+, Tensei Orange
:nike-small: Vapor Fly 3, Diamana Blue, Covert 2.0 3H, Kuro Kage Black
:wilson-small:
Wilson D7 Irons 4-GW,  Dynamic Gold AMT
:ping-small: Glide  52, 56 ES
:EVNROLL: ER2
:titelist-small: -ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

2 hours ago, jlukes said:

It's an absolutely fantastic driver. Pull the trigger!

I hate being pressured. LOL

• Like 1

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

6 minutes ago, PlaidJacket said:

You gotta buy it... no pressure though...😉

• Like 1

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

5 hours ago, PlaidJacket said:

Went out again last Wednesday for TS2's second 9 hole round. Blocked one right on the first hole and was 70y to the right, but pin high. The next drive was on #4 Par 4 ~400y playing into a 20 mph wind, left me with 150 for my second. The final drive - #9 is parallel to the 4th hole so it was playing down wind/downhill and it's 510y on the card. I spanked one that just seemed to stay in the air forever and had 140y left...

This driver is no joke.

• Like 3

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50 Mid | 54 Full S-grind | 58 Low Relief Grind Nippon Modus 115 Wedge

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1, 34.5", BGT Stability Tour, 71* lie angle, Press II 3* Grip | :EVNROLL: ER5 BGT Stability Tour

I played in a Snowball outing on Friday it was 35 degrees with 20mph winds.

All the tees were up so there was one hole that was lasered at 292 yards to the pin. It was about 30 yards downhill to the green, but the wind was dead in our face. After my partner hit his driver about 30 yards short of the green I uncorked a drive that just seemed to stay in the air forever. It landed pin high and stayed on the green.

• Like 4

MP20 HMB 4 Tour AD 95X
34 minutes ago, jlukes said:

I played in a Snowball outing on Friday it was 35 degrees with 20mph winds.

All the tees were up so there was one hole that was lasered at 292 yards to the pin. It was about 30 yards downhill to the green, but the wind was dead in our face. After my partner hit his driver about 30 yards short of the green I uncorked a drive that just seemed to stay in the air forever. It landed pin high and stayed on the green.

3 putt par?  🤣

• Like 1

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Ten S      Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330,   :EVNROLL: ER2.2,  

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

It’s really helpful when talking about drivers or any club for that matter to include shaft information. The dynamics of a club can change significantly from one shaft to another. Consistency is not a problem for me but distance is a bit of a challenge. Squeezing out an extra 10 yards could be the difference of one or two clubs into the green. Knowing the head alone is somewhat misleading.

I’ve never owned a Titleist Driver. Love to hear all the experiences and please include the shaft info. Great stuff so far.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

PX EvenFlow T1100 White 65 6.5

This is the first Titleist driver i have ever owned

MP20 HMB 4 Tour AD 95X
1 hour ago, SteddyGolf said:

It’s really helpful when talking about drivers or any club for that matter to include shaft information. The dynamics of a club can change significantly from one shaft to another. Consistency is not a problem for me but distance is a bit of a challenge. Squeezing out an extra 10 yards could be the difference of one or two clubs into the green. Knowing the head alone is somewhat misleading.

I’ve never owned a Titleist Driver. Love to hear all the experiences and please include the shaft info. Great stuff so far.

Shafts like head and loft are also going to change one to another. One shaft my work better in the ts2 than ts3 for one person and opposite for another.

Knowing a persons swing along with their launch monitor numbers imo helps a lot more than just knowing head and shaft specs.

Gainng 10 yards for many will be hard these days imo. With CT/COR being maxed out there’s going to be minimal gain in center orbclose to center contact from what I have seen in fittings over the last 3 years or so.  Someone who want fit for their current setup, someone with an older setup of let’s say 4+ years or someone who doesn’t find center of the face consistently will be the ones who have a better chance of picking up more yards as the newer technology being used in materials and face construction are improving ball speed across the face.

• Like 3

Driver: Titleist 917D3 9.5 with Graphite Design MAD Pro 65g S

Wood: Titleist 917F2 with UST Mamiya Helium 5F4

Hybrid: Titleist 816H1 21 with Atmos Blue 85 S

Irons: Titleist 718 AP3 4i, 718 CB 5-6, MB 7-9 with KBS $ Taper 125

Wedges: Vokey SM7 46/50/54/60 with DG s200

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Shafts like head and loft are also going to change one to another. One shaft my work better in the ts2 than ts3 for one person and opposite for another.
Knowing a persons swing along with their launch monitor numbers imo helps a lot more than just knowing head and shaft specs.
Gainng 10 yards for many will be hard these days imo. With CT/COR being maxed out there’s going to be minimal gain in center orbclose to center contact from what I have seen in fittings over the last 3 years or so.  Someone who want fit for their current setup, someone with an older setup of let’s say 4+ years or someone who doesn’t find center of the face consistently will be the ones who have a better chance of picking up more yards as the newer technology being used in materials and face construction are improving ball speed across the face.
Agreed completely. Shafts and how one reacts to a shafts particular characteristics is completely unique from one individual to the next.
  • Like 2

MP20 HMB 4 Tour AD 95X
6 hours ago, SteddyGolf said:

TS2 9.5 HZRDUS Smoke 60 6.0

5 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

FWIW from my Trackman data I'm on average 1.1 degrees up, around 2200 spin, 12* launch

I struggled to keep the TS3 on line, but felt like I middled it more often. It was carrying a few yards longer than TS2 on average, but probably because the spin was at 1800 -- which is probably why dispersion was considerably worse.

This driver just FEELS fast off the face, similar to how my Epic felt.

Great range session today. I guess you can say that I'm getting along pretty well with the TS2 and the Evenflow White IMG_20181213_153007.jpeg

• Like 8

MP20 HMB 4 Tour AD 95X
  • 3 weeks later...

I spent some time in the hitting bay at Golf Galaxy over the weekend - the TS2 really has me intrigued. I tried the 9.5* loft and the HZRDUS Smoke and Even Flow shafts (I hit about 20 balls with each shaft). I was averaging about 95 mph swing speed but backspin was very high (approaching 4000 rpm with the Smoke shaft and 3500 rpm with the Even Flow, IIRC). The guy at the store also told me my launch angle was pretty high, but I don't recall what it was. If you've paid any attention to the Bridgestone JGR driver thread, I have strong suspicions that the shaft was way wrong for me, but apparently my swing isn't helping much. To me, the main thing that came out of it was I need a lesson (or 6) to groove a swing. Apparently I have a tendency to hit pretty sharply down on the ball (which I wasn't entirely aware of), so I made some efforts to try to catch the ball more on the upswing. The few occasions this happened resulted in much lower spin (around 2000 rpm) and much more carry (250 versus 220).

I'm still very intrigued by the TS2, but need a couple lessons and for spring to come so I can hit some balls.

• Like 1

Driver: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 9.5* Recoil 460ES cut to 45"
3W: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 15* Recoil 460ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-PW:  :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
AW: :mizuno-small:S5 52*
SW: :cleveland-small: 588
LW: :callaway-small: MD3
Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Marxman
Bag: :bridgestone-small: Tour B Stand Bag
Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+