jlukes

Titleist TS2 & TS3 Driver Thread

I wonder what the most common setting is for these drivers:
IMG_8575.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I’ll just leave this here. 53 feet of curve, or 17.667 yards.
IMG_8612.jpgIMG_8613.jpgIMG_8614.jpg

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, GB13 said:

I guess we are just going to have to agree to disagree here. If I had a 15 yard cut/slice that was a consistent fairway finder, I'd take it. 

But if that slice could be fixed by the equipment, that's a 15 yard difference down the fairway.  A difference between 2 clubs into the green.  

I’ll just leave this here. 53 feet of curve, or 17.667 yards.
IMG_8612.thumb.jpg.afb8ab161c001cef094d7527e6457e89.jpgIMG_8613.thumb.jpg.b69fbd783d72da34aa97a6c12cf3e8ed.jpgIMG_8614.thumb.jpg.2c4932c535f2a2d8ff1bbedb0910a821.jpg

Is that all? I can surely out do DJ on the left to right curve.
  • Like 2

Is that all? I can surely out do DJ on the left to right curve.

Glad I can’t. I’m only at 15 yards. I need to do better! And he hits it 330+! Crazy. I’m only getting 300-305! Dude’s a beast.

Here’s a DRAW at just over 15 yards of movement. Fairway.

IMG_8616.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GB13 said:

I guess we are just going to have to agree to disagree here. If I had a 15 yard cut/slice that was a consistent fairway finder, I'd take it. 

Yup because I will take both a fairway plus the added yardage from better ball flight characteristics 

I did a driver fitting at Club Champion a couple of weeks ago. Once the fitter found the best shaft for me in my current TS3 head, he did everything he could to beat numbers I was getting from the TS3 and failed. The EPIC Flash SZ, Cobra F9, Taylormade M5, and a few other heads all failed to give me what I get from the Titleist TS3. For me, it is definitively the best driver on the market.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, chershey said:

I did a driver fitting at Club Champion a couple of weeks ago. Once the fitter found the best shaft for me in my current TS3 head, he did everything he could to beat numbers I was getting from the TS3 and failed. The EPIC Flash SZ, Cobra F9, Taylormade M5, and a few other heads all failed to give me what I get from the Titleist TS3. For me, it is definitively the best driver on the market.

When I came away from my fitting at Club Champion the TS3 beat out my gamer at the time the M3. Once i settled into the TS3 nothing else came close to it. For me, it is the best driver on the market as well. 

• Like 2

I first did a Titleist Thursday event, then went multiple times with the pro at my local course, trying every brand offering and like several have mentioned none of the others came close to the TS3 for me. When doing the Titleist fitting the fitter told me it was the best on the market and he would put it up against any others, I figured it was just part of the sales pitch so to speak, even though there was no pressure from him. However, with each driver dialed in, the TS3 outperformed every brand, for me it was hands down the best driver on the market. I hit the Ping G410, M5 and M6, the Cobra F9, and Callaway Epic Flash SZ, the TS3 beat them all. 

18 minutes ago, Jfoz89 said:

Guessing it's worth upgrading my 917d2?

Depends. Some have seen more ball speed and distance and others nothing significant. 

1 minute ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Depends. Some have seen more ball speed and distance and others nothing significant. 

Thanks will give it a try next time I have the chance. 

Just now, Jfoz89 said:

Thanks will give it a try next time I have the chance. 

Cool. I preferred the look of the 917 over ts2&3. The ts2 I tested with even flow White was a straight shot and on a piercing flight. Just couldn’t beat my g400 out though 

20 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Cool. I preferred the look of the 917 over ts2&3. The ts2 I tested with even flow White was a straight shot and on a piercing flight. Just couldn’t beat my g400 out though 

Ye my current driver 917 is the best driver I've had and currently my best club in the bag. But was just curious about people's opinions think I'll give them a hit and take it from there.

• Like 1

I took out the Demo TS3 9.5* at my club yesterday- loved it over my Cobra F9 10.5*  thats a couple of weeks old. Going to use the demo club in 3 competitions coming up (that's where I'll see if it performs) and if it does I'll have to find the cash somewhere.

Thing is I had fun with the TS3 yesterday, even enjoyed stepping on a couple that took me to parts of the course (fairway) I've not been at for awhile. I want it.

Cobra reluctantly will be on ebay shortly.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Jfoz89 said:

Ye my current driver 917 is the best driver I've had and currently my best club in the bag. But was just curious about people's opinions think I'll give them a hit and take it from there.

Will be curious to read your thoughts on the ts. 

2 hours ago, perseveringgolfer said:

I took out the Demo TS3 9.5* at my club yesterday- loved it over my Cobra F9 10.5*  thats a couple of weeks old. Going to use the demo club in 3 competitions coming up (that's where I'll see if it performs) and if it does I'll have to find the cash somewhere.

Thing is I had fun with the TS3 yesterday, even enjoyed stepping on a couple that took me to parts of the course (fairway) I've not been at for awhile. I want it.

Cobra reluctantly will be on ebay shortly.

Two of my friends who hit the ball a long way have recently both put the cobra in the bag so very interesting that you prefer the TS over it. 

1 hour ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Will be curious to read your thoughts on the ts. 

Will keep you updated once I get a chance 👍

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Jfoz89 said:

Two of my friends who hit the ball a long way have recently both put the cobra in the bag so very interesting that you prefer the TS over it. 

really wanted to like the Cobra, persevered with loft and weight changes and swing changes, the TS isn't perfect but I had a level of confidence with it going 'roughly' where I aimed, with the Cobra it could go left with a hook or high and very right..........which is clearly my swing error but it means the Cobra doesn't 'fit' with my swing.

Gutted as it's costing me hard earned cash

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Daily Deals

• Sponsors

• Our Sponsors

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Tod Jenning

• By Golfspy_CG2
      Lynx Golf Continues Momentum with Launch of LynxGolfUSA.com, Release of Black Cat Lines
        (Weybridge, Surrey, UK) – Lynx® Golf – the iconic equipment brand trusted by multiple major championship winners over its storied history – unveils LynxGolfUSA.com, a new website providing American golfers access to the manufacturer’s innovative lines, including the new Black Cat Series.

Launch of the site coincides with new social media channels, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, and will feature unique blog content, newsletter sign-up and more. Bolstering the introduction of the new site and social media channels is the U.S. debut of the latest generation of the famed Black Cat line, which delivers leading-edge technology in an attractive and classic aesthetic.  

“The U.S. site is the latest step in our journey to bring this iconic brand back to a place of prominence in the American golf market,” says Stephanie Zinser, CFO and co-owner of Lynx Golf. “Black Cat is the perfect series to accompany our website and social launches as golfers have fond memories of previous iterations, but that nostalgia will quickly be replaced with modern performance that maximizes both distance and accuracy.”

The Black Cat line features innovations unique to the Lynx brand: Effective Energy Transfer – Each driver, fairway wood and hybrid are engineered with proprietary technology designed to disperse energy across the club face, offering greater forgiveness on off-centre hits.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         Weight Bar System – Found in the line’s driver and fairway woods, the system transfers weight from the front to the back of the clubhead, giving players control over their preferred launch and spin rate.                                                                                                                                                                             Hollow-Head Technology with Variable Face Thickness – Each iron distributes weight across the hitting surface while a polymer-filled hollow cavity in the head allows for one of the thinnest forged faces in the industry. This provides more effective energy transfer across the face for increased ball speeds and a higher, more stable MOI throughout the set.  Over the past several years, the Lynx brand has made a resounding impact in the U.K., as the company has recorded double-digit annual sales increases every year since 2013. This growth has been driven by several successful products which will be featured on LynxGolfUSA.com including the popular Prowler VT irons, Prowler Forged irons, and Tigress line of women’s clubs.                                    
      “Without our success in Europe and around the world, days like today are not possible” says Steve Elford, CEO and co-owner of Lynx Golf. “What golfers are about to see and experience in the U.S. started nearly a decade ago when our team set out to restore the glory once associated with the iconic brand.”

Founded in the 1970’s by John Riley Sr. and Carl Ross, Lynx® Golf quickly established a massive fanbase among the game’s best players. This included legendary ambassadors who trusted the brand to help them capture victories at the 1992 Masters and 1994 US Open, among other wins.

Lynx’s renowned product lines include everything from TOUR-caliber clubs, such as the Prowler VT irons, to products geared for mid-to-high handicappers. At the professional level, the brand continues to draw talent, as its ambassadors include the legendary Dame Laura Davies and former European Tour standout, and current Sky Sports TV presenter, Nick Dougherty, as well as LET players Lydia Hall, Becky Brewerton and Trish Johnson.  
        About Lynx® Golf

Lynx® Golf concentrates on developing high quality, technologically-advanced but affordable golf clubs, backed up by great customer service. In the UK, it has gained a strong foothold in ‘green grass’ golf accounts – retail operations typically run at golf courses by PGA Professionals - with clubs designed and assembled in the UK at the company’s Weybridge, Surrey, headquarters.

For more information visit: www.Lynxgolfusa.com, www.Lynxgolf.co.uk/, or follow @LynxGolfUK on twitter.
    • By Golfspy_CG2
      So my two favorite golf destinations are Whistling Straits and Pinehurst.   I've been lucky enough to visit both multiple times.   I was doubly lucky that one of the trips to Pinehurst in 2016 was as part of the Team Titleist event, which I chronicled here, right after I joined the site.
      Well I'll complete the TeamTitleist DoubePlay....if you will,  this week.  On Wednesday I'll be headed to Kohler to spend three days and nights with some great TeamTitleist members that I have met over the years at the events, and several members of Titleist staff.   They are litteraly among the best people in the industry that I've met and put on a great event for the attendees. 

Highlights this year will include:
      Playing Blackwolf Run--Home of a couple of Women's US Opens Playing WS Straits course, site of the 202 Ryder Cup and has hosted the PGA Championship three times!  An afternoon demo/fitting session of the entire Titleist line, including the new T Series irons and TS FW's and Hybrids Titleist Ball Fitting and Demo A hands on instructional clinic from Cameron McCormick Based on previous events..A huge bag full of Titleist and Team Titleist swag And best of all three days of meals and great memories with other passionate golfers!  And probably unfortunately spending more money than I need to in the pro shop on 2020 Ryder Cup merchandise 🙄 I'll be filling this thread as much as I can with pictures throughout the three days starting tomorrow.  
    • By Golfspy_CG2
      Press Release from Titleist
      Tour-Proven Design Sets Tone for 2020 Jet Black Collection
        FAIRHAVEN, Mass. (Aug. 13, 2019) – The introduction of the new Titleist Tour Bag – making its debut for the FedExCup Playoffs – signals a distinct and modern upgrade on the fairways of the PGA Tour and professional tours around the world.
          Styled and designed based on feedback from tour players and their caddies, in addition to input from PGA golf professionals, the new Tour Bag offers a glimpse into Titleist’s forthcoming 2020 Jet Black Collection that will feature products ranging from stand bags and cart bags to leather headcovers and umbrellas.
        Representing a perfect blend of performance elements and refined detail, the key features of the Jet Black Collection are inspired by the new Tour Bag and incorporated into the entire line – including velour top cuff materials, premium ball pocket panels and luxurious quilted hip pads – reimagined in the Titleist brand colors of black, red, and white.
        “I’m absolutely pumped for the new tour bag,” said Justin Thomas. “We’ve been asking for a fresh, new look and the designers came through big. I love the blacked-out design with the red zippers – and that white Titleist script just pops. You can tell they’ve taken our feedback and thought about every little detail. It’s really slick.”     Thomas is one of more than 150 players that have used a Titleist Tour Bag this year on the PGA Tour, with more Titleist Tour Bags in play each week than any other brand.

NEW TITLEIST TOUR BAG FEATURES
      • Hero product of the Jet Black Collection
      • Tour proven 3-point single shoulder strap
      • Durable materials and quilted highlights
      • Premium metal hardware
      • 5 Way top cuff with integrated handles
      • Magnetic, velour lined valuables pocket
      • New Interior organization in apparel pockets
        AVAILABILITY
      The Titleist Tour Bag ($550) is available in golf shops worldwide beginning Sept. 1, with the complete Jet Black Collection coming in early 2020.
        ON THE WEB
      https://www.titleist.com/golf-gear/golf-bags

• By Golfspy_CG2
      Is it fair to call them the No. 1 iron, driver, wedge in golf? 
      Some notes below from a press release on just how domimate Titleist is on tour this year. 

PGA:  It was a Titleist Brand Ambassador 1-2-3 finish at the regular season-ending Wyndham Championship, where Titleist Brand Ambassador J.T. Poston earned his first career PGA TOUR victory … Poston finished one shot clear of Webb Simpson and two better than Ben An … Viktor Hovland (Pro V1), finished solo 4th, another shot back … Closing with a career-best eight-under par 62 en route to a tournament record-tying 22-under 258 victory total, Poston became the first player since 1974 to win a 72-hole stroke-play event on tour without any bogeys or worse … Simpson fired a final round 65 to secure his runner-up finish for the second straight week, while An, who held or shared the lead after each of the first three rounds, closed with a 67.
      >Eleven of the 12 players who finished among the top 10 and ties trusted Titleist golf balls for their success, and so did every other player who finished in the top 35 … That’s 34 of the top 35 finishers teed up a Pro V1 or Pro V1x with so much on the line at the PGA TOUR’s regular season finale.
      > Poston’s win advances the 2018-19 PGA TOUR victory total for Titleist golf ball players to 23, nearly four times the nearest competitor (6) and more than all other golf balls combined … A total of 120 (77%) players teed up a Titleist at the Wyndham Championship, more than eight times the nearest competitor with 14. 
      > What’s in the Titleist Bags of the top three finishers at the Wyndham Championship:
      J.T. Poston: Pro V1x, TS3 (9.5) driver, TS2 (15) fairway metal, 716 T-MB (3-5) and 718 AP2 (6-9) irons, Vokey Design SM7 pitching (46), gap (50), sand (55) and lob (60) wedges, Scotty Cameron GoLo putter.

Webb Simpson: Pro V1, TS3 (10.5) driver, TS2 (15) and 913Fd (18) fairway metals, 913Hd (20) and 915Hd (23.5) hybrids, New 620 MB (5-PW) irons, Vokey Design SM7 gap (54) and prototype lob (60) wedges.

Ben An: Pro V1x, TS3 (8.5) driver, U-500 2-iron, 716 T-MB (3-5) and 620 MB (6-9) irons, Vokey Design SM7 pitching (48), gap (52), sand (56) and prototype (60) lob wedges, Scotty Cameron TNP putter.

> For the second time this season, the Titleist brand swept all eight major equipment categories on both the PGA TOUR and Korn Ferry Tour in the same week ... It is an achievement that had never been accomplished until Titleist made history by sweeping the Travelers Championship and Wichita Open in June ... The eight major tee-through-green equipment categories include golf balls, drivers, fairway metals, hybrids, utility irons, irons, wedges and putters ... The recently introduced T100 irons were the most played single model at the event with 15 sets in play, while the TS3 driver was the field favorite with 34.
      > At the Wyndham Championship, Titleist was the top choice across every category for the 11th time this year ... The other tournaments in which Titleist has topped every major equipment category include: 3M Open, Rocket Mortgage Classic, Travelers Championship, AT&T Byron Nelson, Wells Fargo Championship, Corales Puntacana Championship, Valspar Championship, Honda Classic, Farmers Insurance Open and Sony Open in Hawaii ... This marks the fourth time on the Korn Ferry Tour that Titleist has swept the counts.

• By GrtflRed
      I'm listing a MINT TS2 with a brand-new Accra TZ5, 75g M5 shaft, standard length. The  original driver was $499 and I added the shaft for $310. 
      I estimate the driver head has launched ~25 tee shots. I had some pro-shop money expire end of 2018, so I picked up the TS2 head. I got fit for the Accra shaft about a month ago and it's been collecting dust on the TS2 since. Decided to stick with my trust 915d2 from college. This thing is sick. Please feel free to shoot me any questions. 
      $525 - Looking to sell full set-up. 

• Recent Topics

• Latest from the Blog

• Happy Birthday Today!