Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Titleist TS2 & TS3 Driver Thread

null

26 minutes ago, perseveringgolfer said:

out of interest how did they 'find' the head first?

Surely a light whippy regular flex on a guy swinging 110MPH with a fast transition will be a disaster on ANY head? Yes that's an extreme but surely the shaft plays a big part? Just asking for genuine interest. I have friends who cant even swing my S flex without topping or skittering it along the ground as they play heavy X flex.

Overall I think both are important and its finding the right shaft/head combo that suits a persons swing transition and speed.

Yeah obviously there’s some bad fits for shafts as you mention someone with a fast ss and quick transition isn’t going to fit into a soft shaft.

in general there’s optimal windows of launch and spin for ss ranges (a starting point). Many times the fitter uses the current setup to get a baseline and an idea where to start with loft and possibly head size and overall design of the head. A low spin golfer that doesn’t hit the ball high probably won’t fit into a low spin head.

so based on the current club they pick a head to start wit and a similar shaft make up if not the same shaft to see what it does and then they go from there. Using golfer feedback, launch monitor numbers and ball flight (outdoor fitting) they adjust where needed. Once the head is settled on them there may be shaft changes to see if they can optimize it more.

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

3 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Many times the fitter uses the current setup to get a baseline and an idea where to start with loft and possibly head size and overall design of the head. A low spin golfer that doesn’t hit the ball high probably won’t fit into a low spin head.

so based on the current club 

could be this, as I went in with no driver so he was starting from a point of discussion as opposed to what I already gamed.

I remember getting fitted for irons at Wentworth years ago (home of the current European Tour Flagship event on now) and the fitter there looked at my set and said I think we'll just put the same shafts in the new set!!!! Wow! lazy fitting or what.

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

52 minutes ago, perseveringgolfer said:

could be this, as I went in with no driver so he was starting from a point of discussion as opposed to what I already gamed.

I remember getting fitted for irons at Wentworth years ago (home of the current European Tour Flagship event on now) and the fitter there looked at my set and said I think we'll just put the same shafts in the new set!!!! Wow! lazy fitting or what.

When I did my 917 fitting I didn’t hit my gamer. I told the fitter I wanted a titleist driver and knew what I was getting from my current driver and would know if we were right with the 917. I didn’t get too many numbers during my fitting since I didn’t want to alter swing to chase numbers. It took probably 30 swings before we settled on head then another 60-70 swings changing shafts and hosel adjustments. 

The iron fitting could be lazy but it’s a good starting point and if the numbers worked in the new heads no need to swap. My 718 iron fitting was that way. Used my current shaft and boom right in the numbers. Swapped shaft twice to see if anything changed. Px lz were no good for my swing and px 6.0 also worked. I went with what I had and was happy

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

• 1 month later...

I know that results will vary but I tried all the big names before I settled on the TS3.  I love this driver and many of my group have gone to it as well.  I never considered a Titleist driver before this issue.

Edited by Glftips

Titleist TS 3 with Fuji Ventus R shaft

Epic Flash 3 & 5 woods

Cally Big Berta 2019 4 hybrid

Cally Apex 2019 5-PW

Cally 48*

Honma TW4 56*

Titleist Volker Raw wedge 60*

Scotty Cameron X5 putter

On 4/15/2019 at 10:39 AM, Gijoe83 said:

TS2 is the driver choice for me!! Went in to a local Puetz golf store in Seattle with the intent to purchase a new driver, specifically the G410 or the Taylormade M6. After hitting both of these and not really liking the sound of either sweet spot hit - if it doesn't sound good, then homey don't play that! - the fitter handed me the TS2 to try out. I told him that I wasn't interested but he insisted, and I'm glad that he did! Numbers were off the charts: increased head speed by 6mph over the other two (102mph); dispersion was super tight; distance was on average better, with the long being 312yds; the spin avg was 2235; and, the sound was amazing! Needless to say, I walked out with the TS2 with the Tensei Blue stiff shaft. I've since upgraded to a UST Mamiya VTS Black in 6SX and my results are even better now than before! Love this club!!! FYI, did try the TS3 but set-up and feel weren't the same as the TS2.

I went to a fitting last winter for drivers, I agree with you, I liked the TS2 much better than the TS3.  Shape was more pleasing to my eye and it just felt much better.  That being said, I walked away with an Epic Flash Sub Zero...hahaha  TS2 was best feeling, numbers though were much better with the Sub Zero.

Driver:  :callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero Hzdrs Smoke x flex 70g

3 Wood:  :titelist-small: 917 w/ Diamana Whiteboard stiff

5 Wood : :callaway-small: Epic Flash 18* Hzdrs Smoke stiff

4 Hybrid: image.png.cf6ab25979c6727ff31e6cc6f719636c.png TSi3 Hzdrs Smoke X flex

Irons:  :callaway-small: 5-7  Apex forged 19 w/ Modus 120 X

9-A Apex Pro 19 w/ Modus 120 X

Wedges:  :callaway-small: MD5 52&56 Jaws Dynamic Gold wedge flex

Putter: :titelist-small: Scotty Cameron Phantom 5.5 34"