Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Simple mechanic to increase driver swingspeed?

perseveringgolfer

I've followed this guy on twitter for awhile and this video looks pretty interesting, worth trying? (i'll try anything reasonable to get past my 101mph max SS)

I like the fact the coach warns about starting the downswing too early if you speed up the backswing, but his 'physics' talk sounds reasonable.

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

🤔 Interesting.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

but his 'physics' talk sounds reasonable.

Because there is merit there!

This reminds me of the counter movement jump people use for the standing vert test (my experience is with football, but I imagine all sports teach it for testing), and it's a really neat way to translate it to golf.

[repeating some of what's in the video] The core goal is activating / priming as much of your muscles ahead of the movement as possible, so when you start the movement you get the full range of motion with a higher % of muscle activation. He calls it more force. Speeding up the backswing requires you to use more force to change direction and  creates more muscle activation to start the downswing. The greater the counter movement, the greater muscle activation you get to start your [insert action here].

if you start at 5:35 in this video it describes the vertical jump version of this.

https://video.wired.com/watch/why-it-s-almost-impossible-to-jump-to-50-inches

The hard part here is maintaining accuracy while hitting a golf ball is much more difficult than using the technique for a jump... Not sure if I'm consistent enough with my driver to prevent things from getting wonky. In fact, I'd say I actually throttle my swing a little in the name of accuracy, and I'm not sure if that would negate the benefit of this technique. Will it still help for those of us not swinging for the fences every time?

I've seen the results counter movement has on vertical jump numbers first hand and it's enough that I'll be giving this a chance at the range next time I go. Thanks for the share!

:cobra-small: Cobra King F7+, VA drago 65 X, 9.5*

:cobra-small: Cobra F7 3/4 wood - hzrd red 15.5*

:mizuno-small: MP-63 4-PW 

:cleveland-small: Cleveland 588 Tour Wedge (56*)

OnCore Elixr all day every day

This is the kind of work that will lead to the next revolution in golf instruction.

The only unfortunate side to science is that it often results in progress ahead of understanding.

Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

I've followed this guy on twitter for awhile and this video looks pretty interesting, worth trying? (i'll try anything reasonable to get past my 101mph max SS)
I like the fact the coach warns about starting the downswing too early if you speed up the backswing, but his 'physics' talk sounds reasonable.

[/url]  
Would this related to the speed golf thread?

Sent from my XT1635-01 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

:cobra-small:             F7+ w/Fujikura Pro XLR8 Graphite Shaft

Ben_Hogan_Golf_Equipment_Company.jpg.b9602c912623c841ad9ad52593c15dee.jpg                3-I  MPF H-Series3B2M graphite Shaft w/Winn Dri-Tac grip mid

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png            STi   Irons 5-SW   KURO KAGE  70IR Flex-R  Lamkin Grips

:cobra-small:             King F6 Hybrid Matrix Red Tie HQ4 Graphite Shaft

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png           Forged FGT  60* wedge KURO KAGE 70R SS cross Comfort grip

:odyssey-small:           O-Putter 1W

I have listened to a few podcasts from him. The latest one is about experimenting with different ideas to increase speed. Basically try something and see if it works; if it doesn’t don’t do it again.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

I have listened to a few podcasts from him. The latest one is about experimenting with different ideas to increase speed. Basically try something and see if it works; if it doesn’t don’t do it again.

But what happens if it’s not going to work until the 4th or 5th time?

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

But what happens if it’s not going to work until the 4th or 5th time?

I would advise that you listen to the podcast. The premise is basically that as a player you should experiment and see what works and what doesn’t. Essentially whatever you try isn’t permanent . Probably more than one and done but you as a player should be able to figure out how to generate more speed.

Not sure I agree with the premise and not something I would experiment with.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

16 minutes ago, cnosil said:

I would advise that you listen to the podcast. The premise is basically that as a player you should experiment and see what works and what doesn’t. Essentially whatever you try isn’t permanent . Probably more than one and done but you as a player should be able to figure out how to generate more speed.

Not sure I agree with the premise and not something I would experiment with.

https://golfsciencelab.com/more-distance-concepts/

Archived