TESTERS WANTED! ×

What's NOT in my bag?!?!

What cool or favorite clubs do you have that you might not be currently gaming? 

Im sure most here have a small arsenal.  

Cobra Fly Z + driver in blue, stiff.

I was loving this club but something happened, and i started spraying it everywhere.  Basically my swing has gone south.  I have more forgiving drivers.  But she is so pretty in blue pearl. And when center struck, booooom.

Cobra AMP Cell Pro 4-pw.  Same deal, my swing faults resulted in me sidelining these for more forgiving cb irons.  Omg butter feel when struck right.  Distance accuracy and flight control like crazy, just don't mishit, the heads are tiny, but they look so damn good!!!

Cobra Bio Cell 3/4w.  Sidelined it for my Snake Eyes 3w for now.  Pretty much just having 3w issues, not the clubs fault.  This one is also blue like the fly z, very sharp.  🙂

TM 09 Burner 10.5deg.  I cut it down to like 43". Sidelined it for my Cobra ZL. Still a cool driver :). 

Wilson Triton.  R shaft.  Just picked this up for a hundo.  Still shrink wrapped :).

So what are your favorite clubs you've kept around that aren't in your bag?  

:cobra-small:   RADspeed 10.5, :projectx: Evenflow Riptide CB 6.0s

:cobra-small:  Bio Cell 3/4w, :projectx: PXV 6.0s; AMP 3h 19deg Aldila RIP R.  Bio Cell 4h 22.5deg :projectx: PXV R. 

:titleist-small:          2021/22 T200 5-7, T100 8-P (bent 1deg strong), :projectx: LZ 5.5 

:cleveland-small:      CBX-2 50/11 

:taylormade-small:   ATV 56/16deg 

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Impact No.3 Align putter

:Arccos:     Caddie for tracking.     

:titelist-small:            Pro V1X balls

Previous forum tests:

2019: Golf Pride Tour Velvet Plus 4 grips, Lynx Black Cat 5-PW.    2020:  :skycaddie: LX5 Watch.    2021:  :1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact #3 Align putter

For me, this is all about putters.

Of the putters in my collection, there is none I enjoy more than my Cleveland Satin 2135 Elevado. It looks great and has the softest feel of any putter I've ever used. But this past summer, I bought an Evnroll ER6, and that became my gamer for most of the year.

Currently pitting my putters against each other in an offseason battle for the starting position in my bag next year, but no matter which I end up with, there will be a couple of them that I like that will spend most of the summer in the basement.

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX T3 15°, Project X HZRDUS Black
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 18°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 21°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 6–PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:mizuno-small: T22 54° and 60°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0, Garsen G-Pro grip
:taylormade-small: TP5x and Tour Response

Full WITB with pictures

Good Question!  Do you really want ME to go there...ha   Ok here's just off the top of my head, even though it's been greatly reduced. 

PING G400 irons, that I played very well with during the middle of the summer

Wilson FG Tour V6 irons, that are quite possibly the best looking irons I've ever owned, that I have played a few times this year and when struck solidly are almost a religious experience. 

PING G400 Max---Great driver nothing wrong with it in the least, just put the Bridgestone JGR driver in the bag for forum testing this summer and haven't been able to take it out.

Odyssey EXO #7 putter, has been very good and one of the better looking mallets I've had.  But right now, I'm playing around with the Odyssey Red Ball which has been fun.   

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

My callaway X-Hot Pro irons. I am slow to change and if I hadn’t done the Wilson C300 forum testing they would still be in the bag. Nothing wrong with them, just enjoying the C300 forged a bit more. Probably because the shaft is better for my swing.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Kicked my 3h out recently after I had it reshafted. Can't hit it for beans. More practice required with it I suppose since it has a totally different feel now...

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

Well, I'm overcoming this conundrum by piecing together two different bags.  One bag of 6 clubs I use when I walk the nine-hole course by the office.  This bag has all old clubs in it, including my PING G5 driver and 22° hybrid and B60 putter.  Also included in it are my PING i3+ (non-conforming) 7 iron, as well as a Cleveland 47° PW and 58° lob wedge.  All of these clubs have at one time or another been removed from my main weekend 14 club bag that has the latest and greatest in it.

Interestingly enough, I forgot how good I hit my 22° PING G5 hybrid.  But having to have something newer and cooler, I replaced it in the main bag with my PING G400 crossover.  And now that I am playing one club during the week and the other on weekends, I've actually been asking myself why I don't just put that 22° hybrid back in my main bag, as I am absolutely nailing it most times when I hit it.

Sometimes I think we overthink all these new clubs and upgrading equipment.  I mean, my 15 year old gear works just as well as the new stuff.  Well, everything but my irons.  After the latest stint having to use my old irons I remember why I upgraded to new irons last year.  I'm very happy with my PING G irons now.  Will be staying in the bag for many years to come.

Now, if I could just be satisfied and content with a putter....😮😁

• :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS

4 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Good Question!  Do you really want ME to go there...ha   Ok here's just off the top of my head, even though it's been greatly reduced. 

PING G400 irons, that I played very well with during the middle of the summer

Wilson FG Tour V6 irons, that are quite possibly the best looking irons I've ever owned, that I have played a few times this year and when struck solidly are almost a religious experience. 

PING G400 Max---Great driver nothing wrong with it in the least, just put the Bridgestone JGR driver in the bag for forum testing this summer and haven't been able to take it out.

Odyssey EXO #7 putter, has been very good and one of the better looking mallets I've had.  But right now, I'm playing around with the Odyssey Red Ball which has been fun.   

I'm thinking you need some 'golf club purchase therapy' 😁

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Scotty Cameron & Crown Newport 2.

I'll bring it out on occasion when I feel like my ER2 magic is slipping, but it's mostly a wall hanger and reminds me that I'm blessed to have the disposable income to afford leaving a $400 bill laying around. Also, makes me feel dumb for wasting it but while I got it, I'm spending it. One of those life's too short moments? Whatever excuse I need to tell myself 😅

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

I'd say every club I've previously bagged. I never go back once I make a change.

Kinda why they're not in my bag.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

3 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

I'm thinking you need some 'golf club purchase therapy' 😁

Are the Tour B XD drivers newer or older than the JGRs?  They look sweet!

Screenshot_20181115-193537_Chrome.jpg

:cobra-small:  Bio Cell 3/4w, :projectx: PXV 6.0s; AMP 3h 19deg Aldila RIP R.  Bio Cell 4h 22.5deg :projectx: PXV R. 

:titleist-small:          2021/22 T200 5-7, T100 8-P (bent 1deg strong), :projectx: LZ 5.5 

Previous forum tests:

2019: Golf Pride Tour Velvet Plus 4 grips, Lynx Black Cat 5-PW.    2020:  :skycaddie: LX5 Watch.    2021:  :1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact #3 Align putter

Are the Tour B XD drivers newer or older than the JGRs?  They look sweet!
Screenshot_20181115-193537_Chrome.thumb.jpg.1565a20be2f944fe336d765a59e4d9b8.jpg

They are older. I think they came out in late 2017. There was a JGR model two years ago. But it is not the same as the current JGR.

Bridgestone Tour B JGR Driver and HF2 irons Pre Release Testing

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Oooooo.  Pics anywhere?

Previous forum tests:

OMG!!! Do I really want to answer? Or to be honest how much time do you guys have and how much can you post in one of these comment sections? Now I will admit most of my stuff is classic clubs and I do not have as much money in them as you guys do in newer stuff. Working for a metal recycling company does not he;p either. Someone mentioned setting up a second bag. I am way past that. I have at least 6 different sets set up with clubs tees balls gloves etc ready to grab and go at any time, Come to think of it I have 3 complete sets ready to grab and go in the front bedroom. Hey if any spies fly down here and need clubs just ask grab and go that is if you like Macgregor or Hogan. But I do have at least 5 sets of "modern irons" or at least in my eyes none of them are newer than 2013. If one does not like what I have pre assembled well grab an empty bag ( I have plenty of those too) and start picking. I guess on MGS I am the resident club ho. 

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

5 hours ago, BIG STU said:

OMG!!! Do I really want to answer? Or to be honest how much time do you guys have and how much can you post in one of these comment sections? Now I will admit most of my stuff is classic clubs and I do not have as much money in them as you guys do in newer stuff. Working for a metal recycling company does not he;p either. Someone mentioned setting up a second bag. I am way past that. I have at least 6 different sets set up with clubs tees balls gloves etc ready to grab and go at any time, Come to think of it I have 3 complete sets ready to grab and go in the front bedroom. Hey if any spies fly down here and need clubs just ask grab and go that is if you like Macgregor or Hogan. But I do have at least 5 sets of "modern irons" or at least in my eyes none of them are newer than 2013. If one does not like what I have pre assembled well grab an empty bag ( I have plenty of those too) and start picking. I guess on MGS I am the resident club ho. 

Big Stu - you're my role model. I now officially have two bags. But unfortunately only one putter to share between the two. I keep going to Goodwill to see if there's anything more recent than the 30 yr old putter that's been sitting there for months. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

9 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

Big Stu - you're my role model. I now officially have two bags. But unfortunately only one putter to share between the two. I keep going to Goodwill to see if there's anything more recent than the 30 yr old putter that's been sitting there for months. 

30 year old putter?? Man that is just up my alley---  Got lots of stuff like that---- Out of all the putters I own I think the newest ones I have would be 3-- A Nike Method 003, A Yes! Dianna and a TM Rosa Daytona--- That rusty Scotty Santa Fe I game we have determined it is around a 1997 vintage----

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

I'm at this weird place where I have no extra clubs (minus a putter) and have no desire to replace anything...so can't really contribute to this thread haha.

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: 4.5LS

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth 9* w/ Aldila Red 60

Fairway: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* w/ Diamana 70

Fairway: :callaway-small: GBB Heavenwood 19* w/ Fujikura Pro 72

Irons: :taylormade-small: p790 4-PW w/ C-Taper Lite 110s

Wedge: :taylormade-small: MG3 50 & 54

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 60*

Putter: :taylormade-small: Spider X

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5 PIX

Well, let’s see......

Wilson Triton Driver...love it but the F9 is keeping it out.

Ben Hogan Ptx irons & Tk Wedges, just sitting in the corner at home waiting for the F9 irons to fail.

Scotty Cameron Kombi & Evnroll ER6 pushed out by the Cleveland HB Soft.

Thinking about playing them after my Thanksgiving break....hmmmmm, but I like the Cobras!

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Completely agree with the fly z+ and amp cell pro. Still have my fly z+ which makes a appearance ever so often. Sadly I sold my amp cell pro irons and really miss them. They were amazing... :(

As far as other clubs go I would say a few older Nike clubs. I really liked their gear and was safe to see them leave. I have two Nike putters and 3,5 wood that are sitting and may come back some day down the road!

What cool or favorite clubs do you have that you might not be currently gaming? 
Im sure most here have a small arsenal.  

Cobra Fly Z + driver in blue, stiff.
        I was loving this club but something happened, and i started spraying it everywhere.  Basically my swing has gone south.  I have more forgiving drivers.  But she is so pretty in blue pearl. And when center struck, booooom.

Cobra AMP Cell Pro 4-pw.  Same deal, my swing faults resulted in me sidelining these for more forgiving cb irons.  Omg butter feel when struck right.  Distance accuracy and flight control like crazy, just don't mishit, the heads are tiny, but they look so damn good!!!
Cobra Bio Cell 3/4w.  Sidelined it for my Snake Eyes 3w for now.  Pretty much just having 3w issues, not the clubs fault.  This one is also blue like the fly z, very sharp. 

TM 09 Burner 10.5deg.  I cut it down to like 43". Sidelined it for my Cobra ZL. Still a cool driver :). 

Wilson Triton.  R shaft.  Just picked this up for a hundo.  Still shrink wrapped :).

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

On 11/15/2018 at 11:00 AM, knightsofnii said:

All of them.

I can't even play golf anymore, but, except for a few broken ones,  I still have every club

that I've played since 1961.

• 1 month later...

My Wilson FG49 1 iron...

Played it for about 2 seasons before dropping it for a 17° hybrid... IMG_-39zvbj.jpeg

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

In The Bag:

:wilson-small: Cortex Driver - 9° - Fujikura Atmos Tour Spec Black 7 X-Flex Shaft - Golf Pride Tour Velvet 360 Grip
:wilson-small: Staff Model Blades - 3-PW - KBS C-Taper 130 X Flex Shafts - Golf Pride Tour Velvet 360 Grip
:wilson-small: PMP RAW Wedges - 50°, 54° & 58° - KBS C-Taper 130 X Flex Shafts - Golf Pride Tour Velvet 360 Grip
:odyssey-small: Tri-Hot #3 (2002) Putter - Super Stroke Flatso 2.0 Grip

:titelist-small: AVX Balls  +  :wilson-small: Exo Bag  +  :footjoy-small: shoes

On 11/21/2018 at 8:15 AM, Apolloshowl said:

Completely agree with the fly z+ and amp cell pro. Still have my fly z+ which makes a appearance ever so often. Sadly I sold my amp cell pro irons and really miss them. They were amazing... 😞

As far as other clubs go I would say a few older Nike clubs. I really liked their gear and was safe to see them leave. I have two Nike putters and 3,5 wood that are sitting and may come back some day down the road!

I always thought Nikes looked neat but never got any.  I do have Nike rain gloves!  😉

Glad someone agrees with me on AMP Cell Pros.  They're also very nice to look at.  I may get them refit/regripped.

I just won some C300s, I've heard good things about Wilson irons 🙂

Previous forum tests:

MB2 irons, DHY hybrid and a few hundred of the putters I have in the golf room.

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

• 5 weeks later...

My lefty Miura CB irons.  I absolutely love them but needed more height and forgiveness and the XR Pros play a full club longer for me right now.  I am thinking about trying a different shaft in the Miuras before they go away for good.  

• Driver:  Cobra LTDx Max
  • 5 wood, 7 wood:  Cobra Speedzone
  • 5 hybrid: Callaway Forged CB 24*
  • Irons: Sub 70 699 (6), 659MB Raw (7-PW)
  • Wedges: Sub70 286 50*, Edel 55*, 60*
  • Putter:  PXG Bat Attack

Hail Southern and no place else!!  

Archived