Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

2018 Official Forum Review-TrueGolfFit and Global Golf U-Try

Golfspy_CG2

We need a bump here!
I must say the C300 still seems to be lot easier to hit squarely. I don't think after about 150 shots I have had any, "Wow, that was really, really terrible shots."  I do think the increase in swing weight has helped me to not overswing. I am debating switching the weights on the sole to the draw setting because my fade seems to be getting a little bigger. 
Do my fellow testers have any new thoughts on their drivers and TGF?
Playing this Sunday, weather is going to be a whopping 52° after being in the low teens to mid 30's lately woohoo! Can't wait to finally get on the course.

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 shaft

FW Wood:   :cobra-small:  F9 wood 14.5* 

Hybrids:  :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3 Hybrid & :nike-small: Vapor Flex 4 hybrid  

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z565 - 7 thru PW & ZU85 - 5 thru 6 with Recoil ZT9 F4 shafts                                            

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: RTX4 52*, 56*, 60* 

Putter:  Scotty Cameron M2 Newport

Ball:  :Snell: Black & :titelist-small: Pro V1

Bag: 2018 MyGolfSpy stand Bag & 2021 Greenside Golf stand bag

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was coming to post today but just hadn’t had time.

I got to play today. Weather didn’t get above 50 until 18...so it was a cold, heavy, cloudy day. This was my first day on the course in 2.5 months and first with the Cobra F8+. I had the driver set to 9.5 deg draw, trying something new bc my miss is right. Warmed up well, hit a little heel cut down 1 and off we go. Long story short, I made 3 bad swings today with the driver. I know they were bad swings bc I felt them immediately. Sometimes I just get lazy swinging the club.

I’ll reinforce what I said in my stage 1. This driver spins less, which is exactly what I need. One of the bad swings was my typical big balloon right ball and although it was still bad, it didn’t go nearly as far right as normal.

12,13,14 i hit the ball really well but just hadn’t it going a little left so on 15 I set the face to neural and BOOM! Longest drive of the day. I hit it well on 17, 18 too.

What I’ve learned:
It spins less
It sits great
Good feel and is forgiving

What I haven’t learned:
Based on the weather it was hard to tell if my distance is consistent. My solid drives felt great and looked great, maybe a touch spinny
I’m still interested in getting a legitimate shaft fitting to make sure I’m maximizing the shaft/head option

Regardless, today was one of the better driving days in quite some time. Still about a B- but progress

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

<p>Knoxville, TN 8 Hdcp PXG 0811  10.59deg loft Ping G25 3 wood Titleist 2i rescue Ping I irons +1 upright Vokey Sm5 52, 56, OdysseyRed 2Ball Fang with 1.0 super stroke</p>

20 hours ago, GB13 said:

We need a bump here!

I must say the C300 still seems to be lot easier to hit squarely. I don't think after about 150 shots I have had any, "Wow, that was really, really terrible shots."  I do think the increase in swing weight has helped me to not overswing. I am debating switching the weights on the sole to the draw setting because my fade seems to be getting a little bigger. 

Do my fellow testers have any new thoughts on their drivers and TGF?

My goal is to go back and do another session at the PGA SS tomorrow with increasing the loft on my Ping to 11* and hitting the Srixon with Tensei Orange shaft.  I have a few other ideas to test and I will reveal those tomorrow when I post the results!

Driver: Callaway Rogue ST Max
3 Wood: Taylormade SIM
3 Utility Iron: Srixon U85
4i – 5i: Taylormade P790
6i – AW: Taylormade P770
SW: Taylormade MG3 TW Grind
LW: Taylormade Hi-Toe 3 Low Bounce
Putter: PXG Battle Ready One & Done

My goal is to go back and do another session at the PGA SS tomorrow with increasing the loft on my Ping to 11* and hitting the Srixon with Tensei Orange shaft.  I have a few other ideas to test and I will reveal those tomorrow when I post the results!
I hope one of them includes a digital reading of the face lofts

Sent from my Pixel 3 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

9 minutes ago, yungkory said:

I hope one of them includes a digital reading of the face lofts emoji41.png

Sent from my Pixel 3 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Unfortunately, I do not have the ability to test the actual lofts vs. the stated lofts.  I'm not sure of a place around me that I could go to have that test done. 

Good evening Spies!!  As promised, it is time to reveal my little surprise from my testing today, but before I do, I did break the 300 yard mark again during this session.  It was not with the surprise, but with the Srixon with the Tensei Orange shaft.

Club                    Ball Speed     Launch Angle     Backspin     Sidespin     Carry     Total
Srixon Z785 2       160.9                 16.4                  2189             -214          289.8    311.5

Now that you've waited long enough, time for the reveal....drum roll please...

I was able to get my hands on a Ping G400 LST.  With everything being compared to that driver this year, including the new Wilson Cortex, I wanted to do the same.  The G400 LST was set at 10* with my Tour 65X shaft thrown into it.  I have not been fitted for this club.  Here are the top drives with each driver, including my Ping set to 11.1*, and the averages of the top 5 drives.

Club                     Ball Speed     Launch Angle     Backspin     Sidespin     Carry     Total
Srixon Z785 2       160.9                 16.4                   2189            -214           289.8     311.5
Ping G400 LST        156                 14.5                    1511            -595           276.8     304.6
Ping G 11*             150.2                18.6                    1822            -214           275.8     298.2

1239151077_SrixonvsPingG400LSTvsPing112.jpg.00b02ca84b77a3f70b1f405a096789cb.jpg

The Srixon Z785 struggled to find a win in this session except in longest drive.  The G400 LST had amazing dispersion.  Much better than even my G LST.  I will say that increasing the loft on my Ping G LST to 11.1* did add extra distance.  However, having an average launch angle around 17* is too high for some of the wind conditions around here.  

The wife bought me some Callaway Steelhead x16 irons from Global Golf and all I can say is WOW. Bought in “used” condition and they are so close to new it’s unreal. The faces and grooves are in awesome condition and the grips looked brand new.

SFT. 

SEE IT. FEEL IT. TRUST IT. 

I was able to get out for 9 holes yesterday being that most county courses around me were closed due to flooding.

Taylormade M3 @ 9° with Tensei White 67 gram stiff shaft - both weights positioned all the way in the front (lower trajectory) - Still getting used to the heavier shaft and smaller profile. Had some nice drives yesterday into the wind, I think with heavier profile it is allowing my swing to be more stable, therefore being more consistent with better contact. The only thing is the fade shots are more frequent than before with this driver even if I put it in the draw setting.

More experimenting...hopefully the weather turns out better next week.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

WITB:

Hybrids:  :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3 Hybrid & :nike-small: Vapor Flex 4 hybrid  

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z565 - 7 thru PW & ZU85 - 5 thru 6 with Recoil ZT9 F4 shafts                                            

Looking forward to how the kid hits the Wilson, compared to his old driver...

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

19 minutes ago, Sluggo42 said:

Looking forward to how the kid hits the Wilson, compared to his old driver...

I am going to take a page out of your playbook and say... It's good. 😉

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

Question for all my fellow testers...with Global Golf's U Try program, how do you feel about the 2 week time frame to decide if you would want to keep the club?

33 minutes ago, goaliewales14 said:

Question for all my fellow testers...with Global Golf's U Try program, how do you feel about the 2 week time frame to decide if you would want to keep the club?

Great question! I'd say for me who plays 3-4 rounds a week, it is plenty of time, the club was tested in on course situations and used on the range for 2 weeks. I got a great idea of the performance in 2 weeks. 

If you only play 1 round each week, it might be cutting it a little close. For me, 2 uses of a club is not enough to make a final judgement. I think, if you could, I would order the club just before when you have some time off or have a few rounds scheduled. 

I think having the option of extending the to trial 3 weeks for an extra $10 would be a great option. It would give ALL consumers a chance to adequately evaluate the club and give Global Golf a chance to make a little more money off each trial. 

Great question! I'd say for me who plays 3-4 rounds a week, it is plenty of time, the club was tested in on course situations and used on the range for 2 weeks. I got a great idea of the performance in 2 weeks. 
If you only play 1 round each week, it might be cutting it a little close. I don't think 2 uses of a club is enough to make a final judgement. I think, if you could, I would order the club just before when you have some time off or have a few rounds scheduled. 
I think having the option of extending the to trial 3 weeks for an extra $10 would be a great option for Global Golf. It would give ALL consumers a chance to adequately evaluate the club and give Global Golf a chance to make a little more money off each trial. 

I agree with you. A 2 week window is cutting it close for a great number of amateurs and weekend warriors. I would think an extra week shouldn’t be a huge problem.
Looking forward to everyones Stage 2’s.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

If you only play 1 round each week, it might be cutting it a little close. For me, 2 uses of a club is not enough to make a final judgement. I think, if you could, I would order the club just before when you have some time off or have a few rounds scheduled. 
I think having the option of extending the to trial 3 weeks for an extra $10 would be a great option. It would give ALL consumers a chance to adequately evaluate the club and give Global Golf a chance to make a little more money off each trial. 

This is a nice idea. For me it felt like as soon as I got the club I was getting emails that my trial was about to expire so it felt really short.

However, I have to look at this like a consumer. For us testers we obviously started this process in October/November. Knowing my golf season it wouldn’t be very wise for me to order a club with a trial period in winter. I would obviously be more interested in spring and summer and while I was very excited to use it the weather didn’t cooperate a ton. I got a windy cool day to hit the range and a frozen greens day to play lol

So while I feel like 2 weeks wasn’t enough, if I was ordering this on my dime and would’ve been more anxious to get out immediately and would’ve ordered during golf season and when I knew I was playing and probably felt like 2 was plenty.

They shipped it very quickly and I got my club in about two days which is great for planning. That would’ve easily allowed me to schedule a couple rounds/range sessions during the trial

I said all that to say this, I think 2 weeks is probably fine. An extra charge would be a great idea to keep for an extra week or so.

**by no means am I complaining about the time we are going through this lol. Just trying to show difference if I were a consumer versus a tester of when global gave us this opportunity!

<p>Knoxville, TN 8 Hdcp PXG 0811  10.59deg loft Ping G25 3 wood Titleist 2i rescue Ping I irons +1 upright Vokey Sm5 52, 56, OdysseyRed 2Ball Fang with 1.0 super stroke</p>

This is a nice idea. For me it felt like as soon as I got the club I was getting emails that my trial was about to expire so it felt really short.

However, I have to look at this like a consumer. For us testers we obviously started this process in October/November. Knowing my golf season it wouldn’t be very wise for me to order a club with a trial period in winter. I would obviously be more interested in spring and summer and while I was very excited to use it the weather didn’t cooperate a ton. I got a windy cool day to hit the range and a frozen greens day to play lol

So while I feel like 2 weeks wasn’t enough, if I was ordering this on my dime and would’ve been more anxious to get out immediately and would’ve ordered during golf season and when I knew I was playing and probably felt like 2 was plenty.

They shipped it very quickly and I got my club in about two days which is great for planning. That would’ve easily allowed me to schedule a couple rounds/range sessions during the trial

I said all that to say this, I think 2 weeks is probably fine. An extra charge would be a great idea to keep for an extra week or so.

**by no means am I complaining about the time we are going through this lol. Just trying to show difference if I were a consumer versus a tester of when global gave us this opportunity!

Exactly how I feel, well said Eseay32 Living in Northern NJ, as a weekend golfer, I would definitely wait until spring or later so I would have enough time with the driver.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

WITB:

Bump! We haven't had much activity in here lately. 😥

I have had a few more LM sessions with the C300 and my previous results are holding up well. I'm consistently seeing a large spin drop ~ 1200rpm and a decent ball speed increase ~ 4-5 mph. All of the numbers are resulting in about a 25 yard distance gain and due to the drop in spin, a smaller dispersion circle ~10%. I can't say enough about TGF and the improvment it has made in my game. 

One complaint I have about the C300, is the feel on any mishit. If you center it, it feels as good and smooth as any driver on the market. If you miss by even a little bit, the feel becomes really harsh and feels like I hit a rock with a piece of rebar. The performance doesn't suffer as much as it feels like it should. The C300 is very forgiving even though it has the lowest MOI of any driver on the market. Wilson says the Power Holes (insert your favorite joke about Power Holes here) help speed up off center hits. So far, I tend to agree with them. Ballspeed reduction seems to be minimal on small mishits. As of right now, the C300 seems to be performing above and beyond my expectations.  

If if anyone has any questions, we have the green light to answer! We aren't holding anything back for Stage 2's, so ask away!

13 hours ago, GB13 said:

Bump! We haven't had much activity in here lately. 😥

I have had a few more LM sessions with the C300 and my previous results are holding up well. I'm consistently seeing a large spin drop ~ 1200rpm and a decent ball speed increase ~ 4-5 mph. All of the numbers are resulting in about a 25 yard distance gain and due to the drop in spin, a smaller dispersion circle ~10%. I can't say enough about TGF and the improvment it has made in my game. 

One complaint I have about the C300, is the feel on any mishit. If you center it, it feels as good and smooth as any driver on the market. If you miss by even a little bit, the feel becomes really harsh and feels like I hit a rock with a piece of rebar. The performance doesn't suffer as much as it feels like it should. The C300 is very forgiving even though it has the lowest MOI of any driver on the market. Wilson says the Power Holes (insert your favorite joke about Power Holes here) help speed up off center hits. So far, I tend to agree with them. Ballspeed reduction seems to be minimal on small mishits. As of right now, the C300 seems to be performing above and beyond my expectations.  

If if anyone has any questions, we have the green light to answer! We aren't holding anything back for Stage 2's, so ask away!

Having hit it at the PGA Show last January, I'm very familiar with that mishit...and the following results..🙄

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

My Stage 2 is up!  Let me know if you have any questions!

Bump! We haven't had much activity in here lately.

The C300 definitely is a low spin option. For me I like feeling of knowing that I missed it. It’s always great when your partners say, “ Nice drive!” and you know full well that you completely missed it, but the results are still long and in the fairway.

:wilson_staff_small:  Cortex w/MGS Motore X F1 7X tipped 1"

:wilson_staff_small: F5 17 degree hybrid w/Rogue Black 85X

:wilson_staff_small:C300 Forged 3-5 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V6 5-6 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: Staff Model Blade 7-PW w/C-Taper 130X

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52, 56, 60 w/S400 Tour Issue

:EVNROLL: ER7

16 hours ago, goaliewales14 said:

My Stage 2 is up!  Let me know if you have any questions!

Very good review of the club and the whole process G.   Love the data and videos in your stage 2, man you sure do put a hurting on a ball.  That's quite a powerful swing.   

So I know you tried this testing to find "the" driver and it didn't work out in this case, and your're G LST is a few models old.   Any thoughts on trying other new drivers in 2019?  Which ones might be on your radar?

16 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Very good review of the club and the whole process G.   Love the data and videos in your stage 2, man you sure do put a hurting on a ball.  That's quite a powerful swing.   

So I know you tried this testing to find "the" driver and it didn't work out in this case, and your're G LST is a few models old.   Any thoughts on trying other new drivers in 2019?  Which ones might be on your radar?

Thanks CG2!  Right now I have my eye on 2 different drivers, TS2 and G400 LST.  Believe it or not, I did hit the TS2 during this time frame, but I felt it was an unfair comparison to throw in since the TS2 was not in the TGF database.  The TS2 actually beat the G400 LST head-to-head for me.  Average ball speed around 160 mph with average CARRY of 285!  We were using trackman and you could lay a dime over all 5 of my hits.  I'm trying to take Tony's advice and wait until March, but it's so hard!

Bump! My stage 2 is up!

Thanks again to MGS for this opportunity, and for giving us a place where we can give honest reviews! 

If y'all have any questions, let me know and I'll do my best to answer them. 

Bump! My stage 2 is up!
Thanks again to MGS for this opportunity, and for giving us a place where we can give honest reviews! 
If y'all have any questions, let me know and I'll do my best to answer them. 

Great job on the review.

Congrats on finding such great improvement. That red Is easier to take when you're 15 to 20 yards further down the fairway.

A true testament to TrueGolfFit

12 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Great job on the review.

Congrats on finding such great improvement. That red Is easier to take when you're 15 to 20 yards further down the fairway.

Ha! TrueGolfFit certainly worked really well for me. I doubt I could find a better driver through a traditional fitting. 

And, yes, the red doesn't bother me when I'm hitting 7 iron into greens I used to hit 5 iron into. 😄

My Stage 2 is up!  Let me know if you have any questions!!!

Great stuff Eseay. I know the feeling left wanting for more good weather to try it more. That's how I feel right now with my 585 irons.

1 hour ago, Eseay32 said:

Great job! I'm glad to see that TGF worked for you. 

If you went for a traditional fitting, do you think you'd get a F8+ with a different shaft or a different head entirely? 

Tester s

Thanks for the reviews. I enjoyed reading them.

What's in my Mizuno BR-D2 bag

OFFICIAL TESTER FOR THE PING i500 CLUBS.

Currently playing Ping i500 w/ Alta CB graphite shafts 

:mizuno-small: MP 25 - fitted w/ Project X shafts - stiff

:titelist-small: 60  / 56  :mizuno-small: 52

:titelist-small: 910 D2 driver - 9.5 degree -fitted13   F 3 wood 13.5 deg   :nike-small: CPR 3 hybrid

:nike-small: Method mallet

Dexterity:

I shoot left-handed so no one can ask me "Hey, can I try that club?" 

Twitter @GolfingHat      Instagram  @Mizunostixgolfnut

On 12/14/2018 at 6:59 PM, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Great job on the review.

That red definitely is "in your face".

As Mizuno has gone away with the blue, I think it might be a trend going to simple proven Grey's or blacks.

What's in my Mizuno BR-D2 bag

OFFICIAL TESTER FOR THE PING i500 CLUBS.

Currently playing Ping i500 w/ Alta CB graphite shafts 

:mizuno-small: MP 25 - fitted w/ Project X shafts - stiff

:titelist-small: 60  / 56  :mizuno-small: 52

:titelist-small: 910 D2 driver - 9.5 degree -fitted13   F 3 wood 13.5 deg   :nike-small: CPR 3 hybrid

:nike-small: Method mallet

Dexterity:

I shoot left-handed so no one can ask me "Hey, can I try that club?" 

Twitter @GolfingHat      Instagram  @Mizunostixgolfnut

Archived