TESTERS WANTED! ×

2018 Official Forum Review-TrueGolfFit and Global Golf U-Try

Golfspy_CG2

I am the same as you with Callaway drivers,  but I came away very impressed with the Sub Zero after hitting it during this years testing.  Light years better than the rogue in my opinion.  Although the Srixon was my Most Wanted winner this year,  I would still give the Callaway a try to see if I could dial it in for optimal numbers

Srixon was my number 2 but there was no yardage gain only accuracy. I’m not dropping 500 on an extra fairway every other round (if that) I will at the 4 yard mark - that’s close to half a stroke per round. Assuming it’s a reasonably accurate and consistent 4 yards. If I’m reading the data correctly the Epic Flash Sub Zero should get me close to 6 yards over my Ping.

I know a place where I can get a reasonable fitting and walk out with that driver - someone gave me a $200 visa gift card - that plus my current driver should get me out the door for around $200 - assuming the numbers pan out.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I took true golf fit for a spin last night - the results were interesting - Epic Flash Sub Zero -

It’s interesting because I’ve never had success with a Callaway driver before but it’s also been a long time since I’ve tried one.

I am also curious as to how many years worth of driver results are currently in. I really like getting the shaft recommendation as well given that my top choice has a number of shaft options that come “stock.” I didn’t get the loft though. That’s a bit disturbing. It seems to me that the sub zero has its CG forward to kill spin so I need to loft up.

If I decide to pull the trigger on one (I’m leaning yes) I will go to my fitter and see what he recommends in regards to loft and settings. I have an iron fitting at this week’s Ping demo day. No intention of pulling the trigger and irons yet, just want to find my new normal with my increased club head speed. More than likely going sub 70 there as spending a lot of money on irons is crazy - Getting the right iron type is what matters - who cares about the brand. Drivers (and putters) on the other hand vary much more because of design theory differences and the ability to build in more technology.

I’d love to know if last years drivers are still in the system. I would think that it would be worth while to have three years worth of drivers loaded in.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

That was definitely one of my concerns as well (loft, weight settings if applicable and shaft recommendations with flex) TGF just showed a stock 9 degrees driver so I didn't know if that was my true recommendation or just a stock image. Never in my wildest dreams did I think to play a driver at 9 degrees (Taylormade M3) plus with a much heavier shaft, but in the end to my surprise I ended up bagging it, I did notice that I was definitely fading it more, so it is a work still in progress.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 shaft

FW Wood:   :cobra-small:  F9 wood 14.5* 

Hybrids:  :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3 Hybrid & :nike-small: Vapor Flex 4 hybrid  

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z565 - 7 thru PW & ZU85 - 5 thru 6 with Recoil ZT9 F4 shafts                                            

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: RTX4 52*, 56*, 60* 

Putter:  Scotty Cameron M2 Newport

Ball:  :Snell: Black & :titelist-small: Pro V1

Bag: 2018 MyGolfSpy stand Bag & 2021 Greenside Golf stand bag

• 3 weeks later...

Just a quick update now that spring is *slowly* starting. Still loving the C300. After a few range sessions, I lofted up from 9° to 10°, and it made a HUGE difference. After lofting up, I was averaging 280+ off the tee and I even hit a 325 yard BOMB on a 400 yard par 4. We won't mention that I proceeded to miss the green... 😬, we'll just focus on the drive. 

I'll post another update in a month or so, after I get 10 or so more rounds under my belt. 

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock