Golfspy_CG2

2018 Official Forum Review-TrueGolfFit and Global Golf U-Try

Good conversation in here. Love reading about the results.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

Still trying to get in some good rounds, but thanks to Winter Storm Avery courses have been closed. Crossing my fingers and hoping to get out this coming Sunday and will be trying to make it down to my local PGASS to get some numbers. I've only had one round under my belt with the TM M3 and I'm trying to get use to the heavier weighted shaft of +10 grams. The M3 overall just feels that much heavier than my M2. During my testing, I'll try to use my M2 shaft in the M3 and see if there are any differences as well.

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, 808nation said:

Still trying to get in some good rounds, but thanks to Winter Storm Avery courses have been closed. Crossing my fingers and hoping to get out this coming Sunday and will be trying to make it down to my local PGASS to get some numbers. I've only had one round under my belt with the TM M3 and I'm trying to get use to the heavier weighted shaft of +10 grams. The M3 overall just feels that much heavier than my M2. During my testing, I'll try to use my M2 shaft in the M3 and see if there are any differences as well.

Can you visually notice that the head is smaller? 

Wow what great stage 1's. Has any of you been totally disappointed in the what they have been able to get from the "recommended" club so far?  I know @Eseay32 had issues with the Shaft how did the rest of you fair in this regards, as far as getting what you ordered? 

@Eseay32 the F8 + is an amazing driver after getting to test it all summer it was simply outstanding.. I two was playing a G30 Mine was the LST. the F8+ destroyed it for distance and consistency.. 

• Like 2

Wow what great stage 1's. Has any of you been totally disappointed in the what they have been able to get from the "recommended" club so far?  I know [mention=63005]Eseay32[/mention] had issues with the Shaft how did the rest of you fair in this regards, as far as getting what you ordered? 

[mention=63005]Eseay32[/mention] the F8 + is an amazing driver after getting to test it all summer it was simply outstanding.. I two was playing a G30 Mine was the LST. the F8+ destroyed it for distance and consistency.. 

I hope that’s the same case for me. I’ve struggled for a long time with the driver but it’s definitely the “Indian and not the arrow” situation. Unfortunately I haven’t got to hit a single ball with it and I’m dying to. The weather has been just terrible for weeks

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Reesedw said:

Wow what great stage 1's. Has any of you been totally disappointed in the what they have been able to get from the "recommended" club so far?  I know @Eseay32 had issues with the Shaft how did the rest of you fair in this regards, as far as getting what you ordered? 

@Eseay32 the F8 + is an amazing driver after getting to test it all summer it was simply outstanding.. I two was playing a G30 Mine was the LST. the F8+ destroyed it for distance and consistency.. 

I got exactly what I ordered with one small caveat. I ordered the 9° head with the Fujikura Speeder Pro 58 stiff. That is what I received. If I had unlimited shaft options, I would have gotten an extra stiff, but since stiff or senior was all Global Golf had, I went with the stiff. 

• Like 1

Can you visually notice that the head is smaller? 
Yes, from front to back and the face seems deeper, but smaller toe to heel. Overall more rounded look on all sides I would say.

• Like 1

Happy Sunday everyone!  I went out to do a little more testing at my local PGA Superstore.  I wanted to be able to provide data better data behind my shots.  I really like that they allow you to email yourself the launch monitor numbers from your session!  

Looking at the data, it was interesting to see how close these drivers were.  Below I first put in the top drives with each club, and then I added a chart showing the averages of the top 5 drives with each driver. 
Club                  Ball Speed     Launch Angle     Backspin     Sidespin     Carry     Total
Srixon Z785       154.3                 16.5                   2215            -147          275.4    297.4
Ping G LST         156.2                 13.3                   2214            -622          270.3    291.1

1826819126_SrixonvsPing.jpg.3a5a3f32029c29c51d5604dce638687f.jpg
The numbers show how close these drivers are when they are struck well.  The Z785 was producing slightly more ball speed and ultimately was a few yards further.  The story that the data does not tell is that it took close to 20 swings to get the top 5 drives my the Srixon compared to the 8 it took for the Ping.  The Ping so much more consistent than the Srixon.  The next round of launch monitor testing, I want to see if I cannot find a stiffer shaft to see if that might help.

Looks like the Ping getting 2mph more ball speed just needs a little more launch to beat the Srixon. Loft it up .6????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I was finally able to get a halfway decent day today although the wind was really up. I warmed up about as quick as I ever have so I could get straight to the F8+. First swing...BAM! Straight and loooong. Let me preface by saying I am a range savant. I’d be top 10 in the world if there was a PGA tour for range golf. I hit quite a few balls just to get used to it not really comparing it to my Ping.

With no data whatsoever to back me up I will say I felt like I noticed a couple things:
A much tighter dispersion, more accuracy than normal.
Lower launch
Less spin

Those are things I felt were happening. There were quite a few shots that I felt with the left to right wind that were able to not spin with the wind and sort of fought against it. I tend to fade the tee ball.

I’m hoping to play Friday and if so, I can fire up the Arcoss that came with it and really get some data

• Like 7

17 hours ago, Reesedw said:

I am definitely not disappointed with the Srixon driver.  The numbers definitely have potential, but I need to dial in the consistency a bit.   Hopefully that comes with practice.  The only thing I will say is echoing what my fellow testers have said in that I wish there were more shaft options from Global Golf.  With that being said.....drum roll please...

Club                   Ball Speed     Launch Angle     Backspin     Sidespin     Carry       Total
Srixon 785 2           159                 13.7                  2319               48           280.8      302.4

I hit the 300 yard mark with the Srixon driver!!  You will note that the name of the club is Srixon 785 2.  The reason is while I was testing again at the PGA SS, I asked a sales associate there if they happened to have any other shaft options for this driver.  She went back to look and came back with a Srixon Z785 9.5* driver, but with a Tensei CK Pro Orange 70 stiff shaft.  I did drop the loft down to 8.5* like the other Srixon driver.  The dispersion was much better, but it still could not compete with the Ping in that category.

Like last time, here are the top drives with each of the 3 drivers and the averages of the top 5.  As you can see the drivers remain super close in numbers.  It seems like it is all coming down to consistency.

Club  Ball Speed  Launch Angle  Backspin       Sidespin       Carry        Total
Srixon 785 2 159 13.7 2319 48 280.8 302.4
Ping G LST 158.7 11.1 2382 -454 271.2 292.1
Srixon Z785 152.6 15.6 2220 -143 270.6 291.8

Srixon vs Srixon vs Ping.jpg

• Like 2

1 minute ago, goaliewales14 said:

I am definitely not disappointed with the Srixon driver.  The numbers definitely have potential, but I need to dial in the consistency a bit.   Hopefully that comes with practice.  The only thing I will say is echoing what my fellow testers have said in that I wish there were more shaft options from Global Golf.  With that being said.....drum roll please...

Club                   Ball Speed     Launch Angle     Backspin     Sidespin     Carry       Total
Srixon 785 2           159                 13.7                  2319               48           280.8      302.4

I hit the 300 yard mark with the Srixon driver!!  You will note that the name of the club is Srixon 785 2.  The reason is while I was testing again at the PGA SS, I asked a sales associate there if they happened to have any other shaft options for this driver.  She went back to look and came back with a Srixon Z785 9.5* driver, but with a Tensei CK Pro Orange 70 stiff shaft.  I did drop the loft down to 8.5* like the other Srixon driver.  The dispersion was much better, but it still could not compete with the Ping in that category.

Like last time, here are the top drives with each of the 3 drivers and the averages of the top 5.  As you can see the drivers remain super close in numbers.  It seems like it is all coming down to consistency.

Club  Ball Speed  Launch Angle  Backspin       Sidespin       Carry        Total
Srixon 785 2 159 13.7 2319 48 280.8 302.4
Ping G LST 158.7 11.1 2382 -454 271.2 292.1
Srixon Z785 152.6 15.6 2220 -143 270.6 291.8

Srixon vs Srixon vs Ping.jpg

Just curious but did you try lifting up the PING because the ball speed is there but the launch just isn't high enough. I think if you could get the launch right, it could compete with the Srixon and still have better dispersion. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, GB13 said:

Just curious but did you try lifting up the PING because the ball speed is there but the launch just isn't high enough. I think if you could get the launch right, it could compete with the Srixon and still have better dispersion. 

I didn't on this test, but I will in the next one to see what happens.  Crazy to think of using an 11* driver with a 109 mph swing speed!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, goaliewales14 said:

I didn't on this test, but I will in the next one to see what happens.  Crazy to think of using an 11* driver with a 109 mph swing speed!

I'm not being rude here, but... Why?
At the end of the day, all we're all trying to do is get completely optimal numbers. Swing speed and driver loft are not directly related, there are only causal effects of one on the other.
If we have a completely consistent and otherwise good swing then the only reason for wanting a lower loft is, essentially, machismo.

That said, I'm only saying that for theory alone, one thing you (are almost certainly aware you) need to watch out for is that your spin numbers are pretty good with the loft you have, upping the loft may increase the launch but also start to over-spin the ball.
Tried teeing it just slightly higher with the Ping?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Jon Brittan said:

I'm not being rude here, but... Why?
At the end of the day, all we're all trying to do is get completely optimal numbers. Swing speed and driver loft are not directly related, there are only causal effects of one on the other.
If we have a completely consistent and otherwise good swing then the only reason for wanting a lower loft is, essentially, machismo.

That said, I'm only saying that for theory alone, one thing you (are almost certainly aware you) need to watch out for is that your spin numbers are pretty good with the loft you have, upping the loft may increase the launch but also start to over-spin the ball.
Tried teeing it just slightly higher with the Ping?

You're not being rude at all!  The part that's crazy, and I love, to me is just the differences in the technology of the drivers.  The Srixon I have set at 8.5* and the Ping will be at 11.1*.  That's 2.6 degrees of difference to produce roughly the same numbers.

Your comment regarding watching spin is exactly why I currently have the Ping set at 10.5*.  I typically strike the ball out just north of center to help with lowering the spin while providing a little extra launch.  I have had my Ping at 11.5* before, but never had any numbers on it.  I was just reading the ball flight, and that's why I dropped it back to 10.5*.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, GB13 said:

C300- 109 clubhead speed, 158 ball speed, 12.5 Launch Angle, 2130 RPM backspin, 276 carry and 284 total. (I set it to soft fairways to closely mimic what I play on.)

Aeroburner- 108 clubhead speed, 154 ball speed, 16° launch angle, 3420 RPM backspin, 254 carry, 258 total. 

Look at the difference in those spin numbers!!

• Like 1

Great start guys, looking forward to the Stage 2 results

• Like 4

6 hours ago, goaliewales14 said:

You're not being rude at all!  The part that's crazy, and I love, to me is just the differences in the technology of the drivers.  The Srixon I have set at 8.5* and the Ping will be at 11.1*.  That's 2.6 degrees of difference to produce roughly the same numbers.

Your comment regarding watching spin is exactly why I currently have the Ping set at 10.5*.  I typically strike the ball out just north of center to help with lowering the spin while providing a little extra launch.  I have had my Ping at 11.5* before, but never had any numbers on it.  I was just reading the ball flight, and that's why I dropped it back to 10.5*.  

It would be interesting to get the drivers on a digital loft measuring device to see what they're truly playing at. I have a suspicion that my G400 Max is less than the stated loft because my peak heights during my demo day fitting are very different from what I see on the course. It's hard for me without any controllable variables, but you might be able to test it better since you're indoors at PGASS

• Like 3

Wow what great stage 1's. Has any of you been totally disappointed in the what they have been able to get from the "recommended" club so far?  I know [mention=63005]Eseay32[/mention] had issues with the Shaft how did the rest of you fair in this regards, as far as getting what you ordered? 

[mention=63005]Eseay32[/mention] the F8 + is an amazing driver after getting to test it all summer it was simply outstanding.. I two was playing a G30 Mine was the LST. the F8+ destroyed it for distance and consistency.. 
I have yet to really put a good round or time in the simulator to be disappointed at all. But from what I have been able to gather, I am unsure if this is the right shaft for me. I usually play a stiff in the mid 50's range and this Tensei White at 67 grams may be a tad heavy for me. I am spraying my shots to the right more than I normally do. This was all Global Golf had at the time. I'm gonna try and switch out shafts from my M2 to the M3 and see if it's any better.

Weather is looking good so far for this Sunday

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

We need a bump here!

I must say the C300 still seems to be lot easier to hit squarely. I don't think after about 150 shots I have had any, "Wow, that was really, really terrible shots."  I do think the increase in swing weight has helped me to not overswing. I am debating switching the weights on the sole to the draw setting because my fade seems to be getting a little bigger. 

Do my fellow testers have any new thoughts on their drivers and TGF?

• Like 1