TESTERS WANTED! ×

Putter cover photo thread

Moecat

• SPY VIP

Top-Secret headcovers huh? Didn't know those existed. Looks like an AM&E with embroidery done separately or maybe an old Belding style. Since Bettinardi owns the patent on theirs now.

I really can't say where I got it. Just that I'm happy and lucky to have it.

#TruthDigest

Top-Secret headcovers huh? Didn't know those existed. Looks like an AM&E with embroidery done separately or maybe an old Belding style. Since Bettinardi owns the patent on theirs now.

Definitely not made with a "blank" AM&E cover. It was done locally - not in my locale, but in the contiguous US - by someone I've never met but obviously who has a good degree of skill.

• SPY VIP

He did a good job...believe it or not they are harder to make then meets the eye. Most local places don't want to mess with them.

Definitely not made with a "blank" AM&E cover. It was done locally - not in my locale, but in the contiguous US - by someone I've never met but obviously who has a good degree of skill.

#TruthDigest

My all time favorite headcover is the 2009 U.S. Open Scotty cover that looks like a fighter plane. I'd show you a picture of it, but some tool stole it from my bag. :angry:

Fortunately he/she left the putter behind. I guess it could have been worse...

Callaway FT-9 Driver 10.5* Grafalloy Prolaunch Axis Blue

Callaway FT-9 Driver 9.0* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum

Cobra Baffler Rail F Fairway 15.5* Fujikura Motore

Wilson FYbrid 19* UST Proforce AXIV Core

Cobra Baffler Rail H Hybrid 22* Fujikura Motore

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Ping Tour-W 56*,60* DG Spinner

Ping Redwood ZB Putter, WRX Starshot, 35"

Here are mine

DSCF0101.jpg

PING: Rapture V1 9° Aldila VS Proto 'By You' (65 Stiff)

TITLEIST: 906F4 15.5° Aldila VS Proto 'By You' (80 Stiff)

COBRA: 5w Speed LD F/ST Tour AD YS Designed by Graphite Design made for Cobra Stiff

PING: S59 Rifle 6.5 Soft stepped

PING: Tour 48°, 52°, 58°

Byron SS Custom 006

Titelist Pro V 1

Ping hoofer Vantage

"Everyday you miss practicing, it will take you one day longer to get good." -Ben Hogan

Sally is a sexy girl. And thanks.

PING: Rapture V1 9° Aldila VS Proto 'By You' (65 Stiff)

TITLEIST: 906F4 15.5° Aldila VS Proto 'By You' (80 Stiff)

COBRA: 5w Speed LD F/ST Tour AD YS Designed by Graphite Design made for Cobra Stiff

PING: S59 Rifle 6.5 Soft stepped

PING: Tour 48°, 52°, 58°

Byron SS Custom 006

Titelist Pro V 1

Ping hoofer Vantage

"Everyday you miss practicing, it will take you one day longer to get good." -Ben Hogan

Got this from a good friend over the winter:

2009 PGA Modern Super Fly

For the major held in the land of 10,000 lakes, we give you the Modern Super Fly headcover. Of course Scotty ties his own flies! In the spirit of the great outdoors and for sportsmen who mix their fun in the field with fishing in the stream, Scotty designed a bright and bold fly-fishing-themed headcover he calls Modern Super Fly. Scotty released 1,004 of this embroidered design, throwing a 1 of 1 hand-painted prototype into the mix at random.

09pgablackfly_hc.jpg

Posted Image

• SPY VIP

Got this from a good friend over the winter:

2009 PGA Modern Super Fly

For the major held in the land of 10,000 lakes, we give you the Modern Super Fly headcover. Of course Scotty ties his own flies! In the spirit of the great outdoors and for sportsmen who mix their fun in the field with fishing in the stream, Scotty designed a bright and bold fly-fishing-themed headcover he calls Modern Super Fly. Scotty released 1,004 of this embroidered design, throwing a 1 of 1 hand-painted prototype into the mix at random.

That cover had such a cool story with the random 1 of 1 hand painted cover that Scotty sent out. Sale on eBay for 10K.

I am always glad to see a cool Cameron cover gamed rather than stored in a box as an investment.

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

That cover had such a cool story with the random 1 of 1 hand painted cover that Scotty sent out. Sale on eBay for 10K.

I am always glad to see a cool Cameron cover gamed rather than stored in a box as an investment.

10K? For a headcover?? I am a Scotty fan, but the world has gone completely mad..

Callaway FT-9 Driver 10.5* Grafalloy Prolaunch Axis Blue

Callaway FT-9 Driver 9.0* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum

Cobra Baffler Rail F Fairway 15.5* Fujikura Motore

Wilson FYbrid 19* UST Proforce AXIV Core

Cobra Baffler Rail H Hybrid 22* Fujikura Motore

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Ping Tour-W 56*,60* DG Spinner

Ping Redwood ZB Putter, WRX Starshot, 35"

Captain Morgan's head Cover...the Best EVER!!!

The Capt. Morgan is a great cover, but I'm partial to the "Toes on the Nose" design. And then there's the new Sally design, which is coming on my new stick, I'll be interested if that can grab the top spot.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

• SPY VIP

The Capt. Morgan is a great cover, but I'm partial to the "Toes on the Nose" design. And then there's the new Sally design, which is coming on my new stick, I'll be interested if that can grab the top spot.

What color do you have coming? I will post my blue Sally Palms when it arrives.

Volvo Intorqueo

• SPY VIP

My Sally cover will be black. Much as I like white covers, I fear that they will get dirty and look shabby, so I stick to black.

Sactown: I did bump that thread, still waiting on a response.

I may have bumped your bump too. :)

I almost went black, but the blue will match the grip and paintfill. I have a black toes that I can revive in the spirit of matching the golf bag too.

Volvo Intorqueo

Here is a quick pic of a few that remain in my small collection:

2010_03100001.jpg

Cameron guys might recognize the Colorado Springs putter as one of the "FOV" covers from a few years back. Vog and I have a friendship that has lasted over many, many putter discussions and carried on for 13+ years. That cover has a permanent home.

The Club Byron and Slighter Club covers were from two of my biggest heros in the putter game. Both have been incredibly supportive to me and they are two of the nicest guys in the game. Both covers were from their first year with a "fan club".

The Sunset Beach cover was from our first run of covers and is the only one of this model that never went out the door. Not sure how it wound up not covering up one of our customs, but I saw it on the way to take this picture and figured it is a big part of my work, so it came along.

The nylon "MannKrafted" cover was hand-decorated as a substitute while my first run of "real" covers were being stitched, here in AZ at AM&E. Sad part? The only one of that original run that remains within reach is on a customer's putter and I may not get it back, LOL. I am replacing it with the bold, new MannKrafted logo that is on the white ultra-leather cover, but the guy doesn't seem too excited to give that old one up. May have to have another run done of my original Retro Oval logo and offer them up......

Well, sorry for the long description, but each cover has a short story and I am glad I had the opportunity to share.

Thanks,

LaMont in AZ

MannKrafted GolfWorks

SSB's Custom Garage Guy

Archived