TESTERS WANTED! ×

Another black putter with a twist

So I finally found a blade styled anser/ Newport putter that suits me well and it's the evnroll er 1.2 ,I played it one round and I just seemed to make more Birdie's with it than anything I had 3 Birdie's that were over 10 feet ,one was 20 that I usually miss or come close but then i made many par putts within that dreaded 5 ft range, now to my quest to make it black lol I played two rounds before u sent it off,lol

So I've always gravitated towards the black putters at the stores, they just look better to my eye but the evnroll didn't come in black so being a I go all in guy I had to find a black finish that would not change the feel and last and not wear off, something like that cobra forged black dbm finish

So I looked into black oxide, torching, Caswell blackener and they all have something I did not like about them whether it was too thick or wore off fast etc.

I'm a watchsmith and I have done pvd and dlc coatings to make watches like panerai and quite a few Rolex subs/gmt look like tool watches, but back then pvd would wear easily which is the look that many of my customers wanted and it didn't change anything enough in the metal so I could put it back together easily but the dlc was much stronger but also thicker so tighter bezels in watches would not go back on so we didn't use it that much  

so i contacted the company and discussed options for my putter and I was wowed that they actually have a  "layered dlc" that was stronger than what I've seen before which was really tough and it is also now thinner than what I've used in the past here is what I was told

Layered DLC is as hard and even harder in some cases than natural diamond

The dlc problems in the past was how it would stick to the metal but this problem was solved by the use of multilayer coating, it is also used alot in camshafts in high powered engines

So I was like when can I send it to you, lol he said send it now and check it out I was like how much? He said just pay the shipping you have always been a good customer to us consider it a favor, but I had to do the other work which was removed the shaft and remove the paint fill

So it began last week and I got it back today, it looks awesome,I will send after pictures when I take them later on20181105_190222.jpeg20181105_190214.jpeg20181105_190234.jpeg20181105_191853.jpeg20181105_191846.jpeg20181105_191901.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Congratulations man. I had my Evnroll finished with a DLC and it looks incredible. I gamed it all season and the finish still looks brand NEW. Incredibly durable.
That's awesome to hear, got any pictures? I think I'm going to use a dark paint fill but it looks incredible like it is, actually much better than my Scotty black oxide putter

The dark paint may make it murdered it more with a little pop

2 hours ago, madi05 said:

That's awesome to hear, got any pictures? I think I'm going to use a dark paint fill but it looks incredible like it is, actually much better than my Scotty black oxide putter

The dark paint may make it murdered it more with a little pop

Here it is!

I like yours, I'm just not sure about painful yet, lol I like the non paint fill but some graphite black paint would look cool to, what do you think, I do like your red but I'm going with black shaft black leather grip and black headcover lol

I think the dark paintfill looks great and if you want to leave it all black the dark paintfill would be my choice.

Now that’s a cool way to make it yours. Enjoy! I hope you don’t have to use it very often!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

All black would look pretty cool. Even a blue would look good or a silver. The silver would be classy yet show you what brand putter it is without taking away from the black.
Silver was a thought, still pondering ,I bought some called graphite grey, it's had a little metallic in it and darker than silver I'm not sure what it will look like I guess I will soon

That looks like a really nice finish. I like it without the paint fill, but agree with others that a metallic paint a little darker than the finish would look bada$$.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

I want one 😃

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

@madi05, love the way that putter came out.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Looks amazing, how's the glare from the sun? I'm going to give the ER2.2 (is that what they're going to call it?) a roll when it drops to see if a plumbers neck suits my stroke better, and I'd like to ship it straight to someone to finish rather than all the way to Hawaii and then back out. The finish on my current ER2 literally blinds me. I don't like wearing my shades while putting but I actually can't with the sun lasering me eyes like a reverse Cyclops from X-Men.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

Looks amazing, how's the glare from the sun? I'm going to give the ER2.2 (is that what they're going to call it?) a roll when it drops to see if a plumbers neck suits my stroke better, and I'd like to ship it straight to someone to finish rather than all the way to Hawaii and then back out. The finish on my current ER2 literally blinds me. I don't like wearing my shades while putting but I actually can't with the sun lasering me eyes like a reverse Cyclops from X-Men.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Thanks man,No glare , tbh that's the beauty of the dlc black it's not real shiney but not as black as oxide

If you do decide I don't mind getting it done, but only if it's new I don't really refinish putters with dings etc.

That looks really nice. I'm a big fan of a subtle paint fill.

Sent from my XT1585 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I always try to remember that I'm not good enough to get mad!

My Bag:

:ping-small:  G400 Max

:ping-small:  G30 3W

:cobra-small: King S9-1 5W

:taylormade-small: Aeroburner 3 Rescue/Hybrid

:ping-small: G400  5-UW

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52* and 56*

:rife-putters-1: 2Bar Mallet

:ping-small: Traverse II Cart Bag

Would like to murder my ER6......any suggestions for someone who will take on a used putter to black out?

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder