TESTERS WANTED! ×

First time with Mizunos

pulledabill

Hit the golf candy store while picking up my daughter from college and decided to hit a few. 

Tried the 919 Tour and Forged Mizunos. I think I understand why people love their Mizunos. While I dont feel Im a good enough ball striker to play the tour model, when I did strike it perfect. it was like butter off the face. Might entertain Mizuno down the road. 

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

Hot the gopf candy store while picking up ky daughter from college and decided to hit a few. 
Tried the 919 Tour and Forged Mizunos. I thonk I understamd why people love their Mizunos. While I dont feel Im a good enough ball striker to play the tour model, when I did strike it perfect. it waa like butter off the face. Might entertain Mizuno down the road. 

You need to entertain a little proof reading . Just joking. I’ve owned Mizuno irons for years. Actually other than testing the Ping i210 irons I’ve never owned anything else but Mizuno. I might be biased but I would definitely recommend a set of Mizuno irons to anyone in the market for a new set.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Miura MB 502 Irons

ping G400 Driver

Cobra F7 3 wood

Mizuno putter

Mizuno Wedges. 

37 minutes ago, SteddyGolf said:

lol..wow...thst was bad!

You need to entertain a little proof reading emoji3.png. Just joking. I’ve owned Mizuno irons for years. Actually other than testing the Ping i210 irons I’ve never owned anything else but Mizuno. I might be biased but I would definitely recommend a set of Mizuno irons to anyone in the market for a new set.

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

1 hour ago, SteddyGolf said:

You need to entertain a little proof reading emoji3.png. Just joking. I’ve owned Mizuno irons for years. Actually other than testing the Ping i210 irons I’ve never owned anything else but Mizuno. I might be biased but I would definitely recommend a set of Mizuno irons to anyone in the market for a new set.

I completely agree with you there Steddy. I've been using my PING i200s (from the MGS test a year or so ago) for the past few seasons, and they've been fantastic for my overall game. However, I have been trying out the JPX900 & 919 Tour irons, and whilst I'm not hitting it as far (losing ~5yd with longer irons) the feel is just better (no offence to the PINGs). I've had a few other opportunities to try out Mizuno gear (mainly the drivers and wedges) as my coach is a Mizuno rep.

If you're in the market for wedges, give the T7 a try - they're dangerously under-rated and you should be able to get them for a good price as they are due to be replaced soon (as is the ST-180 driver!!).

Driver: Cobra F9 Speedback (9.0) with Fujikura Atmos 7X (Avalanche White) 

3 Wood: Callaway Epic Sub-Zero (15 degrees) in Rogue Max 75g stiff shaft

Hybrid: Callaway Apex 20 degree with Kurokage 80g Stiff Shaft

Irons: Wilson Staff CB 4-PW in KBS 120 Stiff shafts

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM6 - 50

Callaway MD4 - 56 & 60 degrees

Putter: Taylormade TP Collection Soto

Golf Ball: Titliest Pro V1 and Srixon Z-Star 

I would definitely recommend any Mizuno clubs to anyone. Even though I only bag a 2 iron of their's, I would have no problem playing a full Mizuno bag. There are some of the most underrated clubs on the market. 

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

My cousin has a set of Mizuno irons and loves them. I want to try the 919 Forged set, but that ponder may have to wait a bit...

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: 4.5LS

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth 9* w/ Aldila Red 60

Fairway: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* w/ Diamana 70

Fairway: :callaway-small: GBB Heavenwood 19* w/ Fujikura Pro 72

Irons: :taylormade-small: p790 4-PW w/ C-Taper Lite 110s

Wedge: :taylormade-small: MG3 50 & 54

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 60*

Putter: :taylormade-small: Spider X

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5 PIX

Feel means almost nothing to me so I've never gotten the Mizuno iron thing.  Ping or Cobra are so much easier to hit.  I actually think the under rated part of the Mizuno brand are their woods - I've often found that I hit their drivers very well and have gamed a couple.  .. 

I don't find the touring pro argument convincing because its highly unlikely that I would be using the same equipment from anyone's line that they would. 

At any rate I know that Mizuno irons have their avid fans.  Just because the way the ball feels on a well struck shot has little meaning to me (beyond the fact that I struck it well and I can always tell that with any club I'm using) doesn't mean that it won't for you, so if that's what is important for your golfing enjoyment or a component of what is important by all means game them.  They always look great, I just get better performance, as in more consistent shots, from other brands. 

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I have the Mp25's and after being a tester for the Ping I500's,. Yeah. Still love the Mizunos.  Something about that feeling you get when you flush a shot .

What's in my Mizuno BR-D2 bag

OFFICIAL TESTER FOR THE PING i500 CLUBS.

Currently playing Ping i500 w/ Alta CB graphite shafts 

:mizuno-small: MP 25 - fitted w/ Project X shafts - stiff

:titelist-small: 60  / 56  :mizuno-small: 52

:titelist-small: 910 D2 driver - 9.5 degree -fitted13   F 3 wood 13.5 deg   :nike-small: CPR 3 hybrid

:nike-small: Method mallet

Dexterity:

I shoot left-handed so no one can ask me "Hey, can I try that club?" 

Twitter @GolfingHat      Instagram  @Mizunostixgolfnut

Archived