TESTERS WANTED! ×

Opinions of Golf Fitness Training

Maybe me. But I totally disagree with a golf oriented fitness regime. I’m more about a total body fitness regimen.Cardio- core work out - weights - yoga - circuit training- dieting . What is wrong with focusing on a compete body make over. For me being healthy is a little more important then having a great P4 golf position.Any type of fitness will help your golf game. Even lifting heavy weights. And a fitness trainer is ideal for this. Anywhere from $500-$1000 every two months. But so worth it. And I get upset if I can’t go 4 plus times a week for an hour or more.

Keep it in the short stuff

23 hours ago, jayjay0808 said:

I hate to say it like this but I workout nearly 7 days a week. A couple of those are very light. But my main reason for working out is that I love playing amateur tournaments and showing up looking like a professional that has to keep their body in pristine condition for the season. But for me that's my desire and work ethic. I work a full time corporate job and still jump into a retail job once a week that I've held since college and still find time to workout. If someone puts that as their priority then they will find the time and get in the gym.

Try standing on concrete for 10 hours a day physically working. Let me know how how you feel about working out 7 days a week after that. Desire has nothing to do with it when you physically WORK 6 days a week. Just sayin'.

3 minutes ago, silver & black said:

Try standing on concrete for 10 hours a day physically working. Let me know how how you feel about working out 7 days a week after that. Desire has nothing to do with it when you physically WORK 6 days a week. Just sayin'.

Excellent point. Very true!

I would also raise the point that I did that for 5 years, worked three jobs all of them physical. At one point over 200 days straight of a minimum 12 hours, some days 16 hours. I still found a way to get to the gym everyday. Desire does play a major role.

In my bag:

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Rogue ST Triple Diamond LS 10.5* (set to 9.5) UST Lin-Q Gunmetal 6f5

Wood: :titleist-small: Tsi2 15* Project X RDX Black 70 6.5

Hybrids: :cobra-small: King Utility 19.5* Diamana Tensei White Pro 90TX

Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra King Tour MIM 4-PW Dynamic Gold 120 X100

Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 50*, 54*, 58* Tour Issue S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Nashville Z1C 34"

Ball: :titleist-small:  Pro V1x

8 minutes ago, silver & black said:

But that should keep you in decent shape so do you even need to go to the gym after working? In that case, it isn't a lack of desire, you are (basically) working out 7 days a week anyway. 

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

9 minutes ago, jayjay0808 said:

Excellent point. Very true!

I would also raise the point that I did that for 5 years, worked three jobs all of them physical. At one point over 200 days straight of a minimum 12 hours, some days 16 hours. I still found a way to get to the gym everyday. Desire does play a major role.

I routinely work 10-12 hours a day at least 5 days a week, usually 6. Sometimes 30+ days without a day off.

I competed in full contact karate (predecessor to MMA) for 5 years, so I'm not a stranger to working out...lol. When you get to a certain age, some things just aren't as important as they once were.

6 hours ago, silver & black said:

I routinely work 10-12 hours a day at least 5 days a week, usually 6. Sometimes 30+ days without a day off.

I competed in full contact karate (predecessor to MMA) for 5 years, so I'm not a stranger to working out...lol. When you get to a certain age, some things just aren't as important as they once were.

100% your last sentence sums it up... That is desire and priority, those change as life changes

In my bag:

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Rogue ST Triple Diamond LS 10.5* (set to 9.5) UST Lin-Q Gunmetal 6f5

Wood: :titleist-small: Tsi2 15* Project X RDX Black 70 6.5

Hybrids: :cobra-small: King Utility 19.5* Diamana Tensei White Pro 90TX

Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra King Tour MIM 4-PW Dynamic Gold 120 X100

Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 50*, 54*, 58* Tour Issue S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Nashville Z1C 34"

Ball: :titleist-small:  Pro V1x

Archived