Forum Structure Change: Equipment, University, and *Community* Read more... ×
Win a Custom Wedge Wizard Wedge: MGS Trick Shot Challenge Read more... ×
jlukes

Cobra F9 Driver Thread

Rick Shiels posted his review and he's raving about performance 

Also, can a mod move this thread to the driver section? 

On 12/26/2018 at 8:29 AM, jlukes said:

Anyone see these in the wild on fitting carts yet? Rumor has it they're starting to make an appearance

Wow when Rick Shields biggest complaint about the driver is the "garish" yellow color that's saying something. BTW I love the yellow! 

• Like 1

Hmm. Cheaper and performs better for him. Can’t wait to read more about this one and go hit one.

Two things I’m curious about from Rick is 1) does this replace his g400 2) has he had a chance to hit g410 and whether that beats f9 abd his g400

• Like 1

Just finished watching the review and he's definitely piqued my interest! I've really liked the shape of the last few Cobra drivers. Match those looks (in the white color) with the sound, and I almost don't even care how it performs as long as I'm not losing anything. Best part is, that Cobra prices drop pretty quickly when new models come out so If I can't find the money for one now, I certainly won't have any trouble in a year or so.

I watch most of Rick 's videos. This one almost had a romance cinematography quality about it. I think it will be joining ole' bluie(bluey?) in his bag. I think he hasn't looked into the f9 before arrival, as his two complaints on looks are both covered on the alternate color option. 

Still, definitely will have to try this thing out. 

4 hours ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Two things I’m curious about from Rick is 1) does this replace his g400 2) has he had a chance to hit g410 and whether that beats f9 abd his g400

In the first WITB of 2019  he replaced the g400 with the TS3 , he used to say at the end of his reviews if the club would go in his bag but has not recently.  I don't think Ive ever seen him gush about a club like he did the Cobra.  if the only complaint is color.. that's not an issue.

36 minutes ago, Jbmullin said:

In the first WITB of 2019  he replaced the g400 with the TS3 , he used to say at the end of his reviews if the club would go in his bag but has not recently.  I don't think Ive ever seen him gush about a club like he did the Cobra.  if the only complaint is color.. that's not an issue.

I forgot he did replace it with ts3. He wanted a change to matte on the crown of the f9 too. I wonder why he stopped saying if a club would go in the bag 

Watched that review today too. Thought it was pretty interesting that Rick experienced a 2mph increase in club head speed with the only variable being the club head. Luckily my new local shop has the F9 demo in so I could test for myself on GCQuad. Well I went from swinging 113-116mph to consistently swinging around 121mph!!! I still can’t believe that I gained 5+mph!! Even tried the Epic Flash and Z785 and they couldn’t even come close to the same speed

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

Watched that review today too. Thought it was pretty interesting that Rick experienced a 2mph increase in club head speed with the only variable being the club head. Luckily my new local shop has the F9 demo in so I could test for myself on GCQuad. Well I went from swinging 113-116mph to consistently swinging around 121mph!!! I still can’t believe that I gained 5+mph!! Even tried the Epic Flash and Z785 and they couldn’t even come close to the same speed

Did you order one?

1 hour ago, DPattGolf said:

This kind of positive review is bad for my bank account....

That said, my miss is a hook, and so I'll have to do a real fitting to make sure it isn't too draw biased. 

• Like 2

This kind of positive review is bad for my bank account....

That said, my miss is a hook, and so I'll have to do a real fitting to make sure it isn't too draw biased. 

Forward weight position should create a slight more fade bias compared to the back

On 1/11/2019 at 4:59 PM, jlukes said:

Man I can't wait to hit this at club champion next week 

... Mine arrived today. Driver and 3 wood with Atmos Blue TS shafts. They look so good at address and remind me of older Cobra drivers that are not quite as round as the Fly Z thru F8. Unfortunately I am playing new courses the next several days here in Phoenix so I won't be able to compare distances on familiar courses to my F8 for at least a few rounds. 

• Like 2

... Mine arrived today. Driver and 3 wood with Atmos Blue TS shafts. They look so good at address and remind me of older Cobra drivers that are not quite as round as the Fly Z thru F8. Unfortunately I am playing new courses the next several days here in Phoenix so I won't be able to compare distances on familiar courses to my F8 for at least a few rounds. 

I’m looking forward to hearing your thoughts. I play a member guest in March. Last year Cobra was there selling product at great prices and they had outdoor fittings which was great. Want to hit some other drivers but with the pricing they give at this event it would be hard to pass up if it’s as good as they say.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 1