Sign in to follow this  
Golfspy_CG2

European and Japan Tours Ball and Club Count

One of the areas we are going to strive to bring more information to the forum in the new year will be news from all the tours, both equipment news and anything else that we think is interesting or noteworthy.

But since most of us are here because we are equipment nerds, we'll try and focus on that mainly.   And I want to bring you more than just a simple WITB posting after a tour event, sure we have have that as well, but the goal is to go a bit deeper and provide more info than you'd normally see.    As such, we've reached out to all the OEM's to supply us with any tour news they have on a regular basis.    

In full disclose for simplicity sake many times, it will be just publishing a press release they have sent out.    Some OEM's may be better at this than others, so we just want to make it understood, it's not favoring any particular company but just an effort to provide the forum with as much info as you care to see from each company on it's equipment news/counts for the week.

So with the PGA Tour on break until January, we have some info from the European and Japan Tours provided by Titleist.    Quite honestly, I found some of this info surprising as well as interesting.   I always knew they dominated the ball market on tour, but the numbers are pretty eye opening, as well as it's performance in the club counts as well.

Feel free to chime in with your thoughts on this an all other info we post here going forward.  I know most of us that are avid golfers don't necessarily make our club/ball purchasing decisions based on tour usage, but if nothing else,  it'll make for some good conversation. 

edit: Sorry for the PDF I couldn't get it to save as a Pic for some reason.

Titleist Tour Counts Week of Nov 25.txt

Adding another count chart.  I found two things interesting on this one.  

2018COUNTS.pdf

1) On the PGA Tour Bridgestone has only 3% of the ball share, but yet had 13% of PGA Tour wins on the season.  I guess you could call that the Bryson effect with a little help from Tiger. 

2) Also the Australasian Tour Titleist had 100% of the wins.  There was some presences from the other companies in play, but all 13 victories went to Titleist.  

• Like 1

One of the areas we are going to strive to bring more information to the forum in the new year will be news from all the tours, both equipment news and anything else that we think is interesting or noteworthy.
But since most of us are here because we are equipment nerds, we'll try and focus on that mainly.   And I want to bring you more than just a simple WITB posting after a tour event, sure we have have that as well, but the goal is to go a bit deeper and provide more info than you'd normally see.    As such, we've reached out to all the OEM's to supply us with any tour news they have on a regular basis.    
In full disclose for simplicity sake many times, it will be just publishing a press release they have sent out.    Some OEM's may be better at this than others, so we just want to make it understood, it's not favoring any particular company but just an effort to provide the forum with as much info as you care to see from each company on it's equipment news/counts for the week.
So with the PGA Tour on break until January, we have some info from the European and Japan Tours provided by Titleist.    Quite honestly, I found some of this info surprising as well as interesting.   I always knew they dominated the ball market on tour, but the numbers are pretty eye opening, as well as it's performance in the club counts as well.
Feel free to chime in with your thoughts on this an all other info we post here going forward.  I know most of us that are avid golfers don't necessarily make our club/ball purchasing decisions based on tour usage, but if nothing else,  it'll make for some good conversation. 

Titleist Tour Counts Week of Nov 25.pdf

I would love to see Darrell survey information. Anyway to give us top to bottom counts, not just the OEM published information? Don’t even need players associated with the equipment, would just be interesting on a week to week basis to see what is played in tour (PGA, LPGA, Web, Symetra, European, LET, etc. )
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, cnosil said:

I would love to see Darrell survey information. Anyway to give us top to bottom counts, not just the OEM published information? Don’t even need players associated with the equipment, would just be interesting on a week to week basis to see what is played in tour (PGA, LPGA, Web, Symetra, European, LET, etc. )

Already looking into that as well...great minds think a like.ha

• Like 2

It will be very interesting to see the spread of manufacturers in Europe and Asia professional tours. Especially in the irons and woods categories where we can see the David's of the golf industry thrive.

• Like 1

On 11/26/2018 at 12:44 PM, jayjay0808 said:

It will be very interesting to see the spread of manufacturers in Europe and Asia professional tours. Especially in the irons and woods categories where we can see the David's of the golf industry thrive.

It's not clubs but balls, but here's another one on all the tours that I just added to the main post, for counts across all tours. 

2018COUNTS.pdf

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

It's not clubs but balls, but here's another one on all the tours that I just added to the main post, for counts across all tours. 

2018COUNTS.pdf

To be completely honest, nothing very shocking. Only thing that I do find interesting is that Titleist dominates at over 70% at nearly every tour except the Japan Tour, where Srixon takes a fairly large bite out of the ball share. Little home field advantage it seems

• Like 1

To be completely honest, nothing very shocking. Only thing that I do find interesting is that Titleist dominates at over 70% at nearly every tour except the Japan Tour, where Srixon takes a fairly large bite out of the ball share. Little home field advantage it seems

Yep. That was really the only tour where the numbers were a little less dominate by comparison.

Bridgestone Tour B JGR Driver and HF2 irons Pre Release Testing

1 hour ago, jayjay0808 said:

Interesting that Bridgestone is so far behind Srixon in Japan. Wonder if they signed a popular national player like Srixon did with Hideki, if they would gain some share.