TESTERS WANTED! ×

Your 2019 PGA Tour (and other) Predictions

Berg Ryman

So, I'm expanding on a thread @Golfspy_CG2 put together last year with his "Who finishes the year #1 in the world?" thread by making this the official 2019 PGA Tour predictions thread, with a few other tours involved. I'll lay out a template for you all and we'll see how well we did at year's end. Do your best!

Big Event Winners

• The Players:
  • The Masters: 
  • The PGA (Bethpage Black): 
  • The US Open (Pebble Beach):
  • The Open (Royal Portrush): 

Season Long Awards

• The FedEx Cup: 
  • Player Of The Year: 
  • Rookie Of The Year:
  • Comeback Player Of The Year:
  • World Number #1 at Year's End (after Hero World Challenge 2019): 

Other Assorted Tour Winners

• Race to Dubai: 
  • CME Globe: 
  • Charles Schwab Cup:
  • Web.Com Money List:
  • Presidents' Cup and final score: 

Some Over/Unders

• Leader in Driver Distance O/U 325 yards:
  • Tiger Woods O/U 2.5 wins:
  • Lowest Score On Tour O/U 59.5: 
  • Number of Playoffs O/U 8.5: 
  • Wins by players 25 or younger O/U: 12.5: 

One Big Prediction

This is your space to make your one big call on something I've left out. Go crazy with it, drop your hottest take and show the world you aren't afraid to step out there on the edge.

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

Love this Berg!   I'll have to give them some thought and come back with some predictions. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

3 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Love this Berg!   I'll have to give them some thought and come back with some predictions. 

figured now was the time to drop this, with the Hero this week and then a month until Hawaii. Give people some time to think about some stuff and come back. I'm going to have to do some thinking and research too, even though I made the damn post!

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

SIK Golf Flo-C

Nice! This should be fun. I’ll try to get my predictions in tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Atmos Blue 6S

Atmos Red 7S
 Atmos Blue 8S
Apex CF19 4-AW C-Taper Lite S
SM7's RAW 50F - 54S - 58M - 62M

Nike 006 Paul Casey Proto (Oven)

Nike 006 Rory Proto (Oven)

Pro V1 / Z-Star

7 minutes ago, GC70 said:

Nice! This should be fun. I’ll try to get my predictions in tonight.

Cool, no timeline on this, although perhaps a lock once the tour season has started with ToC at Kapalua might be cool for us to time capsule this thing

SIK Golf Flo-C

You’re going to hear a lot from Tommy Fleetwood again. I’d love to see Finau, Leishman and Hoffman compete for the Masters.

The PGA will be TOUGH. Cooler temps and a Long Island crowd. I’d lean towards Koepka, DJ or Rory (if he can find the green from inside 110).

US Open at Pebble...is it possible for the USGA to screw it up again at this great course? I want to lean towards a Rose / Kuchar / Snedeker.

The Open? Paul Casey. This guy is too good to not have a major. He showed some good signs of life this past season.

Cool thread Berg, looking forward to seeing what others think...

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

This is a cool idea Bergtaur. Gonna have to do some research.

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

Alright, end of the week, did some thinking and here's what I eventually came up with

Big Event Winners

• The Players: Patrick Cantley, fun fact Patrick was T-2 going into the weekend at last year's Players. I think he's gonna figure out how to win this season and win a couple, but this is his big one.
  • The Masters: Jordan Spieth, redemption is a powerful motivator and I think Jordan needs a result to get people talking about him again, after he's taken a slump. Friendly reminder, T2-1-T2-11-3. Track record.
  • The PGA (Bethpage Black): TIGER F'N WOODS, you thought East Lake was a scene? Imagine Tiger walking up 18 with a NY crowd behind him as he takes his two shot lead onto the green on Sunday. The comeback in complete, and we see Tiger get 15
  • The US Open (Pebble Beach): Justin Thomas, a traditional old school US Open venue means I'm picking the most well-rounded player on the planet to get it done and take home his second major. Hits it a mile, good scrambler, good putter. 
  • The Open (Royal Portrush): Jason Day, the biggest unknown in the majors this year is Portrush and it could go 100 different ways. Jason Day can't stay out in the wilderness forever, he's too good for that. With a field as wide open as Portrush may be, let's take a chance on a guy finding some midsummer form and putting it back together

Season Long Awards

• The FedEx Cup: Justin Thomas, it's not daring, it's not exciting... it's just that he's really good and consistent and that's how you win the FedEx Cup. Could see him finishing top 3 in points and making up those strokes pretty easy.
  • Player Of The Year:  Justin Thomas, look, FedEx Cup, a Major, probably 3 or 4 wins in the season... it's JT's world, we're living in it
  • Rookie Of The Year: Cameron Champ, Probably the 2nd easiest pick on this list to be honest. Cam's got a win and has the buzz. A couple more good showings or even a second win and he'll have this award wrapped up by Memorial Day.
  • Comeback Player Of The Year: Hunter Mahan, probably the thing I'm pulling for the hardest on this list. Mahan completely went into the wilderness and recently found his way back on tour with a couple of top 20's in the fall series, I would love to see him win again and I just think he might perhaps at Harbour Town or in Texas
  • World Number #1 at Year's End (after Hero World Challenge 2019): Justin Thomas, he wins, he plays well and he'll make more points up than he'd lose if his season plays out like I think. JT #1

• Race to Dubai: Thorbjorn Olesen, Good Ol' Thunder Bear. He's a great player as the Ryder Cup and WGC performances showed, plus he primarily plays in Europe, giving him more chance to rack up the points necessary.
  • CME Globe: Sung Hyun Park, ready for this weird anomaly? A Korean player has never won the Race to the CME Globe. Ko twice, Ariya twice, and Lexi. I think that changes as world #2 Sung Hyun Park wins multiple majors next year and takes her spot on the throne
  • Charles Schwab Cup: Bernard Langer, until he either dies or can't play golf anymore Bernard Langer will always be my choice for Charles Schwab Cup champion.
  • Web.Com Money List: Doug Ghim, Ghim looks to be the next big player out of Texas to make some noise on tour, I think he'll perform well
  • Presidents' Cup and final score: Team USA 16.5-13.5, Tiger is a playing captain and bring his boys together after the bad performance against the Euros to take down a really game International team headed up by Ernie Els. 

Some Over/Unders

• Leader in Driver Distance O/U 325 yards: Under, but not by much. The record for distance in a season is 321.4 by Hank Kuehne in 2004, I see that going down but 325 is a different number. I wouldn't be surprised to be wrong, it just seems that's the next barrier and if it doesn't fall this season, probably next.
  • Tiger Woods O/U 2.5 wins: Under, I see Tiger winning Twice this season, Bethpage and either Bay Hill or Firestone, probably nab quite a few top tens as well.
  • Lowest Score On Tour O/U 59.5: Over, with the proliferation of distance, I can see some tracks setting themselves up to be tougher around the greens and off the fairway. We'll be put on #59Watch a bit, but I don't think someone cracks the seal this season
  • Number of Playoffs O/U 8.5: Over, the fields are too deep and guys are too talented to not see this many playoffs. I think we sneak into double digits, but nowhere near last season's amount
  • Wins by players 25 or younger O/U: 12.5: Under, it'll be close, but with those class of 2011 guys again out of this age bracket this season I just see it coming under the number

One Big Prediction

• Sergio Garcia has a bounce back season that sees him reranked in the OWGR top 10 before year's end. Five straight top 10's to close 2018 makes me believe Sergio's got a big 2019 ahead especially after finalizing the equipment switch to Callaway and seeing his old rival El Tigre bounce back will push Sergio to prove he's still got it too.

SIK Golf Flo-C

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/9/2018 at 9:32 PM, Shankster said:

Players: Francesco 

Masters: Rickie Fowler

PGA: Tommy Fleetwood

US Open: El Tigre

The Open: El Tigre

World #1: El Tigre

Tiger wins 9 this year.

Race to Dubai: Tommy Fleetwood

Shanks, I love your moxie. It would be something if we get old Big Cat back.

SIK Golf Flo-C

Big Event Winners

• The Players:     Tony Finau
  • The Masters:     Jordan Spieth
  • The PGA (Bethpage Black):   Tiger Friggin' Woods
  • The US Open (Pebble Beach):  Matt Kuchar
  • The Open (Royal Portrush):   Tommy Fleetwood

Season Long Awards

• The FedEx Cup:   Tony Finau
  • Player Of The Year:   Tiger Friggin' Woods
  • Rookie Of The Year:  Cameron Champ
  • Comeback Player Of The Year:  Hunter Mahan (not sure if he qualifies or not)
  • World Number #1 at Year's End (after Hero World Challenge 2019):   Tommy Fleetwood

• Race to Dubai:   Tommy Fleetwood
  • CME Globe:  Michelle Wie
  • Charles Schwab Cup:  Scott McCarron
  • Web.Com Money List:  Doug Ghim
  • Presidents' Cup and final score:   USA  18 to 12

Some Over/Unders

• Leader in Driver Distance O/U 325 yards:  Cameron Champ 338yds
  • Tiger Woods O/U 2.5 wins:  The Big Cat gets 3 including 1 major
  • Lowest Score On Tour O/U 59.5:  No 59 this year but we will see 8 61's
  • Number of Playoffs O/U 8.5:    5 playoffs  including 1 playoff with 4 or more players
  • Wins by players 25 or younger O/U: 12.5:   The youngin's only get 7

One Big Prediction

My big prediction is that Hunter Mahan gets a win this year.  Whether he qualifies or not, the win he gets this year should make him comeback player of the year.

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

I’ll simply make one prediction that is guaranteed to happen. Tiger Woods will be the topic on conversation from every talking head in the world. Nothing else seems to matter in the world of professional golf.

• :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS

Big Event Winners

• The Players: Sergio Garcia
  • The Masters: Jordan Spieth
  • The PGA (Bethpage Black): Jon Rahm 
  • The US Open (Pebble Beach): Justin Thomas
  • The Open (Royal Portrush): Rory McIlroy

Season Long Awards

• The FedEx Cup: Justin Thomas
  • Player Of The Year: Justin Thomas
  • Rookie Of The Year: Kramer Hickok
  • Comeback Player Of The Year: Keegan Bradley
  • World Number #1 at Year's End (after Hero World Challenge 2019): Rory McIlroy

• Race to Dubai: Tommy Fleetwood

Some Over/Unders

• Leader in Driver Distance O/U 325 yards: Cameron Champ with the Over
  • Tiger Woods O/U 2.5 wins: Under
  • Lowest Score On Tour O/U 59.5: Over
  • Number of Playoffs O/U 8.5: Over
  • Wins by players 25 or younger O/U: 12.5: Under

One Big Prediction

Aaron Wise is going to win several tournaments and position himself to contend in a couple of major championships.  This will propel him to a monster 2020 season akin to Jordan Spieth's 2015 season.

On 11/30/2018 at 1:47 PM, Berg Ryman said:

Alright, end of the week, did some thinking and here's what I eventually came up with

Big Event Winners

• The Players: Patrick Cantley, fun fact Patrick was T-2 going into the weekend at last year's Players. I think he's gonna figure out how to win this season and win a couple, but this is his big one.
  • The Masters: Jordan Spieth, redemption is a powerful motivator and I think Jordan needs a result to get people talking about him again, after he's taken a slump. Friendly reminder, T2-1-T2-11-3. Track record.
  • The PGA (Bethpage Black): TIGER F'N WOODS, you thought East Lake was a scene? Imagine Tiger walking up 18 with a NY crowd behind him as he takes his two shot lead onto the green on Sunday. The comeback in complete, and we see Tiger get 15
  • The US Open (Pebble Beach): Justin Thomas, a traditional old school US Open venue means I'm picking the most well-rounded player on the planet to get it done and take home his second major. Hits it a mile, good scrambler, good putter. 
  • The Open (Royal Portrush): Jason Day, the biggest unknown in the majors this year is Portrush and it could go 100 different ways. Jason Day can't stay out in the wilderness forever, he's too good for that. With a field as wide open as Portrush may be, let's take a chance on a guy finding some midsummer form and putting it back together

Season Long Awards

• The FedEx Cup: Justin Thomas, it's not daring, it's not exciting... it's just that he's really good and consistent and that's how you win the FedEx Cup. Could see him finishing top 3 in points and making up those strokes pretty easy.
  • Player Of The Year:  Justin Thomas, look, FedEx Cup, a Major, probably 3 or 4 wins in the season... it's JT's world, we're living in it
  • Rookie Of The Year: Cameron Champ, Probably the 2nd easiest pick on this list to be honest. Cam's got a win and has the buzz. A couple more good showings or even a second win and he'll have this award wrapped up by Memorial Day.
  • Comeback Player Of The Year: Hunter Mahan, probably the thing I'm pulling for the hardest on this list. Mahan completely went into the wilderness and recently found his way back on tour with a couple of top 20's in the fall series, I would love to see him win again and I just think he might perhaps at Harbour Town or in Texas
  • World Number #1 at Year's End (after Hero World Challenge 2019): Justin Thomas, he wins, he plays well and he'll make more points up than he'd lose if his season plays out like I think. JT #1

• Race to Dubai: Thorbjorn Olesen, Good Ol' Thunder Bear. He's a great player as the Ryder Cup and WGC performances showed, plus he primarily plays in Europe, giving him more chance to rack up the points necessary.
  • CME Globe: Sung Hyun Park, ready for this weird anomaly? A Korean player has never won the Race to the CME Globe. Ko twice, Ariya twice, and Lexi. I think that changes as world #2 Sung Hyun Park wins multiple majors next year and takes her spot on the throne
  • Charles Schwab Cup: Bernard Langer, until he either dies or can't play golf anymore Bernard Langer will always be my choice for Charles Schwab Cup champion.
  • Web.Com Money List: Doug Ghim, Ghim looks to be the next big player out of Texas to make some noise on tour, I think he'll perform well
  • Presidents' Cup and final score: Team USA 16.5-13.5, Tiger is a playing captain and bring his boys together after the bad performance against the Euros to take down a really game International team headed up by Ernie Els. 

Some Over/Unders

• Leader in Driver Distance O/U 325 yards: Under, but not by much. The record for distance in a season is 321.4 by Hank Kuehne in 2004, I see that going down but 325 is a different number. I wouldn't be surprised to be wrong, it just seems that's the next barrier and if it doesn't fall this season, probably next.
  • Tiger Woods O/U 2.5 wins: Under, I see Tiger winning Twice this season, Bethpage and either Bay Hill or Firestone, probably nab quite a few top tens as well.
  • Lowest Score On Tour O/U 59.5: Over, with the proliferation of distance, I can see some tracks setting themselves up to be tougher around the greens and off the fairway. We'll be put on #59Watch a bit, but I don't think someone cracks the seal this season
  • Number of Playoffs O/U 8.5: Over, the fields are too deep and guys are too talented to not see this many playoffs. I think we sneak into double digits, but nowhere near last season's amount
  • Wins by players 25 or younger O/U: 12.5: Under, it'll be close, but with those class of 2011 guys again out of this age bracket this season I just see it coming under the number

One Big Prediction

• Sergio Garcia has a bounce back season that sees him reranked in the OWGR top 10 before year's end. Five straight top 10's to close 2018 makes me believe Sergio's got a big 2019 ahead especially after finalizing the equipment switch to Callaway and seeing his old rival El Tigre bounce back will push Sergio to prove he's still got it too.

Some good predictions here.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

Archived