• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Daily Deals

• Sponsors

• Our Sponsors

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    wenpren521

• By Golfspy_CG2
      Sold!!  Thanks everyone for the interest!     
      Grab a set that is currently the focus of the Wilson D7 challenge going on across the US. 
      This is the Wilson iron that is giving people back yardage they thought they had lost forever.  They are simply some of the easiest irons, I've ever hit and just go high and straight...and oh yeah far.   if you don't believe me, check out some the blog piece from Golfspy_barbajo
      https://mygolfspy.com/first-look-wilson-staff-d7-irons/
      The specs on these are 1/2 long and 2 degrees upright.   Hit me up with any questions, already have some inquires about these in the shop, but wanted to give my fellow spies who are in the market for a great affordable set of irons to start the year. 
      Note: the face's actually look much better in person than the pics, the only one that is really heavily used is the 7 (top pic 2nd from left) as it's been used on the range a lot more than the others. 

• By aburtonky
      Alright, so after playing for 25ish years, I finally got fit for clubs. I’m 32 years old. I don’t have the shaft information on me at the moment, but I hope you find it interesting nonetheless. 
      Driver: Wilson C300 Stiff Flex 9 degrees, but I’ve got it adjusted to 10
      Fairway Wood: Cobra F8 Regular Flex 5-6 wood. It’s set to 18.5 degrees
      Irons: Wilson Staff D7 Regular Flex 5-GW
      Wedges: Cleveland CBX 52, 56, 60
      Putter: Tommy Armour Impact No.3
      Ball: Cut Grey
      So I consider myself a middle handicapper. I can easily shoot low to mid 80’s. However, I recently was diagnosed with degenerative disc disease in my back. So in order to extend my playing time I’ve taken quite a bit off my swing. Because I’m still adjusting to a new swing, I wanted clubs much more forgiving but I wouldn’t lose too much distance. The brand new D7 irons have offered me the best combination of long distance and good accuracy. I know their lofts are jacked but since I slowed my swing, I technically haven’t lost any distance off the iron number. I have the same philosophy with the wedges. My fitter handed me the CBX wedges and I was blown away by how consistently I was hitting them the same distances. As little as I’m getting to play, once a month, I’m not looking to shape too many shots, I just want to go straight. I’m always kinda an underdog guy so you’ll pretty much never find anything Taylormade/Callaway/Ping/Titleist in my bag. I can’t stand the elitist attitude in golf that knocks statistically proven great clubs because they’re not made by a big 4 OEM. My favorite club in the bag is the Tommy Armour putter. I hit hundreds of puts that day and it even blew away the Evnroll for me. I’m not a tall guy either, barely 5’7”, so everything is shaved down 1/4 of an inch to 1/2 an inch. You’ll notice I only have 13 clubs. I’m very satisfied with my 5 wood and 5 iron as my long clubs so I’m considering adding a PM Grind 64 degree wedge for lobs once the new model comes out in February (I know it’s made by Callaway lol). Let me know what y’all think!

• By NYBuckeye88
      So I was pretty surprised when I found out: (1) that nearly everyone slept on my man Koepka, and (2) I won a Wilson FG Tour wedge for my second place finish in the PGA championship giveaway.  I have not swung a Wilson club in while, and I was intrigued to see how their wedge would stack up against my current gamers - which are the Titleist Vokey SM5's. Full disclosure - my current wedges have pretty much lost their spin and I am in the market for some new wedges, so this couldn't have come at a better time.
      Luckily, I was able to fully customize the wedge to my specs and order the proper loft, length, lie, grind and custom stamping.  I ended up going with the Wilson FG Tour, 58 degree, standard length, 1 degree flat, traditional grind, and stamped "MD2" (I wasn't really sure what to do there and panicked - these are basically just my initials). Oh! I also got the shaft in a S+ KBS rev, which was really clutch because I play S+ KBS C-Tapers. I went with the traditional grind because, on occasion, I've been hitting my L-Gring lob wedge a little fat and course conditions are soft where I play in the north east.
      My first impression regarding the look of this wedge was that it is super-clean. The lines are nice and the head is compact.  The satin finish also has a matte-quality so that it won't create a glare in the sun.  I personally feel that the club looks very inviting to hit, and I felt confident at address.
      One thing that I noticed was that the weighting of this club feels heavier than my Vokey's. I didn't weigh them so I can't confirm this to an absolute fact, but at least to me, they feel heavier.  That being said, I don't think that is a negative and I think that the club feels really solid overall.  I was able to control shots and work the ball both ways, and even flight shots as need be.  I have also posted some pictures below of the impact of the shots.  As you can see, the face definitely has some grip to it and the balls were checking up pretty nicely.  I toe'd a shot, as you can see, and the club was pretty forgiving - flying about 95% of the way to the target.
      Another interesting thing to note is that I hit this club against my 54 degree Vokey and was flying it the exact same distance despite it being 4 degrees weaker... So do with that information what you may. I don't necessarily subscribe to more distance is always better, but facts are facts.
      As you can tell I was hitting off of synthetic turf in the pictures below, but I also hit some shots out of the rough and sand (though not pictured because it was getting dark). I actually think that the (perceived) heavier weight was advantageous in rough and sand , as the club was able to glide through tougher lies without getting caught up. 
      All in all I am very happy with this club. I am very impressed with the look, feel and playability and am leaning towards ordering a 54 and be done with my search to replace my current wedges.  Thanks again to MyGolfSpy and Wilson for the opportunity, I'll check in and answer any additional questions that anyone might have.

• By GolfSpy Barbajo
      Some sweet new bags released today by Wilson Golf.  Whaddya guys think?

WILSON UNVEILS NEW EXO GOLF BAG FAMILY

The new Wilson Staff eXo cart and carry line delivers a higher level of organization through its wide open top and geometric pocket designs.

CHICAGO, September 24th , 2018 – Wilson has officially announced the 2019 line of eXo carry and eXo cart bags. Designed with optimal club space and ergonomic pockets, eXo offers a wide range of storage options for golfers who enjoy easy access to their equipment while walking or riding during their round.

The five-way 10' x 7.5' top of the eXo carry bag incorporates five large dividers which allow for easy club organization and accessibility. With six functional storage pockets, the new carry bag provides golfers ample storage space and convenience access to the essentials during a round on the course.

“The organization and design of each pocket on the eXo carry and cart line make things effortless for golfers,” said Jean-Pierre Degembe, Global Product Director. “We went to great lengths to meet the needs of the everyday golfer, who enjoys the game without the hassle of searching or misplacing items inside their bags.”

The lightweight eXo carry bagweighs in at 5.1lb/2.3 kg, features a non-skid base which rests flat on the ground and has integrated stand legs completing the self-standing design for greater stability around the golf course. The bag also offers a 2-in- one self-balancing four-point double strap system for carrying comfort.

Designed for the keen carrier, the eXo carry bag integrates 3D air flow padded straps and a 3D air flow hip/low back pad to keep golfers cool in warmer conditions.

Additional features include an umbrella and glove holders, a towel ring and rain hood for inclement weather.

The eXo cart bag features a new 14-way 11' x 9' top with 14 full-length dividers with an enlarged putter well to accommodate oversized grips. A new base which features a trolley anchor, which fits easily on a cart and securely on a trolley.

Eight functional pockets provide smooth access to belongings, which includes two “Dry- tech” pockets, two full-size garment spaces and three front accessories pockets. The cart bag also showcases one large cooler pocket. The umbrella and glove holder, tee holders, towel ring, rain hood and 3D foam padded strap complete the list of additional bag features.

Both eXo carry and eXo cart bags are available in four stylish colour schemes: Blue/Royal/Yellow, Black/Black/Orange, Navy/White/Red and Red/White/Red.

The eXo family will be available starting Monday, Spetember 24.

Price Details:
      eXo Carry: $159.99 eXo Cart: $179.99

• By cwojtowicz
      When I found out that I won the contest that MGS and Wilson threw for the PGA Championship, I was pumped! I quickly realized that I hadn't hit a Wilson club in years, so, I was very curious to go try out their offerings at the PGA Superstore. I was a little skeptical, mostly because I hadn't heard much about their irons. After scoping out a few of their offerings, I narrowed it down to the Forged C300s and the FG Tour V6s. Both were great offerings, and I was seriously considering the Forged C300s but I ultimately went with the F6 Tour V6s because they were closer to the clubs I was currently playing (Callaway Apex Pros w/ Project X PXi shafts).

I was instantly impressed with how the FGs felt. They provided instant feedback on the shots you hit and performed great. They have a smaller profile then some of the other clubs you might come across, but, that is to be expected of an iron in this class. I tried out a few of the stock shaft offerings and found the KBS Tours and the Dynamic Golf AMTs to be the best fit. I ended up going with the Dynamic Golds because they had a slightly higher ball speed, were more consistent, and had a better feel than the KBS Tours. 

I've played a few rounds with the FGs now and I'm really impressed. They are consistent and allow you to flight the ball up, down, left, and right. The AMT shafts are kind of interesting because they are weighted heavier at the bottom of the set (i.e. the Pitching Wedge has a beefier shaft than the 5-iron). I'm still getting used to the progressively weighted shafts and haven't quite nailed down my distances yet, but I'm getting there. Some of the differences I've noticed between these and my Callaway Apex Pros are that the FGs tend to be a few yards shorter but have a higher ball flight with significantly more spin. That difference could easily be attributed to the different shafts, as the PXis are lighter and designed to flight the ball a little bit lower. I would probably have to throw the same shafts into both sets to get a better idea on any differences between the heads. 

So far, I'm a big fan of the FGs and I would highly recommend that you give them a try the next time you are in the market for irons. If you aren't a fan of the FGs and are looking for a little bit more distance, give the Forged C300s a shot, they seemed like a fantastic option too. 

Now for a few pics... Unfortunately, it's been cloudy every time I've taken these clubs out to play. I'll try to snap some better pictures next time the sun is out so that you can really see these shine!

Thanks again to Wilson and MGS for providing this contest and sending me a new set of clubs! I'll add more comments after I get a few more rounds in and get a better feel for the pros and cons.
  • Recent Topics

• Latest from the Blog

• Happy Birthday Today!