jlukes

Mizuno ST190 & ST190G Drivers Thread

Have seen them in hand from the rep, but didnt' get a chance to hit them.  But they look fantastic, and he said the guys who have tried them in Europe and a few in the US on Tour plan on putting them in the bag in 2019.   Will definitely be waiting in line at the PGA Show demo day to give them a try.

• Like 2

...  LOVE that the Mizuno ST 190 will keep up with TM, Ping, Cally and Cobra. Pictures look great and performance seems to be equal to all the other drivers listed above. Pretty good endorsement that DLIII put one in his bag.  

• Like 2

...  LOVE that the Mizuno ST 190 will keep up with TM, Ping, Cally and Cobra. Pictures look great and performance seems to be equal to all the other drivers listed above. Pretty good endorsement that DLIII put one in his bag.  
It will be interesting to see how driver share gets divided up between Cobra, Srixon and Mizuno
  • Like 2

I myself played the JPX 850 Driver and have to say the thing was a flat out bomber. Throw in the Tour Spec Speeder that came stock and it was well worth the price. My only complaint was that it wasn't as forgiving as the other drivers on the market. If Mizuno figured that out with these, they could be winners! 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, yungkory said:

Been seeing a lot of hype on IG from their staffers!

... How you been playing in paradise? We have had 4 snow storms before December 1st and I can't really remember one, let alone 4! I'll be heading to Phoenix for the winter in two weeks and it can't come soon enough.  🌞 😊

winter.jpg.44b854f0659d22743999801be70caa35.jpg

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, chisag said:

... How you been playing in paradise? We have had 4 snow storms before December 1st and I can't really remember one, let alone 4! I'll be heading to Phoenix for the winter in two weeks and it can't come soon enough.  🌞 😊

winter.jpg.44b854f0659d22743999801be70caa35.jpg

Let's just say... you might want to not look at the "Pictures from the course" thread until you're in Phoenix 😎

• Like 2
  • Love 1

So, I was really the only one of the four of us selected for last year's ST180 testing to get along with the club in a big way, so I love my Mizuno driver and if the ST190 is an upgrade, it's a hell of bomber. I don't see the need to upgrade myself and I actually prefer the blue over the black, but the tech is legit. I wouldn't be shocked to see a jump up for those with Mizuno irons to make the switch to a Mizzy driver. 

• Like 6

I was able to hit the ST190 at the Des Moines expo, it is awesome! It felt better the the Cobra F9, Titleist TS2, and was comparable (in sound and feel - no launch monitor data was available) to the ping G410.

Sent from my SM-N960U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 2

I was able to hit the ST190 at the Des Moines expo, it is awesome! It felt better the the Cobra F9, Titleist TS2, and was comparable (in sound and feel - no launch monitor data was available) to the ping G410.

How is the head shape of the ST190G? I really liked the shape of the jpx850 but I didn't really care for the blue.

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1

On 11/28/2018 at 10:05 AM, Berg Ryman said:

So, I was really the only one of the four of us selected for last year's ST180 testing to get along with the club in a big way, so I love my Mizuno driver and if the ST190 is an upgrade, it's a hell of bomber. I don't see the need to upgrade myself and I actually prefer the blue over the black, but the tech is legit. I wouldn't be shocked to see a jump up for those with Mizuno irons to make the switch to a Mizzy driver.  

As one of the reviewers who didn't get on as well, I did say that if the driver had some adjust-ability to dial in the ball flight, it might have done better for me. Seeing this in the ST-190 made me smile. This driver has some real potential and should be on the test list ofr all. If they have increased the forgiveness and MOI it could fit into a lot of golf bags this year in a crowded 2019 driver market.

• Like 1

How is the head shape of the ST190G? I really liked the shape of the jpx850 but I didn't really care for the blue.  
Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using MyGolfSpy mobile app

The head shape of the G looked to be a little shorter front to back, more rounded at the top and towards the toe. Overall they both looked awesome. The black with the new wave sole is sweet.

• Like 3

The ST180 had some dead spots on the face, so lost yardage was significant when not hit in the center of the face. If they’ve fixed that issue, then this could be a heck of a driver! My numbers with the ST180 were dang near optimum at CC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

Anyone know what the shaft options will be for Mizuno ST 190 line? Haven’t seen anything details on what the stock shafts will be...
I loved the JPX 850 driver and shaft combo with the Speeder Tour Spec. Always liked the stock shafts Mizuno pairs with its woods.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Anyone know what the shaft options will be for Mizuno ST 190 line? Haven’t seen anything details on what the stock shafts will be...
I loved the JPX 850 driver and shaft combo with the Speeder Tour Spec. Always liked the stock shafts Mizuno pairs with its woods.

Never mind. Found my answer. 18 shaft choices! That’s awesome.

• Like 2

Never mind. Found my answer. 18 shaft choices! That’s awesome.

Did you find which 18 they are? Their site still shows last year’s model, and only a few shafts...

12 hours ago, PMookie said:

Did you find which 18 they are? Their site still shows last year’s model, and only a few shafts...

That was some good stuff from Chris Voshall with Ian.  I wiill be in tbe booth this am.  Dont know bie much more infi i can get vs what he said in that video.   

But ill effort a picture or two.  

• Like 1