Mizuno ST190 & ST190G Drivers Thread

Played two rounds with the new ST190 - it has been long and straight for me. Only one drive in the two rounds have resulted in a lost ball. Longest drive was 365. I think I may need to move back a set of tees so I can hit it more often. I am really enjoying the new addition to my set.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

WITB 2019

Driver - [NEW] Mizuno ST190, Atmos Black 6x, adjusted to 8.5 degrees

3 Wood - Callaway Alpha 816, Graphite Design AD-DI 7x - 15 degrees

Hybrid - Callaway XR OS, Graphite Design AD-DI 7x - 18 degrees

Irons - Adams CMB, KBS C-Taper - 4 iron - GW

Wedges - Scratch, KBS C-Taper - 53, 58

Putter - Taylormade TP Ardmore Red Limited Edition - 34 inches 

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So, I was really the only one of the four of us selected for last year's ST180 testing to get along with the club in a big way, so I love my Mizuno driver and if the ST190 is an upgrade, it's a hell o

I think the biggest news is that it was from a guy without an equipment deal, meaning he wasn't being paid to put it into play, he looked at all the other options and chose the 190. If that's not the

And just like that, the ST190 gives Mizuno its first win of the year at the Honda Classic. 

Posted Images

Here's my shiny, new and fitted ST190. I've never bought a new club before let alone got a fitting but everything worked out and I've got a hell of a good club. I made a thread about my experience in the general equipment thread. Head over and read it [emoji16]IMG_20190416_165628.jpeg

Sent from my VTR-L09 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1

DRIVER:                  :mizuno-small:  ST190, 10.5*, Fujikura  Atmos Black Tour Spec 65g, Stiff flex, Golf Pride CP2 Wrap, midsize

HYBRIDS:    :adams-small:    Pro  2 hybrid 16*, Aldila Tour Red 75g, Stiff, Superstroke TX1 Midsize grip 

:mizuno-small:           JPX 850 hybrid 19*, UST Proforce V2 85g, Stiff, Superstroke TX1 Midsize grip                                  

IRONS:            :cobra-small:    King Forged Tour 4i-pw, KBS FLT, shafts, stiff,  Superstroke TX1 Midsize grips

WEDGES:        rsz_scor-golf-logo.png        50, 55, 60 degree wedges with Genius 12 stiff flex,   Superstroke TX1 Midsize grips

PUTTER:       :odyssey-small:    O-Works Marksman 33.5", Superstroke 1.0 Flatso grip w/ 50g counter core

BALL:          :bridgestone-small: Tour B X                                                     

BAG:          :Ogio:              Cirrus Golf Bag 

Shoes:              Skechers                  Hexgo Control  Shoes

Here's my shiny, new and fitted ST190. I've never bought a new club before let alone got a fitting but everything worked out and I've got a hell of a good club. I made a thread about my experience in the general equipment thread. Head over and read it [emoji16]IMG_20190416_165628.jpeg.605863ee55f8ee635df9e2b7d2de92aa.jpeg

It is a great club. I love mine. I am an extreme club hoe and have owned probably 20 drivers or more in the last 5-6 years. Since receiving my ST190 I haven’t even thought about another driver. I didn’t go through a fitting so I am still fine tuning my shaft and loft combo with it but even without a perfect shaft yet it ticks all the boxes for me.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 1

What is in my Bag Boy Revolver

Driver:    PXG Gen2 0811x 10.5* set to small + with a VA Composites Nemesys 55s @ 44.75"

Fairway:  :srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Irons: Testing the Titleist T200 irons 4-W2 with Project X LZ 5.5 shaft -1/2" and 1* Up

Wedge: Titleist SM7 56* with Project X LZ 5.0 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Custom Futura X5 flow neck with a UST Frequency Filtered shaft -1" with a SS wristlock grip

It is a great club. I love mine. I am an extreme club hoe and have owned probably 20 drivers or more in the last 5-6 years. Since receiving my ST190 I haven’t even thought about another driver. I didn’t go through a fitting so I am still fine tuning my shaft and loft combo with it but even without a perfect shaft yet it ticks all the boxes for me.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
It definitely felt the best of all the drivers I've been through over the years. I'm like you too! Been through so many I've lost count. In retrospect though, I bought on eBay and online trying to fit myself but always doubting myself. Had I just got fit 5 years ago and bought new, I probably would have saved more in the long run. Lesson learned

• Like 1

DRIVER:                  :mizuno-small:  ST190, 10.5*, Fujikura  Atmos Black Tour Spec 65g, Stiff flex, Golf Pride CP2 Wrap, midsize

HYBRIDS:    :adams-small:    Pro  2 hybrid 16*, Aldila Tour Red 75g, Stiff, Superstroke TX1 Midsize grip 

:mizuno-small:           JPX 850 hybrid 19*, UST Proforce V2 85g, Stiff, Superstroke TX1 Midsize grip                                  

IRONS:            :cobra-small:    King Forged Tour 4i-pw, KBS FLT, shafts, stiff,  Superstroke TX1 Midsize grips

WEDGES:        rsz_scor-golf-logo.png        50, 55, 60 degree wedges with Genius 12 stiff flex,   Superstroke TX1 Midsize grips

PUTTER:       :odyssey-small:    O-Works Marksman 33.5", Superstroke 1.0 Flatso grip w/ 50g counter core

2 minutes ago, mbrodeur86 said:

It definitely felt the best of all the drivers I've been through over the years. I'm like you too! Been through so many I've lost count. In retrospect though, I bought on eBay and online trying to fit myself but always doubting myself. Had I just got fit 5 years ago and bought new, I probably would have saved more in the long run. Lesson learned

Yeah I agree about saving money in the long run but I have to admit I have had a lot of fun trying them all.

• Like 1

What is in my Bag Boy Revolver

Driver:    PXG Gen2 0811x 10.5* set to small + with a VA Composites Nemesys 55s @ 44.75"

Fairway:  :srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Irons: Testing the Titleist T200 irons 4-W2 with Project X LZ 5.5 shaft -1/2" and 1* Up

Wedge: Titleist SM7 56* with Project X LZ 5.0 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Custom Futura X5 flow neck with a UST Frequency Filtered shaft -1" with a SS wristlock grip

I tested it last night on my friend's HD golf simulator. We played Pinehurst #2. I did not drive the ball well. I was over-rotating my hands through the swing and hooking the ball. I managed to shoot 77 though. It still felt great. I've been trying to wear a GPS golf watch as I was given one and want to use it this summer. I'm not one to wear any watches or jewelry so I'm not sure if this caused me to over-rotate or not. There is always a period of adjusting so I'm not giving up.

53 minutes ago, mbrodeur86 said:

100% agree, the feel is great in this driver and sound is right on point!

• Like 3

In my bag:

Driver: :cobra-small: Speedzone 10.5* lofted down to 9.0* Fujikura Atmos Black TS 6X

Wood: :cobra-small: Speedzone Tour Fujikura Atmos Black TS 7X

Hybrids: :cobra-small: King Utility 19.5* Diamana Tensei White Pro 90TX

Irons: :cobra-small: MIM Tour Irons 4-PW Project X 6.5

Wedges: :cobra-small: MIM Black 50*, 54*, 58* Tour Issue S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Nashville Z1C 34"

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B X 

• 1 month later...

I hit the ST190G with the Atmos TS 6X during my lesson today and it immediately shot to the top of my list for a new driver. I hit mine right before it. Best shot barely carried 245. First swing with the mizzy flew 270. I saw numbers with this driver I hadn’t seen since my sldr days

• Like 2

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot