Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Break your mind

Mizuno_fan

A good key on a golf course is to carry something with you that you can look at or hold even just for a brief second to take your mind off the game of golf.

Do any of you have something like this especially for high pressure situations?

I am currently getting a pocket watch engraved with letters on it just so I can put it in my pocket and run my thumb over the letters as a reminder.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I didn't carry anything last year in tournaments, however, I did read a book last year that helped relieve the pressure: 'Be A Player' by Pia Nilsson. Since the pressure is all in the head - this book is a pretty good step by step to overcoming those jitters. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

I didn't carry anything last year in tournaments, however, I did read a book last year that helped relieve the pressure: 'Be A Player' by Pia Nilsson. Since the pressure is all in the head - this book is a pretty good step by step to overcoming those jitters. 

I’m gonna have to check that out. How did you do in the tournaments?

2 hours ago, Mizuno_fan said:

A good key on a golf course is to carry something with you that you can look at or hold even just for a brief second to take your mind off the game of golf.

Do any of you have something like this especially for high pressure situations?

I am currently getting a pocket watch engraved with letters on it just so I can put it in my pocket and run my thumb over the letters as a reminder.

I like to take 5 minutes (3 mins in 2019) to wander in the trees, smell the roses and look for the lesser spotted Tit-leist. 😉 

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

My ball markers are photo ball markers with pictures of my son on them.  I also personalize a lot of my golf balls with his name and date of birth and death on it.  There usually isn't a round of golf where he isn't on my mind.

• :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS

I have, "relax" and "don't do dumb sh!t" written on my push cart. It just reminds me to not get to worked up about golf.  It is just a game and reminds me to enjoy my time on the course. It can also make me play better because nobody plays better while worked up. 

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

My ball markers are photo ball markers with pictures of my son on them.  I also personalize a lot of my golf balls with his name and date of birth and death on it.  There usually isn't a round of golf where he isn't on my mind.

Sorry to hear about your loss. Thoughts and prayers.

SFT. 

SEE IT. FEEL IT. TRUST IT. 

1 hour ago, Mizuno_fan said:

I’m gonna have to check that out. How did you do in the tournaments?

A lot better than the year before - but still didn't win. That's one of my 2019 objectives.  Interestingly many of the guys in our league commented on how much better I played in 2018. I think it was more that 'I was playing my own game' more than anything else. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

That’s rough I’m sorry to hear that. A parent should never have to bury their child. At least he’s watching you play. Think he’s laughing at you when you three putt?

A lot better than the year before - but still didn't win. That's one of my 2019 objectives.  Interestingly many of the guys in our league commented on how much better I played in 2018. I think it was more that 'I was playing my own game' more than anything else. 

That is very important especially when you get around other god golfers it’s easy to look at their swing and notice how textbook and nice it is and then try to mimick it while your playing a round.

That’s rough I’m sorry to hear that. A parent should never have to bury their child. At least he’s watching you play. Think he’s laughing at you when you three putt?

He's too busy playing Xbox I am sure. He never did like golf, even though I tried to get him interested in it.
  • :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS

He's too busy playing Xbox I am sure. He never did like golf, even though I tried to get him interested in it.

Like Mizuno_fan said he is with you on the course man. Much respect for handling it like you are. You are def strong.

SFT. 

SEE IT. FEEL IT. TRUST IT. 

14 hours ago, GSwag said:

I know you had said it before but seeing this post makes me shed a tear again. When you mention xbox and he wasn't that interested in golf it just makes me think of my young son who is similar. I can't think of anything worse. Thoughts are with you and your son GSwag.

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

Archived