TESTERS WANTED! ×

PXG Questions and Meeting.

puttingpirate

Hey guys, 

So - the brand is quite controversial so please do keep it as civil as possible :-))
I'm lucky enough to be going to Scottsdale tomorrow to hang out with PXG at Scottsdale National, go through their fitting experience and swing clinics (one is with Suzy Whaley!!) and play with some pros there. 

I will also have a one-on-one meeting with Bob Parsons - pretty sure you all know who he is 😄
So I thought as the brand is spoken a lot about - I can relay some questions to Bob about PXG. Ideally ones that have not been asked yet!! 

If you have any questions - shoot! 🙂

Hey guys, 
So - the brand is quite controversial so please do keep it as civil as possible :-))
I'm lucky enough to be going to Scottsdale tomorrow to hang out with PXG at Scottsdale National, go through their fitting experience and swing clinics (one is with Suzy Whaley!!) and play with some pros there. 
I will also have a one-on-one meeting with Bob Parsons - pretty sure you all know who he is
So I thought as the brand is spoken a lot about - I can relay some questions to Bob about PXG. Ideally ones that have not been asked yet!! 
If you have any questions - shoot!

Don't have any questions for you, but wow, it'll be quite an experience.

If you don't mind my asking how did this come about.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

I’ve never had a need for their products but you can give them a big thank you on behalf of all Soldiers, Sailors, Airman and Marines. PXG runs a Program for those who serve that is second to none. The discount is just incredible.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Miura MB 502 Irons

ping G400 Driver

Cobra F7 3 wood

Mizuno putter

Mizuno Wedges. 

7 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

Don't have any questions for you, but wow, it'll be quite an experience.

If you don't mind my asking how did this come about.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Not at all 🙂

So my adventure with PXG started literally from the day they announced the clubs. As a massive gear-head I've bought most of the products they released.
I'm also quite vocal and opinionated, so every time I'd be happy (or unhappy) with something I'd let them know, they gave me a few points of contact at the company and we've been communicating for a few years now.

When the gen 2 irons were coming out - they offered me a fitting literally on the day they were announced and I was able to buy them before they were actually released (they were revealed I think March 15, I was playing them by March 29). And again a lot of communication about them etc... 

Then I've done a mini Youtube challange with a mate of mine - playing 30 different courses in 30 days, and they were super supportive of that for god knows what reason.

And a few weeks later I got a call from them asking what I'm up to end of November and if I want to come hang out with Bob and their crew as it would be good to meet. And that's about it really. 

It has to be said tho - that as I talk to quite a few golf brands, PXG has been one of (if not the) most receptive to ideas from just a golfer and seem like a very very fun bunch 😄

Sounds a great experience, keep us appraised.

Why not post your youtube 30 courses video? we all crave any golf when the weather is this bad. We have Storm Diana on us for the next few days, 70mph winds and persistent rain so my planned games this weekend will probably be off........again🙄

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

57 minutes ago, perseveringgolfer said:

Sounds a great experience, keep us appraised.

Why not post your youtube 30 courses video? we all crave any golf when the weather is this bad. We have Storm Diana on us for the next few days, 70mph winds and persistent rain so my planned games this weekend will probably be off........again🙄

haha well the whole channel is just for jokes 🙂

but here it is 🙂

I'm going to pin this topic, as I think it's a great conversation piece for the next day or so. 

I think this is a great opportunity.  Not only for you but for any of the members here to get a first hand look and submit some questions that you might possibly get to ask him during your time.

I have to say, unless I've missed something big time, the overall reception of PXG on this forum is much more positive than the other one's I've seen.   

I've never bought into the criticism that PXG and Bob Parsons are bad for golf.  Sure the clubs are expensive, but appropriately they are damn good clubs that have legit R&D, Technology and top of the line making of them.   Just like cars, as I often say, not everyone certainly not me, can afford a Porsche or even a BMW, but that doesn't mean they are bad for the auto industry.  Quality costs, nothing wrong with that at all

Have fun and hopefully they'll let you take as many pics or videos as you can.  But don't let updating us infringe on the experience, soak it all in, it's certainly a rare opportunity. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

33 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

I'm going to pin this topic, as I think it's a great conversation piece for the next day or so. 

I think this is a great opportunity.  Not only for you but for any of the members here to get a first hand look and submit some questions that you might possibly get to ask him during your time.

I have to say, unless I've missed something big time, the overall reception of PXG on this forum is much more positive than the other one's I've seen.   

I've never bought into the criticism that PXG and Bob Parsons are bad for golf.  Sure the clubs are expensive, but appropriately they are damn good clubs that have legit R&D, Technology and top of the line making of them.   Just like cars, as I often say, not everyone certainly not me, can afford a Porsche or even a BMW, but that doesn't mean they are bad for the auto industry.  Quality costs, nothing wrong with that at all

Have fun and hopefully they'll let you take as many pics or videos as you can.  But don't let updating us infringe on the experience, soak it all in, it's certainly a rare opportunity. 

PXG DS is strong in several places but I’ve seen the positivity towards PXG squash the “hate” in at lest one place. I agree here is pretty good 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

I'd be curious to find out why the staff seems to be thinning out?  Is this due to sales or something else?  It sounds like they dropped Paige Spiranac but kept Anna Rawson for some reason.  I've actually seen Paige hit more golf shots in my life than I've ever seen Anna hit.  Since they only hired both for their looks I'd personally say Paige is better looking and appeals to the "younger" professional crowd than Anna does and Paige has WAY more followers in Instagram.

Charles Howell III also just left and went to Titleist and immediately won.  It doesn't sound like they are going to replace him with anyone in the near future.  

As someone who has the 0311 irons, 0811X driver and a bat attack putter I quite enjoy their products (even though I didn't purchase them for anywhere NEAR what they would sell retail).  Would love to see more equipment come out in the future, especially those prototype drivers they have been posting pictures of.

On a side note, I just converted my 0311 irons into a set of single length irons and can't wait to see how they get on!

My bag is a revolving door!

3 minutes ago, 03trdblack said:

I'd be curious to find out why the staff seems to be thinning out?  Is this due to sales or something else?  It sounds like they dropped Paige Spiranac but kept Anna Rawson for some reason.  I've actually seen Paige hit more golf shots in my life than I've ever seen Anna hit.  Since they only hired both for their looks I'd personally say Paige is better looking and appeals to the "younger" professional crowd than Anna does and Paige has WAY more followers in Instagram.

Charles Howell III also just left and went to Titleist and immediately won.  It doesn't sound like they are going to replace him with anyone in the near future.  

As someone who has the 0311 irons, 0811X driver and a bat attack putter I quite enjoy their products (even though I didn't purchase them for anywhere NEAR what they would sell retail).  Would love to see more equipment come out in the future, especially those prototype drivers they have been posting pictures of.

On a side note, I just converted my 0311 irons into a set of single length irons and can't wait to see how they get on!

Paige did a YouTube video and said she was on a 1 year contract and it ended. She wanted to move onto other things as well so there was no new contract.

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

1 hour ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

PXG DS is strong in several places but I’ve seen the positivity towards PXG squash the “hate” in at lest one place. I agree here is pretty good 

I'm not sure that what may be perceived as "hate" toward PXG as a company is not something else displayed by many.   Perhaps, it is what I will label as the "what about me" attitude.  It was knowing that the price of PXG products were outside of their budgets and because of that circumstance they responded negatively not only toward PXG but perhaps those that did purchase their products as well.  The reason such perceived "hate" was not displayed on this site is specifically the result of one of the purposes or missions of this site--to  understand and evaluate the products of all OEMs .    Those of us that read and follow those evaluations understand that all of the main OEMs are constantly exploring technological advancements.  As such, there are multiple equipment resources to full fill our individuals needs within our budgets and have no need to hold a "what about me" attitude.   

Now for what I personally perceive to be an important question:   Are all of the products available in a right hand model or configuration likewise available in a left hand model.  If so, will it continue to be that way as the company grows and perhaps expands its product lines.

1 hour ago, TheWahoo said:

I'm not sure that what may be perceived as "hate" toward PXG as a company is not something else displayed by many.   Perhaps, it is what I will label as the "what about me" attitude.  It was knowing that the price of PXG products were outside of their budgets and because of that circumstance they responded negatively not only toward PXG but perhaps those that did purchase their products as well.  The reason such perceived "hate" was not displayed on this site is specifically the result of one of the purposes or missions of this site--to  understand and evaluate the products of all OEMs .    Those of us that read and follow those evaluations understand that all of the main OEMs are constantly exploring technological advancements.  As such, there are multiple equipment resources to full fill our individuals needs within our budgets and have no need to hold a "what about me" attitude.   

Now for what I personally perceive to be an important question:   Are all of the products available in a right hand model or configuration likewise available in a left hand model.  If so, will it continue to be that way as the company grows and perhaps expands its product lines.

I haven’t looked into all of their product lines but from what I have seen everything in RG is available in LH. 

Something of note is some lefties who ordered gen1 irons via either the heroes discount or the standard 50% off discount to everyone else received gen2 at no extra charge due to inventory not being there for gen1. Now that the inventory of lefty gen1 is back those who order gen1 get gen1. I think it was awesome of the company to not have any delay in the making/shipping of clubs due to backorders 

30 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

I haven’t looked into all of their product lines but from what I have seen everything in RG is available in LH. 

Something of note is some lefties who ordered gen1 irons via either the heroes discount or the standard 50% off discount to everyone else received gen2 at no extra charge due to inventory not being there for gen1. Now that the inventory of lefty gen1 is back those who order gen1 get gen1. I think it was awesome of the company to not have any delay in the making/shipping of clubs due to backorders 

Like you, I applaud the efforts of the company for those that ordered the discounted gen 1 irons.  But that does suggest an interesting question regarding their future product line availability.   I just assumed (showing that one should never assume) that the gen 1 items were discounted to deplete the inventory with the introduction of gen 2.   Given that the gen 1 inventory was replenished, does that mean that gen 1 as a product line at a lower price will continue.   Is it the business plan to continue offering previous generation products at lower prices. I would think that could increase their market share by providing products that better meet the budgets of the Average Joe, yet maintain their high end image via the new generation of products.   But then again, ya can't please everyone, so I guess some would say, why should I buy their lesser products. 

35 minutes ago, TheWahoo said:

Like you, I applaud the efforts of the company for those that ordered the discounted gen 1 irons.  But that does suggest an interesting question regarding their future product line availability.   I just assumed (showing that one should never assume) that the gen 1 items were discounted to deplete the inventory with the introduction of gen 2.   Given that the gen 1 inventory was replenished, does that mean that gen 1 as a product line at a lower price will continue.   Is it the business plan to continue offering previous generation products at lower prices. I would think that could increase their market share by providing products that better meet the budgets of the Average Joe, yet maintain their high end image via the new generation of products.   But then again, ya can't please everyone, so I guess some would say, why should I buy their lesser products. 

I have not seen a date that the discount will end but it’s being advertised as a limited time. I know from talking to a fitter friend and a few other people the military/first responder discount has been a huge success and caused them to be 4+  weeks to receive, build and ship orders during the first couple months.  I think this success probably has them extending it longer than planned because after all company I bringing in money. Being that they don’t have regular release cycles the gen2s will be around for awhile and will get pushed once they stop the discount on gen1. It was 3 years between the two releases.

19 hours ago, puttingpirate said:

Hey guys, 

can I ask in what way is the brand controversial? 

What's in my Mizuno BR-D2 bag

OFFICIAL TESTER FOR THE PING i500 CLUBS.

Currently playing Ping i500 w/ Alta CB graphite shafts 

:mizuno-small: MP 25 - fitted w/ Project X shafts - stiff

:titelist-small: 60  / 56  :mizuno-small: 52

:titelist-small: 910 D2 driver - 9.5 degree -fitted13   F 3 wood 13.5 deg   :nike-small: CPR 3 hybrid

:nike-small: Method mallet

Dexterity:

I shoot left-handed so no one can ask me "Hey, can I try that club?" 

Twitter @GolfingHat      Instagram  @Mizunostixgolfnut

6 minutes ago, Har in the Hat said:

can I ask in what way is the brand controversial? 

Most have an issue with the brashness, arrogance of Parsons and others with the price.

many have knocked the product without trying it and saying the price doesn’t match performance.  There are some that feel this type of brand is bad for the game.  

1 hour ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Most have an issue with the brashness, arrogance of Parsons and others with the price.

many have knocked the product without trying it and saying the price doesn’t match performance.  There are some that feel this type of brand is bad for the game.  

thanks for the clarification

What's in my Mizuno BR-D2 bag

OFFICIAL TESTER FOR THE PING i500 CLUBS.

Currently playing Ping i500 w/ Alta CB graphite shafts 

:mizuno-small: MP 25 - fitted w/ Project X shafts - stiff

:titelist-small: 60  / 56  :mizuno-small: 52

:titelist-small: 910 D2 driver - 9.5 degree -fitted13   F 3 wood 13.5 deg   :nike-small: CPR 3 hybrid

:nike-small: Method mallet

Dexterity:

I shoot left-handed so no one can ask me "Hey, can I try that club?" 

Twitter @GolfingHat      Instagram  @Mizunostixgolfnut

So, just got here. 

If you haven't seen the place - even in the dark it's spectacular

Pretty sure Christina Kim and some other PXG staffers are in the bar. 

I'm just enjoying a few local brews as one should by one of the outdoor fire places.

I've been to some nice places but damn i could get used to it!

And damn i left my tripod at the airport! Hopefully amazon delivers here 😂

BDB7BDD8-9163-45AF-9E07-8228442E2891.jpeg

Apparently Tony C is going to be there the next couple days as well.  Be sure and check in with him.

9 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Apparently Tony C is going to be there the next couple days as well.  Be sure and check in with him.

Awesome! 

This place is so good. We don't have clubs like that in Europe 😞

Woke up to a nice swag bag!

And the villas are pretty dope too 😉

Spending the day at PXG HQ today. Which will probably hurt my wallet but hey - never enough golf gear. Am I right or am I right? 🙄😊

0E965D2C-A84F-4AE4-B229-C4E05420C515.jpeg

1 hour ago, puttingpirate said:

Awesome! 

This place is so good. We don't have clubs like that in Europe 😞

Woke up to a nice swag bag!

And the villas are pretty dope too 😉

Spending the day at PXG HQ today. Which will probably hurt my wallet but hey - never enough golf gear. Am I right or am I right? 🙄😊

7B4B40AF-D743-4BC7-96E8-CFF6DC507720.MOV

0E965D2C-A84F-4AE4-B229-C4E05420C515.jpeg

You're right!

Gotta admit without even knowing what's in the SWAG Bag, I'm pretty jealous.   I'm sure it's going to be a great day, can't wait to hear about it.

Cool, we understand from Tony a lot of stuff is under embargo, so we know you can't share any forbidden fruit, but I think any stories you have about the whole experience would be pretty cool to hear. 

8 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Cool, we understand from Tony a lot of stuff is under embargo, so we know you can't share any forbidden fruit, but I think any stories you have about the whole experience would be pretty cool to hear. 

I am interested in hearing about the experience as well.   In the event, that I learn that I would want a PXG product and the wife asks why them, my plan is:   My wife was born and raised in the Fells Point area of Baltimore, so I will just tell her the guy that makes the clubs was raised in Highlandtown, which is just down the road a piece.  

🙂

I haven't been to an event like this before - so I didn't have any expectations; but it was the bomb.

We were really treated like part of the PXG family from the moment we landed at Phoenix airport.
I know some of the guys had an Escalade shuttle them to the course, but as I didn't want to bother anyone - I took an uber and arrived there in 30minutes or so.

Even in the dark the place looked pretty good. You could see, what I thought were bonfires but were actually just open pit fireplaces all around the two clubhouses. Pretty awesome if you ask me to sit outside till late night by the fire 🙂

First day at breakfast (the food was spectacular) I met a fellow Brit based in Dubai and we planned a quick game, but unfortunately they had different plans for us 😞
An awesome lady named Kim picked us up (as Jin Park just arrived at the clubhouse) and took us to the PXG head office where we've been met by another PXG legend - Leela - who gave us a tour of the facilities. 

We saw all the prototypes from when PXG started in a caravan 🙂 to all the new fitting places, building facilities. We were encouraged to ask anything you really wondered, but I'm not 100% sure how much of that I can share on a public forum 🙂
Then got introduced to their staff and Bobs' right hand man followed by lunch and a few beers. 

After lunch I got dropped off back to the HQ where I had a putter fitting for the new Operator Darkness - cause as we all know - when you start struggling with putting - you just need to buy a new one and it's gonna be all fine.
Few minutes with Matt, obviously I sank 20 puts in a row from anywhere so I was sold ( New Operator )

Back to the compound, drinks, range, drinks and then welcome dinner with Bob.
Not sure if it was luck of the draw, or intentional but the seating plan was awesome.

We were 3 Matts sat next to each other. Myself, Matt Rollins - their Director of Tour Operations (with obviously the best stories about players), Matt Adams (from the Golf Channel), next to me was Suzy Whaley (my new BFF and the president of PGA of America) and Lydia Ko (that I don't think needs any intro) ( Lydia, Myself and some random guy ) 

It was so much fun it's hard to describe. We were mingling with all their tour players, celebs you see on TV or people that you read their articles. Pretty awesome.
Few bottles of wine/whisky later we did a little hanging out by the fire and went to bed.

Next day a lot of juice and a breakfast burito hit the spot very well cause my head was a tiny bit sore (jetlag of course). 

We did some stuff I can't talk about 😄 followed by the PXG fitting experience, followed by a lesson with Drew Steckel. PGA tour coach with pretty impressive CV for his age. 
A lot of people were confused about how the 'clinics' worked, so I ended up spending a good few hours working on my game with him as others went in and out.

We then played the 'Bad little 9'. Worlds most difficult 9 holes par 27.
And damn it's hard. You pick up at tripple bogey, and I've picked up many times without being able to stop on the green at all.

Another dinner, another amazing food, another booze up. This time I got _everyone_ drunk 😄 

Next morning we did more work on the range, followed by a round of golf. I played with Simon Daddow, Brian Urlacher, Ryann O'Toole, Suzy Whaley and Wyndham Clark. 
In the evening we went to Scottsdale for a very relaxed and informal dinner as most people have left by then.

Next day - back to London 🙂
It was a lot a lot a lot of fun 🙂

Hopefully they'll invite me again 😄

EDIT: One thing I need to remember - Americans and British Sarcasm mix as well as water and oil. So I've insulted one or another person probably about every 15minutes while there 😞

IMG_6063.jpeg

IMG_6062.jpeg

IMG_6065.jpeg

IMG_6064.jpeg

Thanks for sharing your experience! Sounds like a once in a lifetime event to attend.

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

Great right up and pics- thank you for sharing.

I'm intrigued about what you can't share with us, is it that sensitive or just manners?

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

4 hours ago, perseveringgolfer said:

Great right up and pics- thank you for sharing.

I'm intrigued about what you can't share with us, is it that sensitive or just manners?

It's a bit of both. A lot more is gonna come out next year. Together with a video from the Friday Night Club visiting PXG. There really is a lot of stuff I'd love to share. 

Like the interview with Bob but unfortunately he was too candid (which I think is awesome btw) for it to be released. But yeah... Some content will be coming out for sure 😂

Archived