Forum Org Change: Reviews Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
tony@CIC

Tiger's hole in one drought

Prior to this weekend Tiger has had 19 hole in ones in his career. However, it's been 20 years since he's had another one which happened this past weekend.

Here's an excerpt from a USAToday article:

Woods had been stuck on No. 19 since he reached that mark in the now defunct International in Colorado in 1998. That was his third ace on the PGA Tour in as many years – his first came in his first PGA Tour start as a pro in the 1996 Greater Milwaukee Open; his second was his most famous, the ace on the 16th hole in the Waste Management Phoenix Open that ignited an eruption from the raucous crowd, many who filled the air with empty beer cups.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Hey, I went over 30 years between #1 and #2.   In the interim, my wife had HER first and second. Now we're tied at three apiece, even though I've been playing for 20 years more than she has.  I have no sympathy for the man!

• Like 2

Yeah, no real sympathy from me either. I've had zero, I don't know anyone who has had any so he has more than his fair share. 

Although, I have much less than 1/19 of his talent so I guess it makes sense. 

Edited by GB13
  • Like 2

I've never had one or even seen one (except on tv)! I thought it was interesting that someone of his skill would go that long without one.

• Like 2

I've never had one or even seen one (except on tv)! I thought it was interesting that someone of his skill would go that long without one.

I agree it is probably more likely for a player of tiger’s skill. However I watched my uncle get one with a 5 wood that never got more than 3 feet off the ground on a 155yd hole. I was happy for him and disgusted at the same time, so who knows.

I will get one someday! I just know it.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 5

What’s everyone thoughts on woods? I mean does he seriously have anything left? He used to be the young gun slinger everyone tried to keep up with but now he is trying to keep up with Rory, DJ, Speith, etc. I mean I wouldn’t mind seeing him get back to the old form, but it’s gonna be rough for him to keep up.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

8 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

Didnt Rory only get his first tour hole in one last year? not sure how many he's had off camera though.

35 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

I wonder if you asked him that he'd know right off hand how many lifetime aces he's had?  

How could he forget?? Maybe if they were an everyday occurrence - but I don''t think that happens even to the best of players, based on what I see on TV when they make one.  

2 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

How could he forget?? Maybe if they were an everyday occurrence - but I don''t think that happens even to the best of players, based on what I see on TV when they make one.  

True, but his trophy room is a wee bit more packed than most.  

• Like 1