Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

2 Flights, 2 broken clubs

bryancassady

On a recent flight from Brussels to Agadir TuiFly broke one of my clubs. On the flight back, they broke one of my wife’s clubs. I said they are responsible for showing reasonable care. Their reply “we are not responsible for anything that happens to your clubs”

Have you had similar issues with TuiFly/ other airlines ?
Any thoughts/ suggestions on how to get them to pay for damages?

TUI what happened to your clubs.jpg

Im sorry to hear that! Very crappy situation. Fortunately I've never had any clubs break while flying, but I would continue calling back and maybe around some point you'll get a sympathetic customer service rep who will help you with replacing the clubs.
Not sure if it would apply for you or if you have similar systems where you live, but as a golf Canada member you get club insurance so if a club breaks or is lost or stolen you can put a claim in with them.

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

Go to Social Media and make your complaint public......I.e. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. I am sure that Tuifly has a presence there.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

From what I’ve seen most airlines aren’t/don’t take responsibility for clubs that are transported in soft cases. 

I hope they help you out.

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Follow the baggage damage procedures which generally require written notification of the damage. TUI seems to give you 7 days to report.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Airlines suck (all of them), pure and simple.  The only thing that I would do when I travel is to only travel with older clubs, and not my latest set, so if a club breaks, or the bag is lost I still have my current clubs at home.

Good luck to you as you try and find a sympathetic ear.  The only other thing that popped into my head is, did you have travel insurance?  With golf clubs costing about $2,000 a bag or more, I'd sure as heck put some insurance down on those babies.  That way, regardless of the lack of anything from the airlines you can replace the clubs that they destroyed.

And you can always hire a lawyer.  Usually a firmly worded letter from an attorney might elicit some rapid reaction from the legal department of an airline.  I wouldn't hold my breath, but what have you got to lose?

• :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS

First question would be what type of case were your clubs in?  If it was a soft case or no case, then they are not responsible at all.  If you fly with clubs, you need to have a hard travel case.  

• Driver:  Cobra LTDx Max
  • 5 wood, 7 wood:  Cobra Speedzone
  • 5 hybrid: Callaway Forged CB 24*
  • Irons: Sub 70 699 (6), 659MB Raw (7-PW)
  • Wedges: Sub70 286 50*, Edel 55*, 60*
  • Putter:  PXG Bat Attack

Hail Southern and no place else!!  

+1 for taking it to social media or Yelp. If they care about that stuff they will quickly make right on it.

Sent from my VS988 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Ping G410 LST 10.5 w/ Fujikura Motore F3 60X

Callaway X2 Hot 2 Deep 12.5* 

Adams XTD LSP 23* hybrid Aldila rogue black 85X

Nike VR Pro II Blades 5-PW w/ Modus 120X

Nike Wedges

PXG Putter

Nothing to add on the damages part but curious how they were put in the bag, they type of cover, etc. Could be good for others to learn.

When I traveled over the summer with bags, I took the heads off my driver and 3 wood and put a big towel around the top of my bag. 

Driver-  :taylormade-small:  2016 M2 12* Tensei Red Stiff

Wood(s)- :ping-small:  G400 5 Wood 16.9*/ 7 Wood 21.1* Alta CB Stiff

Irons-:mizuno-small:   JPX 900 Forged 6-GW NS Pro 950GH 

Wedges- :cleveland-small:   RTX 3 54*  588 RTX 2.0  58*   RTX 4 64*

Putter-  :taylormade-small:  Spider Tour Black 

Instagram- @patrickleeleep

Just came back from vacation to Costa Rica. Clubs arrived safely but 1 piece of baggage was missing. Glad it showed up 3 days later.

I used a soft travel case with some padding and removed the heads, stored them separately with the golf shoes. And used a lot of padding for the end of the shaft: towel, bubble wrap, paper, etc. And I also found one of those cardboard cyclinders that was a tad longer than the shaft which was perfect.

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

Archived