TESTERS WANTED! ×

MGS Podcast #3 - The Best Year for Drivers Ever?

null

Will 2019 be the best year for drivers ever?

We think so. Golfers in the market for a new driver will have more choices than ever and that’s exciting. In the golf industry, however, nobody is up without somebody else going down. Which brands are poised to gain ground in the market and which risk dipping a bit?

Keeping it in-house for this episode, MyGolfSpy owner, Adam Beach, and Editor, Tony Covey, discuss how the market is shaping up and make their predictions for a 2019 Most Wanted Winner.

Have a listen.

https://mygolfspy.com/mygolfspy-insider-podcast-episode-3-the-best-year-for-drivers-ever/

You are just starting this thread so we can comment on your getting a shout out from Adam.

Of course he seemed to be telling you to wait before buying another driver.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

6 minutes ago, cnosil said:

You are just starting this thread so we can comment on your getting a shout out from Adam.

Of course he seemed to be telling you to wait before buying another driver. 

Haha when I heard my name I nearly spit out my protein shake.  I then had to replay that section 4 times to confirm he was actually saying it.

And then there was @Tony Covey MGS at the end of the podcast:

"Don't buy a driver until March!"

Me looking at my TS2 :
Image result for michael scott oops gif

On 11/29/2018 at 2:48 PM, jlukes said:

Haha when I heard my name I nearly spit out my protein shake.  I then had to replay that section 4 times to confirm he was actually saying it.

And then there was @Tony Covey MGS at the end of the podcast:

"Don't buy a driver until March!"

Me looking at my TS2 :
Image result for michael scott oops gif

I'm right there with you!  I've hit the TS2 already at a demo day with Titeist and for me it out performed the G400 LST.  

As Adam mentioned, I'll be curious to see how Ping handles the movable weights.  Is it an attempt to try to bring out something to up the G400 series, or did they actually do it?

I think one of the main things holding Mizuno back is the lack of representation on the tours.  I think if they could get someone like Koepka, who's already playing their irons out of contract, then I think their sales could jump exponentially. 

Driver: Callaway Rogue ST Max
3 Wood: Taylormade SIM
3 Utility Iron: Srixon U85
4i – 5i: Taylormade P790
6i – AW: Taylormade P770
SW: Taylormade MG3 TW Grind
LW: Taylormade Hi-Toe 3 Low Bounce
Putter: PXG Battle Ready One & Done

2 minutes ago, goaliewales14 said:

I'm right there with you!  I've hit the TS2 already at a demo day with Titeist and for me it out performed the G400 LST.  

As Adam mentioned, I'll be curious to see how Ping handles the movable weights.  Is it an attempt to try to bring out something to up the G400 series, or did they actually do it?

I think one of the main things holding Mizuno back is the lack of representation on the tours.  I think if they could get someone like Koepka, who's already playing their irons out of contract, then I think their sales could jump exponentially. 

100% agree. Mizuno makes great woods but that isn't know to the non-forum golfer. Ask 10 weekend golfers and 9 will tell you Mizuno doesn't make golf clubs at all. They just don't have the name recognition, tour presence, or advertising program to conquer the North American market. If they got their name out more, sales would skyrocket.  

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

Archived