Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

100 Chips a Day

LeftyHawk

What's your trajectory look like with the 58 compared to the 54? Could be that your trying to loft it into the basket and the lower trajectory just works better for this exercise (assuming that's the case). I will definitely have to follow your plan though. I have a similar basket and seem to miss a lot. Could be a similar situation though now that I think about it. I always try to use my 60, but maybe my 56 would be better. I've switched to using my 56 yardage for layup distances and have seen dramatic improvements in accuracy. Hmmmm.....

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

TR 1PTIK

Like you I'm not sure why the 58 is proving to be temperamental, I will definitely look closer at the trajectory between the 58 and the others. My thinking right now is to keep the 58 for sand and flop shots. Time will tell and when I can get out on the course and try them in a more realistic setting.

But I can tell you after approximately 1400 shots so far the 54 for chips 10 yards and under is my go to club.

Chris

Far and Sure......

:callaway-small:          GBB Epic  11*             

:callaway-small:               GBB Epic 7W (Heavenwood)

:ping-small::             G410 4 thru GW

:callaway-logo-1:   MD3 54*,60*                                                         

:cleveland-small:         Huntington Beach Soft #4

:bridgestone-small:   Tour B RX

• 2 weeks later...

*Update*

Things have progressed better than I expected. Today's numbers with the 50 degree wedge are 88% in the net. I'm finding at this point after the first couple of shots I get into a groove, almost like I don't even think about it, just hit the shot. I'm really looking forward to spring (which seems like an eternity from now) how this translates to the course. Mostly the roll out on the green. It's 7 yards to my net so I'm guessing about 4 yard rool out depending on conditions.

I've also added in 15 putts after the chipping.

Chris

Far and Sure......

:callaway-small:          GBB Epic  11*             

:callaway-small:               GBB Epic 7W (Heavenwood)

:ping-small::             G410 4 thru GW

:callaway-logo-1:   MD3 54*,60*                                                         

:cleveland-small:         Huntington Beach Soft #4

:bridgestone-small:   Tour B RX

Archived