TESTERS WANTED! ×

Driver head weights

Would be a good resource because if it had that info it surely would have more other interesting factiods too.

Keep in mind with todays drivers you may have to ask weather that includes the adjustable tip.

Driver - 44.5" 5.0 flex 10.5 deg Graphite Design XC 6S GP MCC4+ 1 deg closed

Irons - 5-pw, GW stnd length 5.0 flex same grip 1 deg flat. Type low medium offset cavity back, no diggers

Wedges - 56 and 60 tour grind wedge spinner and mcc4+ grip 2 flat 10 and 8 in bounce

Putter - Makefield VS LH

Ball - truvis

Carried in a Sun Mountain C-130 USA bag - BE PROUD.

HC - LH but 85 is a good number, playing in Ohio.

Some of the brands have it on their website in the spec section. 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Yeah, that would be interesting. For one, I know I play better with a heavier driver head, it makes it feel more solid and connected at impact and provides higher ball speed for me. It'd be a good fitting tool. 

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

1 hour ago, GB13 said:

Yeah, that would be interesting. For one, I know I play better with a heavier driver head, it makes it feel more solid and connected at impact and provides higher ball speed for me. It'd be a good fitting tool. 

Yes, my swing is better, and I make better contact with a heavy driver.  Lighter ones are harder for me to control.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

I picked up a set of weights off of eBay for my G400. Set came with 3g, 5g, 7g, 9g, 11g & 13g options. They all weighed perfectly with their screws that were included. The factory weight (and screw) were 7g. After a lot of trial & error, I wound up settling in on the 9g since I saw better consistency and less fade. Indeed, this should be part of the professional fitting process in my opinion.

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

19 minutes ago, PING Apologist #9 said:

I picked up a set of weights off of eBay for my G400. Set came with 3g, 5g, 7g, 9g, 11g & 13g options. They all weighed perfectly with their screws that were included. The factory weight (and screw) were 7g. After a lot of trial & error, I wound up settling in on the 9g since I saw better consistency and less fade. Indeed, this should be part of the professional fitting process in my opinion.

For titleist their fitters and pro shops get the weight kits and it’s part of dialing in the fitting if needed. This might be something that gets done at places like TXG for some brands like ping. In my ping fitting with their fitters from AZ it was not part of the fitting process, they did ask what swing weight I wanted when they were writing up the order.

Imo it’s a situation of local pro shops and demo days not always having the time to dive deep into that type of detail and can fit the vast majority of golfers into head and shaft without needing these. 

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

12 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

For titleist their fitters and pro shops get the weight kits and it’s part of dialing in the fitting if needed. This might be something that gets done at places like TXG for some brands like ping. In my ping fitting with their fitters from AZ it was not part of the fitting process, they did ask what swing weight I wanted when they were writing up the order.

Imo it’s a situation of local pro shops and demo days not always having the time to dive deep into that type of detail and can fit the vast majority of golfers into head and shaft without needing these. 

How the heck does one know what swing weight he wants/needs? Shouldn't he player & fitter come to that conclusion together?

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

4 hours ago, PING Apologist #9 said:

How the heck does one know what swing weight he wants/needs? Shouldn't he player & fitter come to that conclusion together?

Of course and in my fitting we discussed together. Imo a good fitter will know if the golfer is knowledgeable enough to know what weight he/she wants or if the golfer feels like the weight in the demo head is good, too light or too heavy and then talk about if they should change or not.

Archived