Testers Announced! Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Drivers and Autoflex Dream 7 Shafts! ×

The Greatest Showman!

perseveringgolfer

OK, I'm late to the party on this one.........watched it last night and loved every second. Beautifully told, great acting, great story, great Direction, outstanding songs.

Just sharing in case anyone else, like me, hasn't bothered watching.......yet!

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

8 minutes ago, perseveringgolfer said:

OK, I'm late to the party on this one.........watched it last night and loved every second. Beautifully told, great acting, great story, great Direction, outstanding songs.

Just sharing in case anyone else, like me, hasn't bothered watching.......yet!

When the trailer first came out my wife wanted to go see it and I told her no way am I going to a modern day musical.  In August we took a family vacation to your neck of the woods, Ireland and Scotland.  With an 8 hour flight there wasn't much to do but sleep and watch movies.  Towards the end of the flight I had run out of movies that had interested me and my wife said she had just watched The Greatest Showman and it was really good.  I figured why not, I will give it a look.  Glad I did as like you I thought it was a great story told beautifully.  

It wasn't easy to admit to my wife that I was wrong and she was right, especially when overseas on a vacation.  I never heard then end of it!

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

We loved the movie! My 5 year old has most of the soundtrack memorized.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

:wilson_staff_small:  Cortex w/MGS Motore X F1 7X tipped 1"

:wilson_staff_small: F5 17 degree hybrid w/Rogue Black 85X

:wilson_staff_small:C300 Forged 3-5 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V6 5-6 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: Staff Model Blade 7-PW w/C-Taper 130X

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52, 56, 60 w/S400 Tour Issue

:EVNROLL: ER7

My wife loved it and is obsessed with the sound track.  Oddly enough Hugh Jackman just announced a huge arena concert tour for next year.  Doing a bunch of stuff from this, Les Mis, his broadway shoes etc...  I'm thinking tickets would make a great present for SWMBO

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

4 hours ago, hckymeyer said:

My wife loved it and is obsessed with the sound track.  Oddly enough Hugh Jackman just announced a huge arena concert tour for next year.  Doing a bunch of stuff from this, Les Mis, his broadway shoes etc...  I'm thinking tickets would make a great present for SWMBO

ah yes, the unforgettable 'sole' songs 😋

4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Have it recorded.........I like musicals.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

A beautiful film, I loved it. My wife catches me singing This is Me to my 1 year old daughter every so often and joins in.

I wish there were more films like this being made.

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

I watched it again last night- it makes movies like LA LA Land look like a school project.

Great movie. I've seen it several times. Can't help but be surprised by how talented Hugh Jackman is, and I'm not sure why it surprises me.

Sent from my XT1585 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I always try to remember that I'm not good enough to get mad!

My Bag:

:ping-small:  G400 Max

:ping-small:  G30 3W

:cobra-small: King S9-1 5W

:taylormade-small: Aeroburner 3 Rescue/Hybrid

:ping-small: G400  5-UW

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52* and 56*

:rife-putters-1: 2Bar Mallet

:ping-small: Traverse II Cart Bag

Agree with the rest. Really liked it.
Right up there with seven brides for seven brothers

Grip n Rip it

Chicks dig the LONG ball

In my :callaway-small: staff bag

:cobra-small: King F7+ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro White 60 - Graphite Tour X-Stiff

:755178188_TourEdge:  CBX 13.5 3 Wood

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Atomic Irons 4-AW (reviewing)

:cleveland-small: CG16 Satin 52*

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 56* and 60*

Sentio Sierra 101-M Putter

Proud tester of the Tommy Armour ATOMIC Irons 

Well I spent 2 hrs on my ipad last night listening to the songs, watching youtube videos and how to play the songs on the piano (I cant play the piano so go figure).

I think I'm a little obsessed with this movie just now lol 😉 

On 12/3/2018 at 7:09 AM, perseveringgolfer said:

I watched it again last night- it makes movies like LA LA Land look like a school project.

Alright, sneaky musical theatre nerd here. Interestingly enough, the music for La La Land and The Greatest Showman were both done by Pasek and Paul, the song writing team. I think the difference here is that their musical style lends better to a bigger production musical that feels like a stage adaptation to the screen like Greatest Showman over something a bit more introspective like La La Land, which was decided an older school musical film.

Also, in between the two they had this little show called Dear Evan Hansen, which is getting produced into a film, and I think that really allowed them to find their voice and it only helped in staging and producing the score for The Greatest Showman with the proper bombast.

Also, shout out to Seven Brides For Seven Brothers, good pull by Big Tazz. 

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

... Hate to admit it, especially as an actor, but I detest musicals. From the show tunes to the egregious over acting they are just not my thing at all. That said, when I was in Orlando last year we hit a cold snap and it got down into 20's for a day so I went to the movies and saw 3 films in one day. There was a gap between the 2nd and 3rd film so I stopped in to see the beginning of The Greatest Showman figuring I would hate it but better than sitting in the lobby for 30 minutes. 

... To my surprise I loved it and stayed for the entire film. I enjoyed it so much I bought the Blu Ray and watched it again at home. Almost all of the dancing is actual dancing, not a chimney sweep dancing while doing their work kinda thing. I also don't think the music is like traditional show tunes and of course it is just such a wonderful story, which is really what film making is all about. So even if you hate musicals, I would highly recommend watching this one because it is unlike any musical I have ever suffered thru. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

6 hours ago, chisag said:

... Hate to admit it, especially as an actor, but I detest musicals. From the show tunes to the egregious over acting they are just not my thing at all. That said, when I was in Orlando last year we hit a cold snap and it got down into 20's for a day so I went to the movies and saw 3 films in one day. There was a gap between the 2nd and 3rd film so I stopped in to see the beginning of The Greatest Showman figuring I would hate it but better than sitting in the lobby for 30 minutes. 

... To my surprise I loved it and stayed for the entire film. I enjoyed it so much I bought the Blu Ray and watched it again at home. Almost all of the dancing is actual dancing, not a chimney sweep dancing while doing their work kinda thing. I also don't think the music is like traditional show tunes and of course it is just such a wonderful story, which is really what film making is all about. So even if you hate musicals, I would highly recommend watching this one because it is unlike any musical I have ever suffered thru. 

I can only assume you bought tickets for all of those movies

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

... As a 35 year SAG member most theaters just have me show my SAG card, sign in and the tickets are comped. But indeed I do let them know I will be attending 3 shows. Unfortunately when Showmen let out the box office was closed, partially why I bought the Blu Ray. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

Archived