TESTERS WANTED! ×

i-Mix???

Lately I've been messing around with shafts, and was wondering what the consensus is on the i-mix? Is there a difference in performance between i-mix and the glued (non i-mix)?

Also- will the FT Tour be an i-mix head? i don't see anything about it being i-mix on the callaway site.

Yes, the i-mix is AWESOME and no, the FT Tour will not be available in the I-mix setup.

I LOVE the i-mix though and will be getting some different shafts come summer time to try out, i.e. Diamana Whiteboard, Protopype and maybe a Kai'li. Just click and go! Plus, I like the look of the i-mix too over the stick and glue FT-9, but that's just me.

Current bag: Some Callaway, some Cleveland. Down to 2 OEM's!

if i'm not mistaken, the shafts for i-mix are cheaper than the glued shafts, but perform the same.

Yep. They are the same as the glued shafts. Exact same. They are prepped with the imix adapter.

not as expensive though right? saw fubuki imix going in the 130 range. they are upwards of 250 with no adapter right?

Yes. The pricing is fantastic!

not as expensive though right? saw fubuki imix going in the 130 range. they are upwards of 250 with no adapter right?

Might have something to do with the fact that consumers are lukewarm at best to iMix. Callaway might just be stuck with thousands of shafts that they have to sell. I could be wrong though. It happened. Once. In 1984.

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

• SPY VIP

Anyone recommend the FT5 head? I got in on the deal with the FTi and Fubuki Imix for $50 on black Friday. Not liking the head though. Should I try the FT9? My normal stick is a Nike 5000. Round head seems more familiar, but there is no place to demo them.

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

Anyone recommend the FT5 head? I got in on the deal with the FTi and Fubuki Imix for $50 on black Friday. Not liking the head though. Should I try the FT9? My normal stick is a Nike 5000. Round head seems more familiar, but there is no place to demo them.

I personally can't stand the FT5, but LOVE the FT9 Tour. Cally made ALL the right improvements on the FT9. Yes. The FT9 is SO much better it's not even close, IMHGO.

• SPY VIP

I personally can't stand the FT5, but LOVE the FT9 Tour. Cally made ALL the right improvements on the FT9. Yes. The FT9 is SO much better it's not even close, IMHGO.

Thanks for the info. I was leaning this way, but Cally preowned had the FT5 head for about $60. I'll check their sales and then snag a FT9.

Volvo Intorqueo

+1 on the FT-9 tour. A low spin cannon. Enjoy.

Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Thanks for the info. I was leaning this way, but Cally preowned had the FT5 head for about $60. I'll check their sales and then snag a FT9.

Yes, you will be happy that you did. The FT5 head is extraordinarily metallic sounding. Now, this depends on whether you liked the FT-3 Tour sound or not. FOR ME, I loved the sound of the FT-3, and the Cally improved upon the sound and went back to the FT-3 sound with the FT-9. The FT-5 was very metallic and I personally didn't care for it at all. With that said, I know guys that loved it, as well as Alvaro Quiros just CRUSHES the FT-5 Tour. Whew. He is fun to watch. But for me, the FT-9 is IT.

Have you tried the FT-Tour yet?? MMMMMmmmmmmmm

• SPY VIP

Score another 1 for the I-MIX system, although I do wish they'd revamp it into a traditional hosel design (dreaming of FT Tour compatibility, I suppose). Between ebay and the golfwrx for sales forums, you should be able to find a Fubuki shaft for under $115 (that's how I got mine). Love the feel of the Fubuki, but the ProForce V2 still performs the best for me. If somebody could turn me on to a similar performing shaft to the V2, but with better feel, I'd love to hear about it.

My other thoughts...Shame on Callaway for not making the adapters themselves available for purchase. There's no good reason for it, except for the them to sell more of their shafts.

Regarding performance (prefaced by saying I'm not a professional clubmaker), my understanding is that there's a bit more tip trimming involved with the I-MIX adapter, so the shafts (when measured for frequency) are close to, but not exactly equal to their non-I-MIX counterparts.

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

Score another 1 for the I-MIX system, although I do wish they'd revamp it into a traditional hosel design (dreaming of FT Tour compatibility, I suppose). Between ebay and the golfwrx for sales forums, you should be able to find a Fubuki shaft for under $115 (that's how I got mine). Love the feel of the Fubuki, but the ProForce V2 still performs the best for me. If somebody could turn me on to a similar performing shaft to the V2, but with better feel, I'd love to hear about it.

My other thoughts...Shame on Callaway for not making the adapters themselves available for purchase. There's no good reason for it, except for the them to sell more of their shafts.

Regarding performance (prefaced by saying I'm not a professional clubmaker), my understanding is that there's a bit more tip trimming involved with the I-MIX adapter, so the shafts (when measured for frequency) are close to, but not exactly equal to their non-I-MIX counterparts.

True, but that goes for ALL of them that offer interchangeability, not just Callaway. There are people everyday selling excellent condition i-mix adapters. Yes, I've read that there's a bit more tip trimming involved, and they'll play at a minimum true to flex, if not a tad more.

• SPY VIP

Callawaypreowned,com had a 30% off imix sale a while ago, but I missed it. Shafts and heads all 30% off with 30 day returns.

Volvo Intorqueo

Archived