Testers Wanted! AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

"INTERACTIVE GOLF CLUB REVIEW SYSTEM" - (MEMBER FEEDBACK)

GolfSpy_X

This is tremendous. I really like all the raw data and being able to narrow it down to the just the clubs I'm interested in. If I could offer one "complaint," I would have liked to know how forgiving each iron was on mis-hits (perhaps show a distance dispersion). Great review overall, thanks, MGS!

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

• SPY VIP

This is tremendous. I really like all the raw data and being able to narrow it down to the just the clubs I'm interested in. If I could offer one "complaint," I would have liked to know how forgiving each iron was on mis-hits (perhaps show a distance dispersion). Great review overall, thanks, MGS!

We have the capabilities to show dispersion and I would love to do it. I'm definitely trying to figure out how to make it work. The issue is that on a larger test we might collect data from 6-9 golfers, hitting upwards of 20 shots each with 5-10 different golf clubs. Imagine showing all those plot points within a relatively small area (the screen starts to look like there was a paintball accident). Filtering does provide some options however, so our approach may be to provide a blank canvas and then let the user select the clubs and golfers from which they'd like to see shots.

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

Intriguing!

I was able to deselect those irons that I really wasn't interested in and only look at three irons, along with the average. Helps to fine tune, or select the points one may consider important.....like weighing Accuracy & Distance.

I would like to see a price tag in a graph rather than have to select "Buy It Now" to get a single price.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

The only gripe I have (and it's really more with the review than the system itself) is that accuracy is a little misleading. In all the other categories (I think) the longer the bar, the better. For instance, a longer bar means more distance. But in accuracy a long bar means worse accuracy. I don't really know how to fix it without making it more confusing though.

• SPY VIP

The only gripe I have (and it's really more with the review than the system itself) is that accuracy is a little misleading. In all the other categories (I think) the longer the bar, the better. For instance, a longer bar means more distance. But in accuracy a long bar means worse accuracy. I don't really know how to fix it without making it more confusing though.

I hear ya man. I struggled with that myself. I even tried to make the bars go from right to left, but that actually made it worse. One option I can think of is not to use a bar for accuracy, but then it looks completely different from everything else.

Another idea is to express the accuracy as a negative -5 = a 5 yard miss. At least that way longer bars are better, but that could prove even more confusing.

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

• SPY VIP

Intriguing!

I was able to deselect those irons that I really wasn't interested in and only look at three irons, along with the average. Helps to fine tune, or select the points one may consider important.....like weighing Accuracy & Distance.

I would like to see a price tag in a graph rather than have to select "Buy It Now" to get a single price.

Foz - that's a good idea, and I love that it's a simple idea to implement. The specifications table might be a good spot for it. I'll be sure it's included in the next review.

Actually...half way through this reply I decided it wouldn't be that hard to add it to this review. DONE! Thanks for idea.

T

I hear ya man. I struggled with that myself. I even tried to make the bars go from right to left, but that actually made it worse. One option I can think of is not to use a bar for accuracy, but then it looks completely different from everything else.

Another idea is to express the accuracy as a negative -5 = a 5 yard miss. At least that way longer bars are better, but that could prove even more confusing.

One of the thoughts that I had was to make accuracy 1/x, which would make the higher numbers mean more accurate, but I think that would be confusing.

• SPY VIP

Thanks Moe...I was honeslty shocked to see as much negative response as there has been. When you look around at other sites like TheHackersParadise.com or other blogs they simply give a completely subjective view from he owner of the site and he says everything he hits is great. We are trying to improve on this for the readers and they say we are being biased...lol...can't please them all.

They say our main tester said he liked Mizuno and also Fourteen and TourEdge. And that is why Mizuno finished #1. Um then why did TourEdge finish dead last if those were also one of his favorites. Boggles my mind that when my reviews were my personal opinion we got more comments and all positive believe it or not and now we try to majorly improve on it so you guys can have the real scoop and we get basically bashed for everything we did. By no means did I expect it to be ALL positive but wow was I shocked to see the comments.

Would you guys prefer we went back to one guy testing it and just telling you his opinion or maybe we should do like TheHackersParadise and just say every club is great so the golf companies continue to send us equipment and we can use that equipment to help launch a magazine and buy a readership by using that equipment to do contests every day.

I like it pretty much as it is. Will be cool to see what other clubs will be in store.

#TruthDigest

Thanks Moe...I was honeslty shocked to see as much negative response as there has been. When you look around at other sites like TheHackersParadise.com or other blogs they simply give a completely subjective view from he owner of the site and he says everything he hits is great. We are trying to improve on this for the readers and they say we are being biased...lol...can't please them all.

They say our main tester said he liked Mizuno and also Fourteen and TourEdge. And that is why Mizuno finished #1. Um then why did TourEdge finish dead last if those were also one of his favorites. Boggles my mind that when my reviews were my personal opinion we got more comments and all positive believe it or not and now we try to majorly improve on it so you guys can have the real scoop and we get basically bashed for everything we did. By no means did I expect it to be ALL positive but wow was I shocked to see the comments.

Would you guys prefer we went back to one guy testing it and just telling you his opinion or maybe we should do like TheHackersParadise and just say every club is great so the golf companies continue to send us equipment.

MGS, please do not try to be like anyone else. This forum and blog are the best because you're different, we definitely don't need more of the same. As far as the haters...well, if you've got haters, then you must be doing something right, IMO.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

• SPY VIP

After MGS's post I had to go and look at the comments. Couple of bent dudes. No big deal. Remember the beauty of being a critic is that you don't have the responsibility of creating anything, only talking about the creations of others. Some critique can of course be valid. Some not so much...

I appreciate how this is an evolving process of review. I have never received an email from another site asking for my feedback on a review process. Kudos to you MGS.

(Now just get the shop open so I can buy a putter headcover :lol: )

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

I like it the way it is,I love reading about the different clubs.I never got the impression of any bias,I agree with the earlier post,dont try to be like anyone else JMO Dave

Callaway razr x tour 5-pw

titleist 585h 24 &21 hybrid

Heavy wedge 52 gap wedge

Nike sv sand and lob wedge

Callaway Diablo Octane tour Driver

Adams F 11 3 wood

Seemore ci2 or Bettinardi studio stock 2

• 12 years later...
On 12/12/2010 at 6:44 PM, GolfSpy_X said:

Please include any and all feedback you have for us regarding our new "Interactive Golf Club Review System" here.

Look forward to your input.

Easy to use: The review system should be user-friendly and intuitive, making it easy for users to submit their reviews and navigate the system. Comprehensive: The review system should cover all aspects of the product being reviewed, including its features, performance, and value for money. Transparent: The review system should be transparent and unbiased, allowing users to submit honest feedback without fear of censorship or retaliation. Moderation: The review system should have moderation in place to prevent spam or fake reviews. Up-to-date: The review system should be updated regularly with new products and features to ensure that it remains relevant to users. Engagement: The review system should encourage engagement from users, such as by allowing them to rate and comment on other reviews or ask questions about the product being reviewed.

Edited by Yehuda