Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Quitting golf cold turkey

Big money

I quit Cold Turkey 2 years ago..as has been mentioned..frustration of not being able to play at a certain level, or improve, after several lesson, or on my own, made Golf no fun for me...I finally just said enuff is enuff and walked away...some guys have ability to swing the clubs, some dont...

I gave up the game for seven years and then started playing again in June of this year.  Why did I give it up?  No interest and no regular playing buddies.  I started playing again in June and have played maybe fifty rounds since.  I am enjoying the game again and I am back to where I was when I quit playing seven years ago.

Ping G425 Max 10.5 with a Tour AD IZ-7 XStiff 

Ping G425 3-wood (14.5 degree)

Ping G425 Hybrid (19 degree)

Mizuno JPX 921 Forged W/Stiff Shafts

Vokey SM8 50.08, 54.14, 58,10

Scotty Cameron Fastback 1.5 (2020)

Pro V1x 

• 6 months later...

My grandfather once gave up playing golf although he was a true professional and even gave lessons to beginners. Everybody liked the way he played and everyone wanted to be his student, but he had no time. When he gave up his favorite sports game he explained this by saying that he plays himself and no one on our golf course can compete with him. When he moved to Chicago, he made friends and started playing golf again. All his friends there can play very well and this is why the game became more interesting for him. He likes to read windtreegolf.com.

Edited by Nikson