TESTERS WANTED! ×

PGA HQ moving

Looks like it’s close to a done deal. This would be a boost for golf in the Dallas area.

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/report-pga-of-america-set-to-move-headquarters-to-frisco-texas-pending-city-council-vote

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Interesting!  Toyota, FedEx, Liberty Mutual, State Farm and several Silicon Valley Tech companies have moved headquarters to the DFW area recently.  They must be throwing around some serious incentive packages.

Texas is also way overdue to host another major championship.  It's almost criminal they haven't hosted one since 1969!

1 hour ago, sixcat said:

Interesting!  Toyota, FedEx, Liberty Mutual, State Farm and several Silicon Valley Tech companies have moved headquarters to the DFW area recently.  They must be throwing around some serious incentive packages.

Texas is also way overdue to host another major championship.  It's almost criminal they haven't hosted one since 1969!

They are very tax friendly in Texas and especially compared to Cali.   

Florida is pretty tax friendly too which makes the move interesting.  

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

So the mention of future PGA Championships being held in Dallas is interesting.  You have to think this is something that would never have happened under the previous schedule...I mean really, a Major in the middle of August in TX?    Yeah, the cases of Swamp##$ would have been off the chart.

But now that it's placed in May, that seems to be perfect timing for yet another TX event.  

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

2 hours ago, sixcat said:

To be fair the odds have been stacked against it (TX),  the only possibility would have been the US Open, no way the PGA was going there in the middle of August.   And from my understanding a couple clubs the USGA did reach out to weren't willing to disrupt their membership for a full calendar year to deal with it.    

But with two tour events and the WGC in Austin, i don't think anyone needs to hold a pitty party for TX. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

I had read about this pending move and Dallas being on the list some months ago.  Honestly, I'm a little surprised they chose this location - but then I was also surprised Montana was not in the running, so what do I know? 😀 It will be interesting to see if the details behind the headlines comes out.  

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

1 hour ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

To be fair the odds have been stacked against it (TX),  the only possibility would have been the US Open, no way the PGA was going there in the middle of August.   And from my understanding a couple clubs the USGA did reach out to weren't willing to disrupt their membership for a full calendar year to deal with it.    

But with two tour events and the WGC in Austin, i don't think anyone needs to hold a pitty party for TX. 

To be fair, any regular Tour event or WGC pales in comparison to a major championship.  Weather or more to the point, heat, is nothing more than a poor excuse.  I'm not attempting to give Texas a "pitty party."  Just pointing out that Texas has given so much to the game of golf.  Having a 50-plus year gap between major championships is just wrong.  

Texas, Tennessee and Georgia all host a regular Tour event in 2019 between late May and late August.  It's often as hot in Memphis in late July or Atlanta in late August as it will be in the parts of Texas that would be considered for hosting a major championship.  The Presidents Cup is in Melbourne in December and the Australian Open is always in December. 

For that matter, most players live in south Florida or Texas.  In my opinion, it's time for the golf powers that be to stop drinking that particular kool-aid!

Archived