TESTERS WANTED! ×

WIYB that makes no sense?

10 hours ago, fozcycle said:

You went 3 years with dead weight in your bag? Now that is funny

#CobraCONNECT using the new F8’s from Cobra

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

When I received the new bag for the Bridgestone test and was cleaning out my old one, there were around 4 dozen balls in the old one - most I would never hit. My biggest complaint about the bag Bridgestone sent was lack of pockets, but my old bag apparently had too many pockets for me to squirrel crap away in.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

That would be my Frankeniron. A Mizuno MP FLI HI 18° 2 Iron on a 3 Wood Shaft. Project X PXv 42”. Regular Flex.

When I’m hitting the ball well, I can swing hard and this has better height and spin than 3 woods for me. When I’m not hitting it that well, I can make a slower swing and it flies lower with little spin and runs. Both swings tend to be down the middle.

I have recently changed all my iron shafts to the PXv in 6.0 flex, mainly because of an elbow injury. I need the shock absorption of graphite. I use the MP FLI Hi 3&4 and the rest are MP64.

I pull hybrids left, and fairway woods go straight, but I tend to not make consistently good contact. I played with a guy one time who said “I hit my 3 Wood 250 yards.” I thought “yeah, 1 in 10 shots roll out to 245 which is close enough to 250. But most go 200.” That is also my fairwood game. Therefore, the “Frankeniron.”

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

:ping-small:G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small:G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small:G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:taylormade-small:P790 Black 4-A 
on :kbs: TGI 80S

:mizuno-small: ES21 54-8° & 58-12° on :kbs: Hi Rev

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Driver, 3w, 3H are JumboMax JMX UltraLite XS 

My PE2 2i has seen very little action in recent years. It use to be my option for a 3w (persimmon days) which never treated me well.  I then acquired my Warbird 3w and, ever since, the 2i only gets pulled once in awhile.  If I ever switch to a different set of irons, I may still want a 3i, but for certain not a 2i... besides, most modern sets probably won't offer one anyway.

You can’t even order one......but you can get a 2 driving iron from a few makes.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

My 5 Hyrbrid is older and I hit it about as long as my 6 iron but it's the only club I can get some elevation consistently out of. That and it's solid off the tee. I put it back into the bag around a year ago and it's found a spot there.

Driver:   :callaway-small:  Epic Flash 12 Degree

Wood: :callaway-small:  GBB 3 Wood
Hybrid: :callaway-small: Razr 4 hybriid stiff stock shaft.
Irons: :callaway-small: X2 Hot 4 iron (pro version) 5 iron - Gap Wedge (non pro version).  KBS 120g Shaft stiff cut 1/2  inch bent 1°upright
Wedges: :vokey-small: 52° 56° and 60°.
All grips are Golf pride grips midsized
Putter (lefty):  Odyssey Metal-X #8 34", stock shaft bent 2° Superstroke grip
Golf Balls:   :titelist-small: 2018-9 Pro-V1x and Prov1s
Shoes:  :footjoy-small:  Dryjoy tours

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/20/2019 at 9:49 PM, fozcycle said:

You went 3 years with dead weight in your bag? Now that is funny

Can tell you a funny dead weight one--- A while back a few of us used to walk 9 holes on Wednesday amongst them my buddy the Miura dealer--- Now he hates lead tape and is always giving me crap about it. I was using a pretty light TEE 3.5 at the time and like I said before I travel light even when riding. I  noticed about the second hole my bag seems heavier. I told them I must have been tired. Come to find out those clowns had slipped 3 full rolls of lead tape and about a dozen Range Balls in the side pocket. What was funny he had borrowed the 3 rolls from another friend's shop and he was in on the joke too. 

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

On 12/6/2018 at 1:28 PM, cnosil said:

I would say my 3 wood. Every club is a stuff shaft, was fit into stuff shafts but the 3 wood has a regular flex shaft that is lighter than the driver shaft. In my bag because I got a good deal and hit it well. My club champion fitter told me not to change that it would be tough to beat.

Exact same for me (except the club champion part 😉 ) .... and you know what they say about finding a 3 wood you can hit!

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

On 12/7/2018 at 2:51 PM, fixyurdivot said:

My PE2 2i has seen very little action in recent years. It use to be my option for a 3w (persimmon days) which never treated me well.  I then acquired my Warbird 3w and, ever since, the 2i only gets pulled once in awhile.  If I ever switch to a different set of irons, I may still want a 3i, but for certain not a 2i... besides, most modern sets probably won't offer one anyway.

Update on the 2i.  I pulled it for the first time this season this Monday for a 210 yard second shot that had to remain low to clear tree branches. It stayed nice and low, had a little draw, and just trickled onto the green with a front pin location.  So, in addition to providing some extra length for poking around snakey desert shrub, it still has a role.  

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

Archived