GolfSpy MPR

WIYB that makes no sense?

All my gear is stiff shafted with midsize grips except for my 18 degree hybrid which has a regular flex shaft and what’s gotta be the smallest slickest grip possible. Got a great shaft from a friend that’s gonna go in it but didn’t wanna change it mid season.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

My whole bag is stifff shafts minus 1 club. My 3h TM mid rescue. All my club were R until a fitter laughed and told me that I was only a mile or two frpm XS. I hit it well and it get its use. but I really have to alow it down. 

LOL was laughing at what some of you guys carry in a bag besides clubs--- No wonder the bag drop guys grunt and moan when picking up some of those cart bags. I used to game a mini staff and still do on occasion and most bag drop guys say my mini staff is lighter than most cart bags. I do not carry a lot of stuff and use an original Ping Hoofer now too. As a rule I usually carry only 12 clubs or less depending what set I am playing. I only carry about 6 balls 3 gloves some tees, rangefinder and a couple of cigars. I pack light so I can grab and go--- A friend of mine on another site got me into that way of thinking. Someone on WRX asked me one night why only 6 balls. Well if I need more than 6 balls I am going one of two places either the range or home. At this stage of life it is more than likely home.  As far as shaft flexes it can vary again depending on what I am playing. Grips can vary too because for me different grips can vary for a different feel for me--- Right now I am kinda embarrassed but I will tell it-- Due to back issues I am carrying a set of Forged KZG CBs with (gasp!!) Swing Science 400 Graphite shafts which I have at a R+ flex at 90 grams. Still playing the woods in my signature and the 52* wedge is a Callaway X with a S-400 and the Cally 56 PM grind has a KBS Wedge Tour in it. One thing I did forget I always carry lead tape in my bag too--- 

What’s in my bag that doesn’t make sense? My current club setup. Granted I just got off 8 months with Cobra F8’s (see signature below). My game improved throughout the summer but began to slip in Oct-Dec. My game was ill at best, I had lost a bunch of distance off the drive. So I pulled my 10 yr old PowerBilt woods and irons out of the garage.......now shooting low to upper 80’s trying to adjust.....here they are:

Image1547424539.035087.thumb.jpg.8681bc4188a233f98664eb35ba99dbdd.jpg

I paired them with Arccos this week and am anxious to see if they can equal or beat the F8’s.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Cobra Connect Bag: Cobra F8 Driver(10.5*) 3-4W(14.5*) & 5-6W(18.5*)w/Mitsubishi Tensei ck Blue Regular; Cobra F8 3 Hybrid, 5 Hybrid & 6-PW, Gw(49*) SW(54*) LW(58*) all w/UST Mamiya Recoil 460 ES regular shafts. Lamkin Cobra Connect grips with Arccoss tracking sensors. Putter: Evnroll ER6 33”. Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat/Silver).

• Like 1

On 1/2/2019 at 2:57 PM, PING Apologist #9 said:

Stupid groove sharpener. Useless waste of $$$. BTW, check classifieds to find one going real cheap..!😜

I bought when as well and have not used it.  What is really pathetic is that none of the sharpening knives is the same width as the grooves. 

What a useless waste of money

• Love 1

On 1/13/2019 at 6:10 PM, fozcycle said:

What’s in my bag that doesn’t make sense? My current club setup. Granted I just got off 8 months with Cobra F8’s (see signature below). My game improved throughout the summer but began to slip in Oct-Dec. My game was ill at best, I had lost a bunch of distance off the drive. So I pulled my 10 yr old PowerBilt woods and irons out of the garage.......now shooting low to upper 80’s trying to adjust.....here they are:

Image1547424539.035087.thumb.jpg.8681bc4188a233f98664eb35ba99dbdd.jpg

Now that is a plot twist.

• Like 1

callaway divine nine senior shaft, just can't get rid of it

Once, when my father came to visit, he wanted to play golf. So he rented some clubs and bought a 2 dozen mega pack of Noodles. When we finished he stuck them in my bag and I didn’t find them till about 3 years later when I finally got around to cleaning my bag. Wondered why it was so dang heavy.

• Like 2

Once, when my father came to visit, he wanted to play golf. So he rented some clubs and bought a 2 dozen mega pack of Noodles. When we finished he stuck them in my bag and I didn’t find them till about 3 years later when I finally got around to cleaning my bag. Wondered why it was so dang heavy.

You went 3 years with dead weight in your bag? Now that is funny

#CobraCONNECT using the new F8’s from Cobra

• Like 2

10 hours ago, fozcycle said:

When I received the new bag for the Bridgestone test and was cleaning out my old one, there were around 4 dozen balls in the old one - most I would never hit. My biggest complaint about the bag Bridgestone sent was lack of pockets, but my old bag apparently had too many pockets for me to squirrel crap away in.

• Like 1

That would be my Frankeniron. A Mizuno MP FLI HI 18° 2 Iron on a 3 Wood Shaft. Project X PXv 42”. Regular Flex.

When I’m hitting the ball well, I can swing hard and this has better height and spin than 3 woods for me. When I’m not hitting it that well, I can make a slower swing and it flies lower with little spin and runs. Both swings tend to be down the middle.

I have recently changed all my iron shafts to the PXv in 6.0 flex, mainly because of an elbow injury. I need the shock absorption of graphite. I use the MP FLI Hi 3&4 and the rest are MP64.

I pull hybrids left, and fairway woods go straight, but I tend to not make consistently good contact. I played with a guy one time who said “I hit my 3 Wood 250 yards.” I thought “yeah, 1 in 10 shots roll out to 245 which is close enough to 250. But most go 200.” That is also my fairwood game. Therefore, the “Frankeniron.”

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

My PE2 2i has seen very little action in recent years. It use to be my option for a 3w (persimmon days) which never treated me well.  I then acquired my Warbird 3w and, ever since, the 2i only gets pulled once in awhile.  If I ever switch to a different set of irons, I may still want a 3i, but for certain not a 2i... besides, most modern sets probably won't offer one anyway.

You can’t even order one......but you can get a 2 driving iron from a few makes.

• Like 1

My 5 Hyrbrid is older and I hit it about as long as my 6 iron but it's the only club I can get some elevation consistently out of. That and it's solid off the tee. I put it back into the bag around a year ago and it's found a spot there.

On 1/20/2019 at 9:49 PM, fozcycle said:

Can tell you a funny dead weight one--- A while back a few of us used to walk 9 holes on Wednesday amongst them my buddy the Miura dealer--- Now he hates lead tape and is always giving me crap about it. I was using a pretty light TEE 3.5 at the time and like I said before I travel light even when riding. I  noticed about the second hole my bag seems heavier. I told them I must have been tired. Come to find out those clowns had slipped 3 full rolls of lead tape and about a dozen Range Balls in the side pocket. What was funny he had borrowed the 3 rolls from another friend's shop and he was in on the joke too. 

• Like 3

On 12/6/2018 at 1:28 PM, cnosil said:

I would say my 3 wood. Every club is a stuff shaft, was fit into stuff shafts but the 3 wood has a regular flex shaft that is lighter than the driver shaft. In my bag because I got a good deal and hit it well. My club champion fitter told me not to change that it would be tough to beat.

Exact same for me (except the club champion part 😉 ) .... and you know what they say about finding a 3 wood you can hit!

• Like 1

On 12/7/2018 at 2:51 PM, fixyurdivot said:

My PE2 2i has seen very little action in recent years. It use to be my option for a 3w (persimmon days) which never treated me well.  I then acquired my Warbird 3w and, ever since, the 2i only gets pulled once in awhile.  If I ever switch to a different set of irons, I may still want a 3i, but for certain not a 2i... besides, most modern sets probably won't offer one anyway.

Update on the 2i.  I pulled it for the first time this season this Monday for a 210 yard second shot that had to remain low to clear tree branches. It stayed nice and low, had a little draw, and just trickled onto the green with a front pin location.  So, in addition to providing some extra length for poking around snakey desert shrub, it still has a role.  

• Like 1