Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

2019 New Rules Book

chisag

... Expert Golf sent me this rules book and this is from my Facebook page  https://www.facebook.com/InternetGolfReviews  but I wanted to share it here. I love this new rule book!

... We all know that starting January 1st, 2019 there are many new rules that go into effect. This has been a long time coming and simplifies many of the old rules taking advantage of some much needed common sense. But with so many new rules, you are going to need a rule book both to familiarize yourself with the changes as well as having a book handy when you play, because you will definitely experience new rules situations as soon as you hit the course this year. It starts with a brief summery of the most important rules changes like "Now, the flag can be left in the hole while putting, as there is no penalty for hitting it." or "Now, virtually all damage may be repaired e.g. including spike marks."

... You could get a USGA Rule Book and just read about the new rules OR you could pick up the Yves C. Ton-That Golf Rules Quick Reference Guide. A very easy to read hand held book that covers all the new rules with simple explanations and pictures to make understanding any situation you may run into, super easy to understand. I have always carried a USGA Rules Book in my golf bag but this year I will be carrying Yves book because not only does it spell out everything in easy to understand quick reference pictures and words, I can let someone else quickly see the new rule explained with pictures like: Ball Moved When Grounding The Club or During A Practice Swing (Rule 13) "If you accidentally cause your ball to move when grounding your club as a result of a careless practice swing, no penalty is incurred on the green. The ball must be put back." Pretty simple huh? 

... It comes with a plastic protective cover, has side tabs for easy reference so the rules situation can be found instantly and it only cost around $15 from Amazon or direct from Expert Golf. I think this Quick Reference Guide would make a great Christmas gift or stocking stuffer.

2104179458_aRulescover.jpg.a3402de4de79d3815a0d793ab11bd578.jpg1068535113_aRules1.jpg.d0469ac1be48202e294d7d5068269a55.jpg1311639574_aRules2.jpg.294c31efb5b02258286a531f45f61519.jpg882039239_aRules3.jpg.7ad51f6ee59da968db9d109857d99f0d.jpg

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

I really like the looks of this one. Looks like it's pretty clear, and would be perfect for a couple of my friends. Thanks, chi,

Sent from my XT1585 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I always try to remember that I'm not good enough to get mad!

My Bag:

:ping-small:  G400 Max

:ping-small:  G30 3W

:cobra-small: King S9-1 5W

:taylormade-small: Aeroburner 3 Rescue/Hybrid

:ping-small: G400  5-UW

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52* and 56*

:rife-putters-1: 2Bar Mallet

:ping-small: Traverse II Cart Bag

Looks like a nice simple rules reference.  I've been using the phone app for the new rules, and find it quite easy to use as well.  The best part, to me, is that you can go easily from the simplified Player's Rules to the complete rule and on to the Interpretations (which replace the Decisions).  The new rules also include a number of illustrations which will help folks to understand the rules better.

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

I have that exact booklet in my bag; but not the newest one for 2019. I'll probably get either the booklet or perhaps the app Dave talked about.

Thanks for the info!

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

The older version has been a constant companion in our golf cart. Thanks for the reminder Chi, we have to replace it with the new version! And you're right a lot easier to read then the new rules book that USGA just sent me. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

1 minute ago, tony@CIC said:

The older version has been a constant companion in our golf cart. Thanks for the reminder Chi, we have to replace it with the new version! And you're right a lot easier to read that the new rules book that USGA just sent me. 

I was just typing something, I wonder what the new print version of the rules will be like.  The USGA sends a new Rule book every year to members.  Does the one you received include the Interpretations?  

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

14 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

I was just typing something, I wonder what the new print version of the rules will be like.  The USGA sends a new Rule book every year to members.  Does the one you received include the Interpretations?  

Not exactly sure what you mean by interpretations. It does has pictures in some of the rules that describes what is and what is not allowed. Those pics show old vs. new - for instance there is a pic showing old ball drop vs. new drop (from the knee). 

However, keep in mind we just received ours so I haven't had a chance to read it thoroughly - . just glanced through it quickly. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

43 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

Not exactly sure what you mean by interpretations. It does has pictures in some of the rules that describes what is and what is not allowed. Those pics show old vs. new - for instance there is a pic showing old ball drop vs. new drop (from the knee). 

However, keep in mind we just received ours so I haven't had a chance to read it thoroughly - . just glanced through it quickly. 

Interpretations he’s referring to are the decisions they publish which come from questions about the rules that help explain them better

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

1 hour ago, tony@CIC said:

43 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Interpretations he’s referring to are the decisions they publish which come from questions about the rules that help explain them better

The current Rule book is about 160 pages, but is backed up by the Decisions on the Rules, which is something around 700 pages of examples and clarifications.  That will change for 2019  Right now, both the phone app and the 2019 Rules at the USGA website:

http://www.usga.org/content/usga/home-page/rules/rules-2019/rules-of-golf/rules-and-interpretations.html#!ruletype=pe&section=rule&rulenum=1

Have three basic sections.  The first is the Players Edition, which includes simplified language about the Rules most likely to effect most players in most situations.  Second is the Full Rules, which include the complete wording of each Rule, and includes information relating to the Committee which is not included in the Player's Edition.  Last are Interpretations, which are analogous to the current Decisions.  These are intended to answer questions that might arise concerning a variety of Rules situations.  The way things are set up, you can look first at the Player's Edition.  If the answer isn't clear, you can easily go to the Full Rules, and if you still can't find the answer, to the Interpretations.  

For those who are interested in being ready for the new rules, I ran across a website that is explaining one rules change a day for the month of December.:

https://rulesgeeks.com/

They're on day 6 now, and each entry so far has been written pretty clearly and briefly.

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

Archived