Testers Announced! Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Drivers and Autoflex Dream 7 Shafts! ×

TaylorMade M5 and M6 Drivers

txgolfjunkie

I'm not sure if I want to post copyrighted photos of what I've seen on the internets regarding the sole of the M5 and M6 but if you've seen them as well, what are your thoughts?

I think the M5 is like taking the speed channel from an old Adams driver, the front to back weight track of the M1, and the sliding back weight of Mizuno/Callaway. I find it interesting that the weight tracks rarely repeat themselves year after year. 

The M6 look like an old Adams driver and mixed with all the carbon fiber of the old Callaway ERC. 

I don't know if TM is out of ideas and just trying to revamp old technology or if they've maxed out the driver performance and there's really not much else to do. 

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor - Team Chad

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Tour 5 Wood w/ Motore X F1 70 X Flex 
  • :cobra-small: King Utility 4 21* w/ Tensei Pro White 100 X Flex
  • :cobra-small: King Tour MIM Copper Irons 5-G w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :cobra-small: King MIM Black Wedges 55* & 60* w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :taylormade-small: Spider SR
  • :titelist-small: Pro V1x Left Dash
  • Lefty

I like the looks of both. The weight track in the m5 has me interested in that type of line from them again. The 2016/17 M1 weren’t a good fit and m3 was close but the lower spin scared me off for those days where the swing was off.

imo part of the reason the weight tracks change is based on head/face design. The need to get the cg in the right spot or have the adjustability to make tweaks effective leads to this.

i like the new track as it will help get weight far enough back to help add spin and the sim circle track will help affect the ball flight for draw and fade.  

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

MGS is sharing pictures, so I assume we're in the clear here:

It's interesting to me just how little visible tech has continued through the M2/M2 2017/M4/M6 line. I think a test of those four drivers might be very interesting.

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX T3 15°, Project X HZRDUS Black
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 18°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 21°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 6–PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:mizuno-small: T22 54° and 60°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0, Garsen G-Pro grip
:taylormade-small: TP5x and Tour Response

Full WITB with pictures

No pictures of #ScrewFace? 😎

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

I'm intrigued... Looks pretty good, however I've never really got along with Taylormade drivers. Definitely curious to see what they say at full release.

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

Real talk, M5 looks like early version Cortex from DVD, and if I'm Wilson I'm calling them out on it by saying he already have that tech and it's (ikely) cheaper. If I recall Wilson said something about not moving as much mass at possible with that back sliding weight to the edges for better MOI, hence the change to weight ports. Why is TM going to that well if Wilson said it wasn't all that effective?

In a :ping-small: Hoofer Lite bag

:titleist-small: TSR2, 10 degrees, A1 setting, Fujikara Speeder NX Blue 50-S

:taylormade-small: Stealth, 15 degrees, VA Composites Nemesys 70-S 

:755178188_TourEdge: E722, 19 degrees, Oban Devotion 80-S

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro 4-P, Nippon 950GH Stiff Flex

:cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50* (bent to *49) and RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 54* (bent to *55), DG 115 Spinner, Tour Issue

:wilson-small: Staff Model TG 60*, Dynamic Gold 120 S300

SIK Golf Flo-C

:bridgestone-small: Tour B-XS (2022 Model)

9 minutes ago, mpatrickriley said:

MGS is sharing pictures, so I assume we're in the clear here:

It's interesting to me just how little visible tech has continued through the M2/M2 2017/M4/M6 line. I think a test of those four drivers might be very interesting.

Not sure I understand your comment about “how little visible tech has continued.”  I don’t want to comment on that under the wrong pretense. Can you elaborate?

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

1 minute ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Not sure I understand your comment about “how little visible tech has continued.”  I don’t want to comment on that under the wrong pretense. Can you elaborate?

The M1/2017 M1/M3/M5 line has obvious visible tech, mostly in the form of sliding weights. The even-number line, by contast, has been much more restrained in this way. There have been speed channels and such; even TwistFace was not visible to the eye.

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX T3 15°, Project X HZRDUS Black
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 18°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 21°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 6–PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:mizuno-small: T22 54° and 60°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0, Garsen G-Pro grip
:taylormade-small: TP5x and Tour Response

Full WITB with pictures

9 minutes ago, Middler said:

Has Twist Face "technology" already landed on the trash pile? I haven't been a fan of TM since the mid-90's (last TM product I bought), seems like one gimmick after another. YMMV

I’ve read twist face is still present in the m5/6. Callaway jumping on the face naming train with flash face on the epic flash. 

6 minutes ago, mpatrickriley said:

The M1/2017 M1/M3/M5 line has obvious visible tech, mostly in the form of sliding weights. The even-number line, by contast, has been much more restrained in this way. There have been speed channels and such; even TwistFace was not visible to the eye.

I’m following you, I thought that’s what you were stating but wanted to double check. 

I agree on the even lines being very low in visible tech but in reality TM drivers don’t have a lot of stuff going on under the hood or on the outside. It’s been the adjustable hosel in both lines, the lighter crown and multi material construction driving cg back to help launch and spin. The odd line has had various tracks, adjustable hosel, two different size heads to go along with the multi material construction. The tracks have varied to match the head characteristics and help the golfer get weight in the right spot for the first launch and spin. M3/4 and continuing in this release there’s twistface and their take on bulge and roll.

This year they have all that plus now we get the screws on the face to show and help tell the story behind what’s going on underneath the hood.

Wheb compared to other drivers on the market I’m not they are lacking in visible tech. What do you think TM drivers have tech wise that could be shown or maybe what else they could do in design to have more visible tech? 

Do you think they lack story telling behind their products?

24 minutes ago, bergtaur said:

Real talk, M5 looks like early version Cortex from DVD, and if I'm Wilson I'm calling them out on it by saying he already have that tech and it's (ikely) cheaper. If I recall Wilson said something about not moving as much mass at possible with that back sliding weight to the edges for better MOI, hence the change to weight ports. Why is TM going to that well if Wilson said it wasn't all that effective?

I was having that discussion last night via text with a couple friends who saw the same pics.  One agreed with you on the Cortex similarity, myself and the not so much.  We thought if anything the M6 was a bit similar to the Roswell...the runner up I believe in DvD. 

Just goes to show how different eyes view the same thing.

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

30 minutes ago, bergtaur said:

Imo different head characteristics and design between what TM is doing and Wilson.  TM is adding speedfoam, resin, some combo of the two in the screwports so it’s possibme with that the ability to push the weight track further out heel to toe than what Callaway has done in that track might have better effect than what Wilson tried

Looks good. I’m interested in seeing the story on the face. Definitely gonna have to look into a driver fitting this spring time. 

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

I would absolutely laugh if I found a picture on the internet and posted it somewhere else to show people and someone contacts me about them. Hahaha. Once something is posted to the internet it now becomes public domain and f who ever says different. Just ask the defense department about the plans for 3d printed guns. Once out it cannot be put back. If taylormade or anyone else has an issue take it up with original poster who broke the non disclosure agreement.

I hate taylormade btw. I think they do things to sell drivers and increase profit and not help golfers play better. They sell hype and not real improvement over the last iteration. We can’t even say last year because with TM it’s about 4-6 drivers a year. All the next best thing right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ben S
Hailing from N Aurora IL

WITB:
Putter: Mizuno by Bettinardi BC1 w/SuperStroke MidSlim 2.0 Flamed finish (1 Degree)
Driver: Ping G – Mitsubishi Diamana Blue 73 X (10.5 Degree)
3 Wood : Callaway Epic Flash – Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 75 S (15.5 Degree)
3 Hybrid: Tour Edge CBX 119 – Project X EvenFlow Black 85 S (18 Degree)
3 Hybrid: Ping G – Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Blue HY 86 S (19 Degree)
4 – GW: Ping i210 - Oban CT-115 X (22.5 - 50 Degrees)
SW: Titleist SM7 S Grind - Tour Chrome - Stock S200 (54 Degree)
LW: Titleist SM7 D Grind - Tour Chrome - Stock S200 (58 Degree)
All Grips:  Winn Dri-Tec Midsize - Gray/Blue w/ 2 extra wraps low hand
Customizing:
Lime Green/Hot Pink Custom Paintfill - all clubs
White ferrules with Blue Stripes from Cell-Parts.net
Irons fitted & built by True Spec Golf
Custom Headcovers from Sunfish Golf
PING White DLX Cart Bag

37 minutes ago, B81Smith said:

I would absolutely laugh if I found a picture on the internet and posted it somewhere else to show people and someone contacts me about them. Hahaha. Once something is posted to the internet it now becomes public domain and f who ever says different. Just ask the defense department about the plans for 3d printed guns. Once out it cannot be put back. If taylormade or anyone else has an issue take it up with original poster who broke the non disclosure agreement.

I hate taylormade btw. I think they do things to sell drivers and increase profit and not help golfers play better. They sell hype and not real improvement over the last iteration. We can’t even say last year because with TM it’s about 4-6 drivers a year. All the next best thing right.

Aren’t all companies in the business of selling drivers.

I’m curious to know what 4-6 drivers TM release each of the last 3 years? 

TaylorMade has released less drivers than Ping in over the last three years.

But please, tell me more about how companies shouldn't be trying to market their products to make money...

1 hour ago, jlukes said:

TaylorMade has released less drivers than Ping in over the last three years.

But please, tell me more about how companies shouldn't be trying to market their products to make money...

THIS 100x

Ive never been a fan of the “They released a new driver in X amount of time” hate. Do these same people get mad when new cars come out every year or when Nike releases a new pair of shoes right after they bought some?

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

12 minutes ago, Mr_Theoo said:

THIS 100x

Ive never been a fan of the “They released a new driver in X amount of time” hate. Do these same people get mad when new cars come out every year or when Nike releases a new pair of shoes right after they bought some?

Only when it’s retro Jordan’s in a short period of time and/or I lose out on each release 🤣

more choices means more competition and usually lower prices. Imagine what clubs would cost if there were less companies 

1 hour ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Only when it’s retro Jordan’s in a short period of time and/or I lose out on each release 🤣

more choices means more competition and usually lower prices. Imagine what clubs would cost if there were less companies 

You gotta follow all the shoe sites and get the sneakers app. I never miss when a release is even if I don’t order them. I’ve been way more selective with what shoes I buy cause of how high the prices have gone

7 minutes ago, Mr_Theoo said:

You gotta follow all the shoe sites and get the sneakers app. I never miss when a release is even if I don’t order them. I’ve been way more selective with what shoes I buy cause of how high the prices have gone

I got SNKRS and I follow sites. I’ve been in the queue a couple times only to have my size sell out while waiting my turn then have them sold out elsewhere. I’m selective too

My Pro was at the TM launch in London (at the Mercedes Benz museum) last week. Looking forward to hearing all about it from him as he knows his stuff (ex European Tour player and hits the ball the way I can only dream of).

He's adhering to the launch details embargo but I'm sure he'll give his personal opinion.

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

THIS 100x

When you’re a smaller retailer or golf shop and you have to purchase X amount of minimums in order to have Y amount of Demos, your first instinct isn’t to praise a 10 month product cycle.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

Not to go into this too much more, but I believe Taylormade has done a much better job of releasing an appropriate amount of product to suit it's customer base. Yes in the past with SLDR and it's various versions, jetspeed and such there were a lot of versions out there, however since the M series they have been very good at launching 2 drivers...3 if you could the D type per cycle which comes each season.

Most companies release 3 or so per cycle and that's the norm.

I'm not a huge TM driver fan, but it's because they don't perform great for me. The too many drivers every so often argument should be put aside as they don't release any more then any other company.

All that being said I'm still 100% going to demo the m5 and m6 because you never know this may be the year one really stands out and performs for me!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

I dunno, but neither of these excite me. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

You must be posting from your time machine in 2014

Lol. That time machine broke. Otherwise I would have bought some bitcoin 🤣
  • Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

The M5/M6 appear to be modifications of what TM has done in the past. Questionable structure integrity can be addressed by TM guarantees.
The overlooked fact is that the club head is only as good as the shaft that drives it.
If you seek more distance, your first look should be the shaft.
Most players are using shafts that are ti light and to whippy.
Just try a heavier stiffer version.

Sent from my SM-G955U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

The M5/M6 appear to be modifications of what TM has done in the past. Questionable structure integrity can be addressed by TM guarantees.
The overlooked fact is that the club head is only as good as the shaft that drives it.

Any reputable club fitter will tell you that you are mistaken. Club head matters way more than shaft

11 minutes ago, jlukes said:
25 minutes ago, fossil said:

Any reputable club fitter will tell you that you are mistaken. Club head matters way more than shaft

Agree. The shaft is to dial in/tune the launch conditions. 

Archived