TESTERS WANTED! ×

Mitsubishi Tensei Blue shaft

warbirdlover

Has anyone used this and if so what do you think?

What's In the Bag

Callaway Rogue ST Max 10.5° driver w/stiff Xcaliber Avalon 5 shaft
Tour Edge Exotics EXS 220 3-wood w/stiff Xcaliber Mystic 5 shaft
Tour Edge Exotics EXS 220 3-hybrid w/stiff Xcaliber RT shafts shaft
Malby KE4 Max irons with reg Xcaliber RT shafts
Callaway Jaws full toe 60° wedge with Project X Catalyst 80 wedge graphite shaft
Odyssey White Hot OG #7 CH stroke lab putter
Callaway Org 14 bag

I'm not over the hill.  I'm on the back nine.

It's pretty much a standard mid launch mid spin shaft. I wouldn't say it is remarkable in any way but it is a profile that will fit a large segment of average golfers. I couldn't possibly recommend it to you since I have never seen your swing. The best thing you could do is to schedule a fitting and go from there. 

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

Yep, GB summed it up perfectly. As he said will fit a lot of average golfers.  This was  and probably the reason it was the stock shaft in my Srixon Z785 driver, but I switched it out immediately to the Fuji Pro 2.0 that I also have in my JGR which I was fit for last summer. 

I took a few swings with it before switching and it was just as GB said, nothing remarkable or horrible either way.  

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

It was the stock shaft in the Mizuno ST-180 I tested last year. Solid shaft for a stock offering. If you're not going to get fit, it will probably work well.

However, please go get fit. It's too easy not to and shaft options are so good.

WITB

Driver- PING G400 LST w/ Project X Evenflow Black

Fwy- TM Aeroburner 16.5HL

Irons- Callaway Steelhead XR (3-PW)

Wedges- Callaway MD3 (50,54,58)

Putter- Cleveland TFI Satin Cero

Ball-  Snell MTB-X

Thanks for the info.  I already bought a new Tour Edge EXS with it.  The company says it is not a "made for" shaft and is the real deal so went with it.  I've always got along well with most Mitsubishi shafts. 

Edited by warbirdlover

What's In the Bag

Callaway Jaws full toe 60° wedge with Project X Catalyst 80 wedge graphite shaft
Callaway Org 14 bag

Just now, warbirdlover said:

Thanks for the info.  I already bought a new Tour Edge EXS with it.  The company says it is not a "made for" shaft so went with it.  I've always got along well with most Mitsubishi shafts. 

Yep, definitely not a made for shaft. 

When I experimented with several shafts for my Cobra F8’s in the Cobra Connect Challenge II, I found the Tensei Blue was one of the better shafts for my swing. I ordered it for the F8 Driver, 3-4 Wood and 5-6 Wood. That was last April, they went into the bag in June and are still there.

The shaft provides a mid point flight. I am able to use a slight lag and get add’l yardage when needed.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Thanks for the info.  I already bought a new Tour Edge EXS with it.  The company says it is not a "made for" shaft and is the real deal so went with it.  I've always got along well with most Mitsubishi shafts. 
Update with your thoughts on that driver + shaft combo after you've had a chance to hit and play it some ... Curious, and was kinda looking at the EXS + Tensei Blue myself (I had a chance to try that shaft during a driver fitting and liked it). Thx

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

8 hours ago, cksurfdude said:
On 12/12/2018 at 7:54 AM, warbirdlover said:

Update with your thoughts on that driver + shaft combo after you've had a chance to hit and play it some ... Curious, and was kinda looking at the EXS + Tensei Blue myself (I had a chance to try that shaft during a driver fitting and liked it). Thx

Tried it during my TS2 fitting. Very smooth feeling, similar to the Kuro Kage in your signature. Little soft for me and I was having a hard time controlling it.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

It didn’t work for me at all. I had a tremendously hard time getting the ball in the air with this shaft. I still own the shaft and have not tried it in any other club.

As a disclaimer I received the Mizuno ST 180 as a retirement gift. It came with the Tensei Blue shaft. After some research I changed it out for an Fuji Vista Pro. While the launch improved I am still not in love with the driver. I now only use the driver on the driving range from time to time.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Miura MB 502 Irons

ping G400 Driver

Cobra F7 3 wood

Mizuno putter

Mizuno Wedges. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

If the snow ever melts and the temps ever get above freezing I will try this and advise.  I bought this EXS driver because I played the end of last summer with their HL3 and was bombing them compared to all the bigger name drivers I've owned.  I went from a Titleist 915D2 to a Cobra King LTD to the HL3 and the HL3 was far beyond the others in forgiveness and distance.  I'm 72 years old and I drove the green on one par 4 (from the gold tees), 285 yards.  Partner is my witness and so are the guys that were on the green and pointed to it.  Ball was a foot from the cart path just left of the green. 

What's In the Bag

Callaway Org 14 bag

I have the shaft in my M4 and really have found it to be a good performer for me.  I've always gotten along well with the Diamana shafts and it seems similar to me..  I don't have any issue with the ball flight with it assuming I put a decent swing on it.  Nothing will cure my bad swings that happen every so often and of course at the wrong possible times.  😂

TM Sim2 Max  10.5

Ping G410 5 wood

Ping G410 7 & 9 woods 

PXG Gen 5 0311P  5-gap

PXG forged 54 & 58 wedges

PXG Operator H w/ BGT Stability shaft

4 hours ago, puttingpirate said:

I have the AV blue but didn’t really get along with it. I am however IN LOVE with the new Diamana DF!

I've loved every single shaft in the Diamana Whiteboard/D series. I have the D+LTD 80 in my 3 wood and am looking to put the same shaft in my driver. 

• 2 months later...

Okay I've played this driver and shaft enough to get a good feel for it.  Went through all the adjustments and found the best for (pretty much the way it came).  Normally I get along really well with Mitsubishi shafts but this one (for me) is a DUD.  It's just kind of 'BLAH".  So I now have put a new Project X HZRDUS yellow 5.5 into it and when the fresh snow melts I'll try it again.  For what it's worth, I'm 72 years old, have a 100 mph swing speed (Bridgestone ball test and golf show test).  I hit a good drive about 250 (measured with GPS) and once or twice a year will pop one 285 or so.  Most are in the fairway. 

Tell me about the Project X HZRDUS yellow.  I picked this as it is low spin and low launch.  The Tensei Blue was going too high.

What's In the Bag

Callaway Org 14 bag

I've tried the Tensei Blue CK 60-S twice now in two different heads and just can't get what I want out of it. Just recently I bought an Exotics EXS 10.5 with the stock Tensei Blue CK 60-S. Again... a non-starter for me.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

I think everyone pretty much summed it up. Mid launch, Mis/Low Spin. I have the 85 X in my M4 Hybrid and it fits that club perfectly. Really enjoy it. My buddy has the 65X in his driver and 75X in his 3 wood and loves it.

In my bag:

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Rogue ST Triple Diamond LS 10.5* (set to 9.5) UST Lin-Q Gunmetal 6f5

Wood: :titleist-small: Tsi2 15* Project X RDX Black 70 6.5

Hybrids: :cobra-small: King Utility 19.5* Diamana Tensei White Pro 90TX

Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra King Tour MIM 4-PW Dynamic Gold 120 X100

Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 50*, 54*, 58* Tour Issue S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Nashville Z1C 34"

Ball: :titleist-small:  Pro V1x

Here is my EXS with the new HZRDUS yellow shaft.  Ready to kick butt.

hzrdus1.jpg

hzrdus2.jpg

Edited by warbirdlover

What's In the Bag

Callaway Org 14 bag

Course was closed until tomorrow so went on the driving range and tuned this in. Had to set it up two lofts as with this shaft the launch was way too low. Switched the heavy weight with the light (heavy now in the back and light in the heel) and this thing was striping everything right down the center about 250 yards with range balls. A friend was on the driving range and I had him hit it as he is a long ball hitter. He striped the one shot he took right down the center out to 300 yards! I'm so pleased with how this turned out.

What's In the Bag

Callaway Org 14 bag

Just updated my sig and seeing if it "took".

What's In the Bag

Callaway Org 14 bag

How do I edit my signature?  I keep changing it and it goes back to the previous version.

What's In the Bag

Callaway Org 14 bag

2 hours ago, warbirdlover said:

How do I edit my signature?  I keep changing it and it goes back to the previous version.

You have to hit save after making your edits. When I first started doing it I kept forgetting to do that and it would revert to the old version.

In my bag:

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Rogue ST Triple Diamond LS 10.5* (set to 9.5) UST Lin-Q Gunmetal 6f5

Wood: :titleist-small: Tsi2 15* Project X RDX Black 70 6.5

Hybrids: :cobra-small: King Utility 19.5* Diamana Tensei White Pro 90TX

Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra King Tour MIM 4-PW Dynamic Gold 120 X100

Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 50*, 54*, 58* Tour Issue S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Nashville Z1C 34"

Ball: :titleist-small:  Pro V1x

I did hit save.  It didn't save.

Course was closed until tomorrow so went on the driving range and tuned this in. Had to set it up two lofts as with this shaft the launch was way too low. Switched the heavy weight with the light (heavy now in the back and light in the heel) and this thing was striping everything right down the center about 250 yards with range balls. A friend was on the driving range and I had him hit it as he is a long ball hitter. He striped the one shot he took right down the center out to 300 yards! I'm so pleased with how this turned out.

Played it yesterday. This driver WILL NOT go right or left with this shaft and setup. No draw, fade, slice or hook. If you over swing you can pull it but a nice swing ALWAYS gives you a straight shot in the direction you're lined up to. And they are as long as I've EVER hit on average. Whoo Hoo.

What's In the Bag

Callaway Org 14 bag

Wouldn't save it because I had too many lines.  Now it worked.

What's In the Bag

Callaway Org 14 bag

• 6 months later...

I recently purchased the EXS driver (10.5) with Tensei CK Blue (60G, Stiff). For a driver that you can pick up off the shelf for $300 (now $249), I must say that I am fairly impressed.

To mirror other comments in this thread, the shaft itself seems pretty reliable and predictable. It's sort of one of those things when you pick up a driver and wiggle it around and say to yourself "I'm not going to like this".. but when you add some speed, it feels pretty good. My brother has a tensei blue 50g stiff in his Nike driver and flushes it with a 111 club speed. I've been trying to talk him into something a little lower launching and with less spin for quite some time... but the formula still works for him, so why change? The shaft feels good at speed (I'm anywhere between 103-107 depending on how I'm feeling that day) and it is easy to locate the club head in the swing.

I also have an F8+ with HZRDUS yellow 6.0 (63g)- obviously this is a complete different beast as far as launch and spin. HZRDUS yellow and tensei blue couldn't be more different as far as performance and feel (yet I find them both easy to hit after I added some weight to the F8). 

In short, obviously you should at least hit the EXS or tensei blue if you aren't going to get a full-blown fitting - but all things considered, it was easy (for me) to pick up and take to the course and have some fun.