Sign in to follow this  
warbirdlover

Mitsubishi Tensei Blue shaft

It's pretty much a standard mid launch mid spin shaft. I wouldn't say it is remarkable in any way but it is a profile that will fit a large segment of average golfers. I couldn't possibly recommend it to you since I have never seen your swing. The best thing you could do is to schedule a fitting and go from there. 

• Like 2

Yep, GB summed it up perfectly. As he said will fit a lot of average golfers.  This was  and probably the reason it was the stock shaft in my Srixon Z785 driver, but I switched it out immediately to the Fuji Pro 2.0 that I also have in my JGR which I was fit for last summer. 

I took a few swings with it before switching and it was just as GB said, nothing remarkable or horrible either way.  

• Like 1

It was the stock shaft in the Mizuno ST-180 I tested last year. Solid shaft for a stock offering. If you're not going to get fit, it will probably work well.

However, please go get fit. It's too easy not to and shaft options are so good.

• Like 2

Thanks for the info.  I already bought a new Tour Edge EXS with it.  The company says it is not a "made for" shaft and is the real deal so went with it.  I've always got along well with most Mitsubishi shafts. 

Edited by warbirdlover
  • Like 2

Just now, warbirdlover said:

Thanks for the info.  I already bought a new Tour Edge EXS with it.  The company says it is not a "made for" shaft so went with it.  I've always got along well with most Mitsubishi shafts. 

Yep, definitely not a made for shaft. 

I love the blue, going to see how I do with the white just to see if u can squeeze a few more years and still keep under control

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

When I experimented with several shafts for my Cobra F8’s in the Cobra Connect Challenge II, I found the Tensei Blue was one of the better shafts for my swing. I ordered it for the F8 Driver, 3-4 Wood and 5-6 Wood. That was last April, they went into the bag in June and are still there.

The shaft provides a mid point flight. I am able to use a slight lag and get add’l yardage when needed.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

Thanks for the info.  I already bought a new Tour Edge EXS with it.  The company says it is not a "made for" shaft and is the real deal so went with it.  I've always got along well with most Mitsubishi shafts. 
Update with your thoughts on that driver + shaft combo after you've had a chance to hit and play it some ... Curious, and was kinda looking at the EXS + Tensei Blue myself (I had a chance to try that shaft during a driver fitting and liked it). Thx
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, cksurfdude said:
On 12/12/2018 at 7:54 AM, warbirdlover said:

Update with your thoughts on that driver + shaft combo after you've had a chance to hit and play it some ... Curious, and was kinda looking at the EXS + Tensei Blue myself (I had a chance to try that shaft during a driver fitting and liked it). Thx

Tried it during my TS2 fitting. Very smooth feeling, similar to the Kuro Kage in your signature. Little soft for me and I was having a hard time controlling it.

• Like 1

It didn’t work for me at all. I had a tremendously hard time getting the ball in the air with this shaft. I still own the shaft and have not tried it in any other club.

As a disclaimer I received the Mizuno ST 180 as a retirement gift. It came with the Tensei Blue shaft. After some research I changed it out for an Fuji Vista Pro. While the launch improved I am still not in love with the driver. I now only use the driver on the driving range from time to time.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

I found it very similar to the original Diamana Blueboard, in like for like weights - which ain't no bad thing...

The Tensei simply offers more lighter options.

• Like 1

If the snow ever melts and the temps ever get above freezing I will try this and advise.  I bought this EXS driver because I played the end of last summer with their HL3 and was bombing them compared to all the bigger name drivers I've owned.  I went from a Titleist 915D2 to a Cobra King LTD to the HL3 and the HL3 was far beyond the others in forgiveness and distance.  I'm 72 years old and I drove the green on one par 4 (from the gold tees), 285 yards.  Partner is my witness and so are the guys that were on the green and pointed to it.  Ball was a foot from the cart path just left of the green. 

• Like 1

I have the shaft in my M4 and really have found it to be a good performer for me.  I've always gotten along well with the Diamana shafts and it seems similar to me..  I don't have any issue with the ball flight with it assuming I put a decent swing on it.  Nothing will cure my bad swings that happen every so often and of course at the wrong possible times.  😂

• Like 1

On 12/7/2018 at 5:30 PM, warbirdlover said:

Has anyone used this and if so what do you think?

I have the AV blue but didn’t really get along with it. I am however IN LOVE with the new Diamana DF!

4 hours ago, puttingpirate said:

I have the AV blue but didn’t really get along with it. I am however IN LOVE with the new Diamana DF!

I've loved every single shaft in the Diamana Whiteboard/D series. I have the D+LTD 80 in my 3 wood and am looking to put the same shaft in my driver. 

Okay I've played this driver and shaft enough to get a good feel for it.  Went through all the adjustments and found the best for (pretty much the way it came).  Normally I get along really well with Mitsubishi shafts but this one (for me) is a DUD.  It's just kind of 'BLAH".  So I now have put a new Project X HZRDUS yellow 5.5 into it and when the fresh snow melts I'll try it again.  For what it's worth, I'm 72 years old, have a 100 mph swing speed (Bridgestone ball test and golf show test).  I hit a good drive about 250 (measured with GPS) and once or twice a year will pop one 285 or so.  Most are in the fairway. 

Tell me about the Project X HZRDUS yellow.  I picked this as it is low spin and low launch.  The Tensei Blue was going too high.

I've tried the Tensei Blue CK 60-S twice now in two different heads and just can't get what I want out of it. Just recently I bought an Exotics EXS 10.5 with the stock Tensei Blue CK 60-S. Again... a non-starter for me.

I think everyone pretty much summed it up. Mid launch, Mis/Low Spin. I have the 85 X in my M4 Hybrid and it fits that club perfectly. Really enjoy it. My buddy has the 65X in his driver and 75X in his 3 wood and loves it.

Posted (edited)

Here is my EXS with the new HZRDUS yellow shaft.  Ready to kick butt.

hzrdus1.jpg

hzrdus2.jpg

Edited by warbirdlover
  • Like 4