GolfSpy Barbajo

A Visit To Ben Hogan Headquarters

The Power Thrusts are a pretty easy to hit iron. Those are a set of 1961’s there. I have the 1960 model which are a little less busy appearance-wise. Great set of irons.

The Precisions....aptly named.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Awesome! Are they adding much to their lefty lineup? I've slowly started to see them offer more and more in LH which is great to see.

• Like 1

Interesting info, thanks for sharing!  I would have guessed a much larger, fancier facility given their long standing name in golf.  I presume the club heads are produced/machined elsewhere and shipped here for assembly?  Did they have a test area with a nice LM for you to trial some? 

23 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Interesting info, thanks for sharing!  I would have guessed a much larger, fancier facility given their long standing name in golf.  I presume the club heads are produced/machined elsewhere and shipped here for assembly?  Did they have a test area with a nice LM for you to trial some? 

Hogan is interesting - given their recent history. The digs they had at the old Fort Worth newspaper building were fancier, but ultimately is went away part and parcel of their 2017 bankruptcy. The company right now is right-sized for its business...and while the digs could be a bit fancier, it suits their needs for where they are right now. Modest is the word of the day...

As with pretty much every OEM, their heads are manufactured and finished in China at a high-end forging house, and they're assembled in Fort Worth under Steve Dreyer's watchful eye.  They do no testing for fitting there - so no hitting bays or anything. It's strictly assembly.

1 minute ago, JbcobbIII said:

Can you give us any details on new releases?!

Can you keep a secret?😎

• Like 6

....are there any plans to make drivers or putters? How about their hybrids, are they going to continue making them?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Tyler was great to deal with last summer when I bought my Hogan’s. It’s nice to see how they make this work so well. Couldn’t be happier with my Hogan’s.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

17 minutes ago, strokerAce said:

....are there any plans to make drivers or putters? How about their hybrids, are they going to continue making them?

When I talked to them a couple weeks ago, they said they are gonna restock the VKTR hybrids 18* to 27*. They will no longer offer a 17* VKTR Hybrid. Also, will most likely offer a Ft. Worth Hi as low as 18* as well being how much attention it has generated through the Most Wanted review.

• Like 1

I am seriously interested in a Hogan Driver/fw! But, after reading the reviews on the Tour Edge EXS, I am gonna look at that ASAP. If Hogan brings one out, I might have to buy 2 drivers next year! I don't want to be that guy.....I hate that guy....yep, gonna be that guy!

• Like 3

On 12/7/2018 at 4:14 PM, GolfSpy Stroker said:

They are putting teasers out on Facebook and I believe their website.  Monday was the first teaser release, and it was individual Equalizer wedges in black instead of the three wedge set.  They are only $105 each.  I'll probably try one when I retire the TK's, but it seemed like a rather weak release after they made a deal about it.

There is another teaser out for the 18th.  The background has was looks to be a milled putter face.  It looks a bit like the Ping Sigma crossed with a Cleveland SOFT?  So maybe the nest release is a putter with some face tech?  That seems to be a much bigger deal than an existing club in some new lofts.  I'm curious if this is their own putter or a partnership like they did with Bettinardi before.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, romeopapazulu said:

They are putting teasers out on Facebook and I believe their website.  Monday was the first teaser release, and it was individual Equalizer wedges in black instead of the three wedge set.  They are only $105 each.  I'll probably try one when I retire the TK's, but it seemed like a rather weak release after they made a deal about it.

There is another teaser out for the 18th.  The background has was looks to be a milled putter face.  It looks a bit like the Ping Sigma crossed with a Cleveland SOFT?  So maybe the nest release is a putter with some face tech?  That seems to be a much bigger deal than an existing club in some new lofts.  I'm curious if this is their own putter or a partnership like they did with Bettinardi before.

Now you got me all excited... Funny how the 18th is the Monday after payday lol

• Like 2

You know, the drive to Ft. Worth isn't all that bad from where I'm at... 🤔

Well@Golfspy Barbajo, did you get to fondle these putters? What were your thoughts?
Sounds like these won't be in the demo program for the near future.
I was really hoping for some face tech in these. It's hard to tell, but it looks like a constant mill across the face.

Sent from my SM-A600A using MyGolfSpy mobile app