TESTERS WANTED! ×

Weight Loss/Fitness Challenge for 2019

DrivenGolfPerformance

Fitness Challenge 2019  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be interested in taking part in a 2019 Fitness Challenge beginning in January?

Hey guys!

With the New Year just around the corner, I wanted to gauge how many of my fellow MGS-ers would be interested in a Fitness Challenge for 2019! It would be geared towards getting ready for the new golf season (for us cold weather folks) or for gaining that extra edge right now (for those who are lucky enough to get to play year-round). Feel free to respond to the poll for me whether you would be interested or not! I'd have to charge a little bit for it since it would take a fair amount of work for me to put it all together, but it would be pretty low-cost

I would include weekly workout plans and on-demand nutritional advice available through my page on MGS. The initial challenge would be for the month of January, but I would like to extend it beyond that if there is interest!

I noticed there was interest in this last year, but I didn't see much beyond that.

Anyways, I think it would be great to start something with a big group involved. Always much easier to stick to fitness goals and exercises when other people hold you accountable!

Thanks in advance! 💪

A whole group of us did this last year. It was great. I actually surpassed my goal of 168 (41 lbs) and have happily resided at between 164-165 for 2 months.

I hope that you get another group of spies to do likewise in the upcoming year. It’s not that hard to lose weight and get fit. In fact it’s actually fun!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I’m 6’5”, 209, so not really in need of losing weight, but I could use some core work, and strengthening for golf.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

BTW I have every intention of continuing to work on my fitness. People at church think I’m still loosing weight. I’m really not but the distribution continues to change. That and I’m slowly upgrading my wardrobe so the loss is more noticeable.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Same as PMMookie

I'm 6' 2 190 lbs. 

I spent about the last 10 months concentrating on flexibility with strength conditioning after. Now I have switched it around with the emphasis on strength conditioning first with stretching exercises after. I have 2 routines that I alternate with the addition of the following:

1. Jump rope everyday

2. Rotating side planks every other day.

3. Push ups 2-3x / wk.

https://furthermore.equinox.com/articles/2018/10/weight-weight-plate-workout

https://furthermore.equinox.com/articles/2017/08/golf-workout

What's in my Mizuno BR-D2 bag

OFFICIAL TESTER FOR THE PING i500 CLUBS.

Currently playing Ping i500 w/ Alta CB graphite shafts 

:mizuno-small: MP 25 - fitted w/ Project X shafts - stiff

:titelist-small: 60  / 56  :mizuno-small: 52

:titelist-small: 910 D2 driver - 9.5 degree -fitted13   F 3 wood 13.5 deg   :nike-small: CPR 3 hybrid

:nike-small: Method mallet

Dexterity:

I shoot left-handed so no one can ask me "Hey, can I try that club?" 

Twitter @GolfingHat      Instagram  @Mizunostixgolfnut

Sounds like a great idea.  I just finished up with an 8 week workout program and was debating what to get into next.  Welcome aboard!

Driver: :cobra-small: RADSPEED 10.5°, Project X Even Flow RIPTIDE 60 6.5
Fairway Wood:  :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 16.5°, Mitsubishi TENSEI AV White 75 X
3 Hybrid: :cobra-small:F9, LA Golf Tour AXS Red 85 X
4 Iron: Ping G410 Crossover
5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged, KBS Tour Stiff
Wedges: :vokey-small: Jet Black 50°08F, 54°12D, 58°08M, True Temper Dynamic Gold Black S200
Putter:  :odyssey-small: StrokeLab White Hot OG #7, 35", Evnroll Tourtac grip
Putter2: :edel-golf-1: Array model?????

Currently testing the Edel Array putter

13 hours ago, revkev said:

A whole group of us did this last year. It was great. I actually surpassed my goal of 168 (41 lbs) and have happily resided at between 164-165 for 2 months.

I hope that you get another group of spies to do likewise in the upcoming year. It’s not that hard to lose weight and get fit. In fact it’s actually fun!

That’s awesome! Great to hear you’ve been able to stick with it. I hope to make that happen, too! 

12 hours ago, PMookie said:

I’m 6’5”, 209, so not really in need of losing weight, but I could use some core work, and strengthening for golf.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yeah, the primary focus doesn’t have to be about weight loss specifically. I would personalize your routine to match those goals you mentioned. Message me if you’re still interested!

5 hours ago, Har in the Hat said:

Same as PMMookie

I'm 6' 2 190 lbs. 

I spent about the last 10 months concentrating on flexibility with strength conditioning after. Now I have switched it around with the emphasis on strength conditioning first with stretching exercises after. I have 2 routines that I alternate with the addition of the following:

1. Jump rope everyday

2. Rotating side planks every other day.

3. Push ups 2-3x / wk.

https://furthermore.equinox.com/articles/2018/10/weight-weight-plate-workout

https://furthermore.equinox.com/articles/2017/08/golf-workout

Thanks for the response, and congrats for sticking with it that long! I’m sure you’ve seen improvements from that consistency.   If you’re interested in some new routines or have any questions feel free to message me 👍🏼

9 hours ago, DrivenGolfPerformance said:

Thanks for the response, and congrats for sticking with it that long! I’m sure you’ve seen improvements from that consistency.   If you’re interested in some new routines or have any questions feel free to message me 👍🏼

Thank you for that.

What's in my Mizuno BR-D2 bag

OFFICIAL TESTER FOR THE PING i500 CLUBS.

Currently playing Ping i500 w/ Alta CB graphite shafts 

:mizuno-small: MP 25 - fitted w/ Project X shafts - stiff

:titelist-small: 60  / 56  :mizuno-small: 52

:titelist-small: 910 D2 driver - 9.5 degree -fitted13   F 3 wood 13.5 deg   :nike-small: CPR 3 hybrid

:nike-small: Method mallet

Dexterity:

I shoot left-handed so no one can ask me "Hey, can I try that club?" 

Twitter @GolfingHat      Instagram  @Mizunostixgolfnut

Joining Lifetime Fitness has been the best thing I've ever done for my health. In the best shape of my life. I was never overweight, but I was always skinny with very little muscle mass. My body type always hid my lack of actual physical fitness. Eating right and working out regularly has changed everything

IMG_20181215_104845_904.thumb.jpeg.c3cb48ae52a66874336a7bd4c8be0bae.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...

I cracked and had a few Miller Lites today. In fairness to me I spent my day doing home improvement projects with SWMBO and it was beer or divorce.

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

Got a procedure done on Friday and the doc said I had to take a couple days off. Back at it Monday as I have a lunch time basketball work league as well as a basketball league with some buddies that evening. I should get plenty of cardio in and will be lifting weights on Tuesday.

Driver:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngMavrik Sub Zero 9* (Set to 10) Ventus Blue 6X

2 Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSI3 Hybrid Tensei Blue 80 X (17.25*)

3 Hybrid :titelist-small: 818 H2 Hybrid Hzrdus RDX Black 6.5 (20.5*)

4 Iron -  :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron Graphite Design Tour AD IZ X Hybrid Shaft

Irons 5-PW:  :titelist-small: T100-S 5 - GW KBS Tour 130 X

Gap/Sand Wedge:  :titelist-small: Vokey SM6 49*  SM8 54* 

Lob Wedge:  image.png.3c6db1120d888f669e07d4a8f890b3f1.pngJaws 5 Wedge 58* DG Tour Issue Stiff

Putter:   :scotty-small: Phantom 5.5 34"      Pro Platinum Newport 2 35"      Taylormade Tour Black Spider 34"

I'm a Moderator on a military infantry forum and motivated the parents by starting an 8 week boot camp.  I started it to help the parents stay busy while their trainees (Infantry) were going through basic combat training. It's an awesome thing to watch people become excited about their health and get hooked on a healthier lifestyle !  

A couple of the pics I posted are really eye opening as to what you  can do if you set your mind to it.  I stopped drinking 9 months ago as I had to go in a different direction.  I'm hanging at 203 lbs right now as my body seems to be comfortable at that weight.  Like JLukes said, you can become stronger, healthier, and a happier person if you take charge of your health!

The pictures below show me at age 55 when I was a beer guzzling machine!  The other pic shows me now at 68 years old and going to the gym 4 days per week and golfing two.  I'm hooked on fitness and you should be too.  Hooah! 🏃‍♂️🏋️‍♂️🚴‍♂️🇺🇸

Have a great 2019 .  Look at yourself in the mirror and decide if that is what you want to finish the year looking like.  You CAN improve your fitness and feel better.  It's up to you!

FatBllPic.jpg

HealthyBill.JPG

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

I was just at an all time high of of 291 but dropped to 288 yestetday. since my daughter left for college in August and then my dog died a couple months ago,  25 lbs since Sept 1...ugghI just havent been active enough. I also had carpal tunnel surgery on my left hand 12/27 and just  did right hand 1/15 so lots of tv, books. and couch time. I alao quit smoking almost a year ago which is a good , but not on the waist. 

Would love to be 225 which is good for me. Trying to walk an hour 5 or 6 days a week and not eat out

Hope to be back to work 2nd week of Feb. and hope to be out chipping and putting mid Feb and maybe if Im lucky hitting full shots March 1. 

DRIVER: Cobra F9 10.5  Tensei AV Blue 65g

3W- Callway XR PRO 16 stiff

5W- Alpha- Mitsubishi Diamana  Redboard w/band

Irons- Mizuno JPX 919 Tours with S KBS Tour shafts

Hyrbid- TM 4h mid-rescue

Vokey- Vokey SM5 51 degrees,  SM7 Wedges 54 and 58 1/2 half 3 degrees upright

Putter- Taylor Made Rossa Monza Mini Spider

Ball-ProV1 and AVX

I was just at an all time high of of 291 but dropped to 288 yestetday. since my daughter left for college in August and then my dog died a couple months ago,  25 lbs since Sept 1...ugghI just havent been active enough. I also had carpal tunnel surgery on my left hand 12/27 and just  did right hand 1/15 so lots of tv, books. and couch time. I alao quit smoking almost a year ago which is a good , but not on the waist. 
Would love to be 225 which is good for me. Trying to walk an hour 5 or 6 days a week and not eat out
Hope to be back to work 2nd week of Feb. and hope to be out chipping and putting mid Feb and maybe if Im lucky hitting full shots March 1. 

Keep at and you'll achieve your goals. We have a bunch of guys that lost a lot of weight on this forum last year.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel