andrewD18

New guy from Georgia

Hey All, 

My name is Andrew and I've been hanging around the forums for a bit but wanted to get more involved.  I live in Georgia and I have been playing golf for about 2 and a half years.

I probably have a similar story to others but I played a lot of baseball growing up and coaches preferred I stayed away from the golf course, my dad wasn't a big golfer either so it never really held much interest for me.  After I started work for a large accounting firm I found that I was getting a lot of invites to go golf and got sick of looking like an idiot on the course so I started playing with friends on the weekends and it snowballed REAL fast.  I joined my fatherinlaw's country club and brought my handicap down from a 26 to a 12/13 over the last year and a half or so with lessons and playing every chance I get!  Looking forward to joining the Spy community in earnest. 

• Like 5

Welcome aboard from a fellow Georgian!  You'll enjoy it where the folks are great and the golf info is awesome!

• Like 1

Hey All, 
My name is Andrew and I've been hanging around the forums for a bit but wanted to get more involved.  I live in Georgia and I have been playing golf for about 2 and a half years.
I probably have a similar story to others but I played a lot of baseball growing up and coaches preferred I stayed away from the golf course, my dad wasn't a big golfer either so it never really held much interest for me.  After I started work for a large accounting firm I found that I was getting a lot of invites to go golf and got sick of looking like an idiot on the course so I started playing with friends on the weekends and it snowballed REAL fast.  I joined my fatherinlaw's country club and brought my handicap down from a 26 to a 12/13 over the last year and a half or so with lessons and playing every chance I get!  Looking forward to joining the Spy community in earnest. 

Welcome and congrats on bringing that handicap down.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 1

Welcome from the Pacific Northwest!  Glad you joined us Andrew.  Nice job getting the 'cap cut in half!!

Welcome to the forum from Indiana

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy