Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Miura The Perfect Club

RickyBobby_PR

The Tungsten in the 4-7 Iron make them extremely forgiving.   These are the clubs that broke my 15 year love affair with Mizuno 🙂 

5 Iron.jpg

Texan Raised in Maryland

OnOff Kuro 2015 Irons 5-PW NS. Pro Modus 105 

Titleist TSi3 MC Tensei White 65 

Ping G425 Max  14.5 Max MC Tensei Orange 75

Ping Anser 23 degree Hybrid

Mizuno T20  50 ,54,58 Wedges

Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2 

Titleist Pro V-1X

That was great! If I could afford them, I would definitely buy them. But I can't, so............ I'll just dream!
On a different but same level, I use Japanese chisels, hand saws and plane irons for the same reason..... quality!

Not to thread jack, but I guess I am.....

Do you like the Japanese saws and cutting on the pull stroke instead of the push stroke?

I’ve been intrigued by them but have never owned any.

And back on topic, Miura’s are beautiful clubs. Although I prefer my Kyoei forged KZG’s over the Miura wedges I had for feel.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WITB:

Stan Thompson “Reactionizer” persimmon woods 1-4

Spalding Tour Edition 3-PW

Spalding Top-Flite E.V.A. Sand Club

Rife Legend Z Putter

Very interesting video.. A true artist!

Starting at 6:06, what he said about the sweet spot on irons is very interesting.. Look forward to test this..

Inside:       KZG    Cart bag
Driver:       vc.jpeg.51b8ae4077fd6a724c9d244beb6d5961.jpeg  VC-420, 9°,  New Wave, 60g, S, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4 Align
3W & 5W: VCF.jpg.28cf0530ff34207441e2cab0de65e415.jpg  VC-F, 15° & 19°,  Acer Superleggera, S, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4 Align
Hybrid:     h300.jpeg.0fd263037294dd038959ca1315cacdae.jpeg  H370, 22°,  KBS Tour 90 Satin, S, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4 Align
Irons:        kzg1.jpg.67fb8eedd8da2fd65559451f06ecfee3.jpg  Evolution, 5-PW,  KBS Tour 90 Satin, S, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4 Align
Wedges:   trs.jpg.1d3d095ab92f45dc70b8a5e89e0aee05.jpg TRS, 54°, 56°, 60°,  KBS Tour 90 Satin, S, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4 Align
Putter:       :ping-small:  Original Anser 2.0, 33", Super Stroke Slim 3.0 grip

I think the sweet spot on blades is more towards the heel because of the hosel weight. That is part of the reason why Wilson does a bore-through hosel from what I understand—to remove weight from the hosel.

With more forgiving cavity backs and players cavities the sweet spot can be positioned in the center of the face.

Someone once told me that because  better players who play blades typically swing from inside out on the downswing, that a heel-biased sweet spot is more easily accommodated. I don't know though.

Bag: Bennington Quiet Organizer 9-Lite (link)

Cart: :Clicgear: 3.5+

Driver:  :cobra-small:  F9 speedback, Accra iWood

Woods:  Sonartec GS Tour 14*, Fujikura Six S
DI:  :titelist-small:  T-MB 2 iron, KBS Tour-V 120 X,
Irons: :Miura: PP-9003SN 4-GW, Nippon 1150GH Stiff
Wedges: :Miura: 1957 K-grind SW, LW, Nippon 1150GH Stiff
Putter: :odyssey-small: EXO Indianapolis (link)
Ball: :Snell: MTB

2 hours ago, chemclub said:

I think the sweet spot on blades is more towards the heel because of the hosel weight. That is part of the reason why Wilson does a bore-through hosel from what I understand—to remove weight from the hosel.

With more forgiving cavity backs and players cavities the sweet spot can be positioned in the center of the face.

Someone once told me that because  better players who play blades typically swing from inside out on the downswing, that a heel-biased sweet spot is more easily accommodated. I don't know though.

You are correct.

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

• 3 weeks later...

Really like the adventures in golf series with Eric, really cool to get a peak behind the process for the clubs. 

I've had folks from my club try my Miura's out and a few went out to get some sets. Pretty solid clubs, and with the amount of money you really should get fit- especially if you don't already know your specs.

They really know how to hide offset and make a club seem bigger or smaller than it really is. 

My Mixed-Bag:

Driver:      :callaway-small: Mavrik Sub zero, ventus black 7x

Fairway:     Still looking!

Irons:         :mizuno-small:MP-18 MB 4-PW

Wedges:     Miura K Grinds

Putter:       Evnroll 1.2 blade

Ball:        :srixon-small: Z star XV

On 1/20/2019 at 12:40 PM, deejaid said:

Not to thread jack, but I guess I am.....

Do you like the Japanese saws and cutting on the pull stroke instead of the push stroke?

I’ve been intrigued by them but have never owned any.

And back on topic, Miura’s are beautiful clubs. Although I prefer my Kyoei forged KZG’s over the Miura wedges I had for feel.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I like the Japanese saws for cutting dovetails. You can use two fingers to just pull the saw through the cut. I prefer a push stroke for cutting most anything else.

On 2/15/2019 at 10:52 AM, Fireinthehole said:

Really like the adventures in golf series with Eric, really cool to get a peak behind the process for the clubs. 

I've had folks from my club try my Miura's out and a few went out to get some sets. Pretty solid clubs, and with the amount of money you really should get fit- especially if you don't already know your specs.

They really know how to hide offset and make a club seem bigger or smaller than it really is. 

Those CB 57's are absolute stunners! I was close to getting them but I preferred the look of the PP9003SN at address - something about the high toe just spoke to me.

Noticed you made nice bag choice too!

Bag: Bennington Quiet Organizer 9-Lite (link)

Cart: :Clicgear: 3.5+

Driver:  :cobra-small:  F9 speedback, Accra iWood

Woods:  Sonartec GS Tour 14*, Fujikura Six S
DI:  :titelist-small:  T-MB 2 iron, KBS Tour-V 120 X,
Irons: :Miura: PP-9003SN 4-GW, Nippon 1150GH Stiff
Wedges: :Miura: 1957 K-grind SW, LW, Nippon 1150GH Stiff
Putter: :odyssey-small: EXO Indianapolis (link)
Ball: :Snell: MTB

On 1/24/2019 at 10:14 AM, Mpicurien said:

Very interesting video.. A true artist!

Starting at 6:06, what he said about the sweet spot on irons is very interesting.. Look forward to test this..

Like the clubs you play in your signature. Glad to see someone on here besides DJ and myself playing KZG. Even though I am a little different from him I do not like soft wedges so I carry Cleveland wedges instead of KZG

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

On 2/19/2019 at 12:22 PM, BIG STU said:

Like the clubs you play in your signature. Glad to see someone on here besides DJ and myself playing KZG. Even though I am a little different from him I do not like soft wedges so I carry Cleveland wedges instead of KZG

I just love the feel of my KZG .. never felt this with any clubs yet, but I sure would like to test those Miura clubs 👌🏼

Inside:       KZG    Cart bag
Driver:       vc.jpeg.51b8ae4077fd6a724c9d244beb6d5961.jpeg  VC-420, 9°,  New Wave, 60g, S, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4 Align
3W & 5W: VCF.jpg.28cf0530ff34207441e2cab0de65e415.jpg  VC-F, 15° & 19°,  Acer Superleggera, S, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4 Align
Hybrid:     h300.jpeg.0fd263037294dd038959ca1315cacdae.jpeg  H370, 22°,  KBS Tour 90 Satin, S, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4 Align
Irons:        kzg1.jpg.67fb8eedd8da2fd65559451f06ecfee3.jpg  Evolution, 5-PW,  KBS Tour 90 Satin, S, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4 Align
Wedges:   trs.jpg.1d3d095ab92f45dc70b8a5e89e0aee05.jpg TRS, 54°, 56°, 60°,  KBS Tour 90 Satin, S, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4 Align
Putter:       :ping-small:  Original Anser 2.0, 33", Super Stroke Slim 3.0 grip

On 2/17/2019 at 10:06 AM, chemclub said:

Those CB 57's are absolute stunners! I was close to getting them but I preferred the look of the PP9003SN at address - something about the high toe just spoke to me.

Noticed you made nice bag choice too!

Haha I did and it was 100% based on your reviews!

My Mixed-Bag:

Driver:      :callaway-small: Mavrik Sub zero, ventus black 7x

Fairway:     Still looking!

Irons:         :mizuno-small:MP-18 MB 4-PW

Wedges:     Miura K Grinds

Putter:       Evnroll 1.2 blade

Ball:        :srixon-small: Z star XV

• 3 years later...
On 12/13/2018 at 11:12 AM, RickyBobby_PR said:

Not sure if anyone’s seen this but it’s pretty good and fascinating. I’m a fan of Miura and after watching this I want another set.

On 12/13/2018 at 11:12 AM, RickyBobby_PR said:

Not sure if anyone’s seen this but it’s pretty good and fascinating. I’m a fan of Miura and after watching this I want another set.

I just fell in love.

Driver: Taylormade Burner

3 Wood: Nike SQ

Hybrids: Nike CPR

Irons: Wilson Fatshaft

Wedges: Cleveland

Putter: Nike

• 5 weeks later...
On 12/13/2018 at 10:10 AM, Angry Yeti said:

I actually watched this yesterday without seeing your thread.

I've never hit a Miura, but certainly want to try after this video. They seem so humble about what they've achieved. They also seem to have only strengthened their resolve to make the perfect clubs, it's awesome to watch.

I play Mizuno and love them but I have always been intrigued by Miura. Have yet to hit a Miura but I just may have to. 

Larry A. Merrick