Testers Announced! Callaway Paradym Ai Smoke Drivers and Autoflex Dream 7 Shafts! ×

Brief aesthetic report on the new stuff...

Golfware

Hi all,

So this is purely from an aesthetics point of view, as I didn't hit anything.

- 2010 Burner Superfast: Plain and simple. FUGLY. Hugely FUGLY. I played golf with a fella over the weekend that has the 07 Burner, and he hit it well. Nice looking driver. I have the 09 Burner TP, and love the look. The 2010 Superfast looks like they took the 09 Burner TP and stuck it in the butt with HGH and anabolic steriods. yes, the face is ridiculously deep, but no thanks. I'll have to pass.

- R9 Supertri: Nice looking stick. Plan and simple. Nothing super fancy and I didn't feel compared that I just had to go and hit it. When struck me was that how BIG it seemed. Seems much larger than the R9 460 TP that I had as well as the Superquad. Held the Supertri TP in my hands and the setup was perfect.

- FT Tour: I was about to pull out my credit card on the spot, without even hitting it! That driver IS the bomb from a looks point of view. Wow. I really want one. I really really want one and will get one. It's just the perfect shape, IMHGO. The Voodoo and the white/black NDMC grip look so sharp. Can't WAIT to try this baby.

- Diablo Edge Tour: Another VERY nice looking stick. If it weren't for the FT Tour, I'd have been all over the DET for sure.

- FT-iZ: Once glance, and I think I damaged my retna's. Man, this driver is FUGLY. It has to have the shallowest face of ANY driver on the market. Seriously. The face just looks so odd. No thanks. Looks like Callaway took the Titleist 907D1 and smoothed the lines out a bit. Man, it is one UGLY driver.

Cheers!

Current bag: Some Callaway, some Cleveland. Down to 2 OEM's!

Take a look at some of the Super game improvement and GI irons (thats what I've been looking at lately) and the we will talk ugly... some of those are huge with flash colors and logos, that just scream "Look at me I'm a sucky golfer"... I just want something with classic looks that will help me improve my game not clown sticks...

Look at these compared to some of the other, higher end Mizuno's...

mx_100_LG.jpg

and these... REALLY????

EdgeIronWomen.jpg

My Bag:
Driver - 
:cobra-small:  King F6+

3 Wood -  :callaway-small: XR16
Hybrids -  :srixon-small:  ZH45
Irons -  :mizuno-small:  JPX 850 Pro

Wedges -  :callaway-small: Mac Daddy 2
Putter -   :taylormade-small: Spider Tour Red
Bag - Ogio Grom Stand

Take a look at some of the Super game improvement and GI irons (thats what I've been looking at lately) and the we will talk ugly... some of those are huge with flash colors and logos, that just scream "Look at me I'm a sucky golfer"... I just want something with classic looks that will help me improve my game not clown sticks...

Look at these compared to some of the other, higher end Mizuno's...

mx_100_LG.jpg

and these... REALLY????

EdgeIronWomen.jpg

You should check out the older model Callaway Big Bertha's, or even the PING G5's. Outstanding sets of SGI irons.

Current bag: Some Callaway, some Cleveland. Down to 2 OEM's!

When it comes to Game improvement irons, you wont find many models that will be "easy on the eyes". There is some golden rule of designers that each game improvement iron created must be uglier than sin. When you combine the horrible looks of most sets along with the thicker lines it just does not please my eyes.

Machspeed misses the visual mark for me. Like the Victory Red a bunch though. Very clean at address.

I agree 100% on the Machspeed...it isn't the best looking club to date, but I have heard some success stories of people who have tried it. There is something about the Victory Red drivers that bothers me and I think it is the channel that runs along the bottom of the club, but obviously I don't see the bottom that often.

Archived