TESTERS WANTED! ×

MyGolfSpy - Business Card Ideas

GolfSpy_X

• SPY VIP

Ok fellas MyGolfSpy needs an official business card for the PGA Show and other events. So...put your thinkin' caps on.

I definitely want to include the logo on the card. But I also want to add some type of secret agent, spy like espionage type feel to the card.

Maybe even a secret code that people have to come to the site to decipher or something along those lines.

(If we chose your design we will send you a prize...some cash and gifts...sound good)

Can be just an idea, a sketch, photoshop design, etc...all ideas accepted.

ANY IDEAS??

#TruthDigest

You could make it MacGyver-esque: have different slide-out gadgets such as divot tool, tee, ball marker and clip. Also, have the MGS logo done up as a hologram.

Of course it would probably have to be made of plastic - like a credit card - and about 3 to 4 credit cards thick, thus making it more like a business "case" as opposed to a business "card."'

Oh well, I tried....

Black card, all white text. Have the MGS logo on the right side of the card and place it in a circle where the background is in white and then do crosshairs over the image if you're feeling edgey.

I imagine the MGS name would be to the left of the image with the details underneath. For the MGS name go with white text (on the black background) except for the O in golf. Replace the background with white and then have the "o" in black. The background colour change could either be a circle to better fit the shape of a golf ball or a square to be like a computer cusor.

If you want to roll with a secret login/code thing, I would put a skill testing question on the back of card in green text (think assembly code text colour) and have the question answer be the login password or something. This way you know people not only read the card but thought about it by thinking about the answer or reseaching it to be able to login.

If I can scrounge some time tomorrow I'll do up a quick photoshop image for you to play around with.

Other thoughts for changing how the logo would be presented:

A: Have an outline of a human head and neck and colour block it with white. Shrink the MGS logo down, block it in with black and place in the brain area of the head

B: Less spy themey, but you could go with something like a Ying/Yang symbol (which I bet describes your relationship with some of the OEM's some days) and then place a colour blocked out image of the MGS logo where the dot would be at the center of the tear drop. IE a blacked out MGS logo placed in the center of the white site and a white logo placed in the center of the black side.

I laught at your claims to fight a zombie apocalypse when most of you can't stand up to a Spider

• SPY VIP

What about forgoing the card altogether and getting the info printed on a actual magnifying glass?

Maybe like these: http://www.logosurfing.com/promotional-items/desktop-&-office-items/magnifiers/clear-handle-magnifier.html

Just a quick google search. 11 day turn around.

Something like this would be less likely to be lost amidst the other cards that people will pick up. Plus, they may get passed to the kids of the attendees. That way, every time the kid takes it out to play, the attendee remembers MGS. I have stacks of business cards that no matter how cool, are in a pile, forgotten.

Granted you will want to have paper ones to pass out in a non-convention setting. However, at an event such as the PGA show, having this atypical business card will stand out.

Plane ride and a hotel room and I'll be happy to help you pass them out. :lol:

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

This is my idea but I found someone had already invented it, I hate that! Anyway, how about a scratch and win business card? It can have your details on and the recipient scratches and wins....free membership in the forum!! ...or something

http://www.scratchoff.com/

moz-screenshot-3.png

Post theft of my clubs and gear, I have all new:In the bags:

ClicGear cart bag; Mizuno Carry Bag.

Clic Gear 2.0 cart.

Lamkin mid size grips on all.

KZG VC-420 Driver 10.5 deg with 38 lb flex black NovaTech 6000 shaft.

KZG Q 3 Wood 15 deg with 37 lb Fierce Full Force shaft silver

KZG Q 5 Wood, 19 deg with 37 lb Fierce Full Force shaft silver

KZG H370 Tour hybrid 22 deg with Silver NovaTech shaft 38 lbs

KZG forged cavity back CBIII wedges AW -5 iron, bent 3 deg up, with silver 38lb graphite NovaTech shafts

KZG 60 degree forged wedge NS shaft.

Callaway X Jaw 64 degree wedge

Odyssey Putter.

Vision Golf Balls Test Pilot, Titleist ProV1x

Open for sponsorship

I'm on it. should have one or two by tonight. How many colors? 2 sided or single sided? Do you have a print shop already picked out?

Edit: These will be somewhat rough unless I can get the high res pics of the logo.

PING: Rapture V1 9° Aldila VS Proto 'By You' (65 Stiff)

TITLEIST: 906F4 15.5° Aldila VS Proto 'By You' (80 Stiff)

COBRA: 5w Speed LD F/ST Tour AD YS Designed by Graphite Design made for Cobra Stiff

PING: S59 Rifle 6.5 Soft stepped

PING: Tour 48°, 52°, 58°

Byron SS Custom 006

Titelist Pro V 1

Ping hoofer Vantage

"Everyday you miss practicing, it will take you one day longer to get good." -Ben Hogan

Screen shot 2010-12-15 at 7.36.22 PM.png

COBRA: 5w Speed LD F/ST Tour AD YS Designed by Graphite Design made for Cobra Stiff

Byron SS Custom 006

Titelist Pro V 1

Ping hoofer Vantage

"Everyday you miss practicing, it will take you one day longer to get good." -Ben Hogan

Screen shot 2010-12-15 at 7.49.17 PM.png

Byron SS Custom 006

Titelist Pro V 1

Ping hoofer Vantage

Computer is running slow tonight. I will try and kick out some better ones soon.

Byron SS Custom 006

Titelist Pro V 1

Ping hoofer Vantage

Simple design, the fedora can be put on the backside. I tried to match the font the best I can.

Screen shot 2010-12-15 at 8.32.49 PM.png

Byron SS Custom 006

Titelist Pro V 1

Ping hoofer Vantage

Crowdsourcing is hard to do. Not a lot of relationships are built and the product suffers in the long run.

Byron SS Custom 006

Titelist Pro V 1

Ping hoofer Vantage

Would it be possible to pick 3 designs and then work with them more closely? Just trying to look out for the collective.

Byron SS Custom 006

Titelist Pro V 1

Ping hoofer Vantage

• SPY VIP

Explain what you mean Funky. Not sure I followed you on this one. Really just looking for clever concepts that would be super creative ways of displaying the brand at shows etc. I can then make them up in Photoshop. I don;t want you to feel like you have to actually do the mock-ups.

Would it be possible to pick 3 designs and then work with them more closely? Just trying to look out for the collective.

#TruthDigest

• SPY VIP

This is a good idea and creative..will have to see if we can find one that will allow us to imprint what we need on them.

What about forgoing the card altogether and getting the info printed on a actual magnifying glass?

Maybe like these: http://www.logosurfi...-magnifier.html

Just a quick google search. 11 day turn around.

Something like this would be less likely to be lost amidst the other cards that people will pick up. Plus, they may get passed to the kids of the attendees. That way, every time the kid takes it out to play, the attendee remembers MGS. I have stacks of business cards that no matter how cool, are in a pile, forgotten.

Granted you will want to have paper ones to pass out in a non-convention setting. However, at an event such as the PGA show, having this atypical business card will stand out.

Plane ride and a hotel room and I'll be happy to help you pass them out. :)

#TruthDigest

Explain what you mean Funky. Not sure I followed you on this one. Really just looking for clever concepts that would be super creative ways of displaying the brand at shows etc. I can then make them up in Photoshop. I don;t want you to feel like you have to actually do the mock-ups.

Just that croudsourcing only gets you so far with concepts. I am sure you would have done this anyway, but furthering the designs with the concepts creator. Ideas only go so far. And I just figured I had Photoshop so I might as well use it.

Byron SS Custom 006

Titelist Pro V 1

Ping hoofer Vantage

Byron SS Custom 006

Titelist Pro V 1

Ping hoofer Vantage

I think a grip idea would work. Have it shaped like a grip with the Info on it. It just all depends on how much you want to spend. Also, I think a fedora with the info would be neat.

Byron SS Custom 006

Titelist Pro V 1

Ping hoofer Vantage

I would think, to keep costs low, when doing the paper route to make the card stock black with white printing. It would add a "film noir" look (my favorite type of spy movies) to it and stand out among all the white cards.

Nothing helps you find a lost ball better than a provisional hit straight down the middle.

• SPY VIP

I was actually checking out those sites yesterday as well. I have always loved business card designs...some really creative ideas out there. Just trying to find one that sparks the whole spy like theme I am thinking of.

#TruthDigest

I used to have clear business cards. They were extra cool, but you could not write anything on the back, so while they were snappy, kind of useless.

Here is an example that is not mine

clear_onhand_350.jpg

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

UV Business cards, (in otherwords, blacklight business cards). You need a blacklight to read them, that'd be neat, though don't know how many people would get it if you handed them a black card.

Something spy-esque though.

Ooooh, do one in braile. That'd be a tough nut to crack for nearly everyone.

Or how about one of those things you can take a picture of on your smart phone that takes you to a website?

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

Another idea? Print them on rice paper, like what bookies use, so people can wet them afterward and the cards disappear.

Invisible ink maybe?

In The Bag

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

• SPY VIP

Had another idea for the PGA show. Thinking about conventions, nothing draws attention to a product like hot booth babes.

Made me remember the Par Mates from the Vegas thread (facebook link http://www.facebook.com/ParMates)

Be sure to check the photo gallery, damn...

Wearing a skimpy "spy" outfit, a fedora, & sunglasses. Then your business card could be printed on dried turds and people would be stoked to get one.

Sexist and exploitative, yep

Effective marketing, also yep

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

• SPY VIP

Had another idea for the PGA show. Thinking about conventions, nothing draws attention to a product like hot booth babes.

Made me remember the Par Mates from the Vegas thread (facebook link http://www.facebook.com/ParMates)

Be sure to check the photo gallery, damn...

Wearing a skimpy "spy" outfit, a fedora, & sunglasses. Then your business card could be printed on dried turds and people would be stoked to get one.

Sexist and exploitative, yep

Effective marketing, also yep

Sactown, I don't think either me or MyGolfSpy would look too hot in a skimpy outfit...fedora or no fedora.

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

Sactown, I don't think either me or MyGolfSpy would look too hot in a skimpy outfit...fedora or no fedora.

Thanks, now we're all thinking about a dude in a man thong sporting a brown fedora instead of a hot 20-something buxom lass with a brown bathingsuit sporting a brown fedora... You had to ruin that link for us huh?

In The Bag

Thanks, now we're all thinking about a dude in a man thong sporting a brown fedora instead of a hot 20-something buxom lass with a brown bathingsuit sporting a brown fedora... You had to ruin that link for us huh?

Mankinis are the only way to go

very-nice-borat.JPG

Archived