TESTERS WANTED! ×

miura irons

Dee

I did and they had TT DG S300 shafts in them.

I think Miura makes a good club, but you can find just as good from Mizuno for a cheaper price.

3JACK

Author of Pro Golf Synopsis. The Moneyball approach to golf strategy and analysis.Driver: Wishon 919THI, 10° loft, UST Mamiya VTS Red 7x, 44-3/8” long, 2,825 kg/cm^2 MOIGONZO WOOD: confidential2-Hybrid: Mizuno Fli-HiCLK, 17° loft, 40-7/8" KBS Tour Hybrid shaft (stiff)3-Hybrid: Mizuno Fli-HiCLK, 20° loft, 40" KBS Tour Hybrid shaft (stiff)4-6 iron: Wishon 575MMC (CB)7-PW: Wishon 575MMC (MB)SW: Edel Golf driver grind, 52° loft, 16° bounce, Nippon WV 125 shaft.LW: Edel Golf Digger Grind, 60° loft, 27° bounce, Nippon WV 125 ShaftPutter: Edel Golf Columbia Custom Made, 35" long, 72° lie angle, 3° loft. Ball: Titleist Pro V1xGrips: PURE Grips P2 Wrap (red)Shoes: FootJoy Dry-Joy (black, size 14)3Jack's Golf Blog - http://3jack.blogspot.com

I did and they had TT DG S300 shafts in them.

I think Miura makes a good club, but you can find just as good from Mizuno for a cheaper price.

3JACK

I would agree with that, although there IS a certain mystique about Miura irons. I've hit them and Mizuno's feel just as sweet.

Current bag: Some Callaway, some Cleveland. Down to 2 OEM's!

I'm playing the MP-57 now....Just looking and wondering about them.

Cool. Oh, I don't think you'd see a difference. Mizuno's are already incredibly soft as it is.

Current bag: Some Callaway, some Cleveland. Down to 2 OEM's!

Has anyone hit or play the new Miura's CB-202 irons and what shafts did they have in them.

I've played the cb 201's and I guess they would be similar. They have TT black and golds in them. They are a good feeling iron with moderate forgivness but as has been said no softer or better performing than Mizuno or any other comparable forged stick. One point of difference though is the finish. They are a beautiful satin chrome and the most superbly finished iron I have ever seen. The spec tolerances are supposed to be exceptional also.

Cobra S2 9.5 with Aldila Voodoo reg.

Sonartec SS 3.5 14* with Fuji tour platform.

TM V-Steel 18* 5 wood with stock reax stiff shaft.

Sonartec HB-001 21* hybrid with graphite design stiff.

4-pw KZG Evolution irons with Rifle 5.0 Flighted.

TM rac gap wedge 52/8 with DG wedge flex.

Mizuno MPT 10 56* sw with DG wedge flex.

Knockoff 2 ball putter.

ProV1 or Bridgestone 330RX.

Miuras are just Mizunos with different graphics and a higher price tag.

They are both great forged irons but there are differences. Mizunos are forged by the Chou foundry and Miura does his own forgings. Mizuno are pressed out from a single billet of steel which means the hosel and head are all the one piece of metal. This is what "grain flow forged" means. Miura however welds the hosel onto the head during manufacture. He claims this gives his clubs more accuracy in the alignment of the bore in relation to the head through a set of irons. Miura claims this process to be superior to Mizuno, Mizuno claim their process to provide better feel. I own both and find them to be both excellent!

Miura up to now have produced lower volume and are all hand ground and finished. I'm pretty sure Mizuno manufacture is more automated. The Miura irons are finished in a lovely deep satin chrome and in my opinion is the best finished (quality of grind finish and chrome plating) on the market.

Cobra S2 9.5 with Aldila Voodoo reg.

Sonartec SS 3.5 14* with Fuji tour platform.

TM V-Steel 18* 5 wood with stock reax stiff shaft.

Sonartec HB-001 21* hybrid with graphite design stiff.

4-pw KZG Evolution irons with Rifle 5.0 Flighted.

TM rac gap wedge 52/8 with DG wedge flex.

Mizuno MPT 10 56* sw with DG wedge flex.

Knockoff 2 ball putter.

ProV1 or Bridgestone 330RX.

I'd love to try Miura but I'm deathly afraid to buy anything from Asia unless its from Tour Spec Golf (due to counterfeits) and most of the time I can't afford the hefty price tags.

Callaway FT-9 Driver 10.5* Grafalloy Prolaunch Axis Blue

Callaway FT-9 Driver 9.0* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum

Cobra Baffler Rail F Fairway 15.5* Fujikura Motore

Wilson FYbrid 19* UST Proforce AXIV Core

Cobra Baffler Rail H Hybrid 22* Fujikura Motore

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Ping Tour-W 56*,60* DG Spinner

Ping Redwood ZB Putter, WRX Starshot, 35"

Archived