GolfSpy_X

2011 MyGolfSpy Fantasy Golf League (OFFICIAL THREAD)

I am in, owner name is Zerackus, Team is Irish Barry's

Only 4 spots left, and the season starts next week. If you have not yet entered, better do so soon.

Also, for those of you who have joined, I am going to ask that you NOT change your team name after the season starts. The reason for this is that I will be writing some code that will generate a combined leaderboard, that will show this week's rank, last week's rank, as movement. For this to work, I need the team names to be the same during the whole season. It's not the end of the world if you change it..... it will just be far more convenient for me.

Thanks.

Only 4 spots left, and the season starts next week. If you have not yet entered, better do so soon.

Also, for those of you who have joined, I am going to ask that you NOT change your team name after the season starts. The reason for this is that I will be writing some code that will generate a combined leaderboard, that will show this week's rank, last week's rank, as movement. For this to work, I need the team names to be the same during the whole season. It's not the end of the world if you change it..... it will just be far more convenient for me.

Thanks.

Thanks for setting up the our league. I'm ready this season, can't be any worse then last year. lol

OK.... league is full. We have 99 players (since I am a member of both groups). Should be fun. Don't forget to set your rosters next week.

Thanks for the work you put in...let's bring on the season!

Are you going to remove teams who don't select players for a few weeks in a row?

1-1-Mizuno-MyGolfSpy-728x90.jpg

Yes. If people are obviously not playing, I will remove them. This will create space for those who want to parrcipate in the later segments. They obviously can't win the overall though.

Hey guys and girls.... don't forget to set your rosters for this week. It is impossible to win a segment if you miss a week, and nearly impossible to win the overall if you don't.

Just a few questions commish,I am new to fantasy golf sorry if this is dumb.What if your player misses the cut can you put another player in or does your bench player fill that spot?I looked for the rules on yahoo havent found yet.If your player plays 2 rounds and mc or wd does that count as a start?Or 2 starts since he played 2 rounds. Again sorry, maybe there is a link that could be posted so I can learn the rules without all the questions thanks dave

I'm ready... here we go...

Has anyone found a good cell phone app that allows you to view/edit Fantasy golf... I've seen it for other sports, but it looks like they all leave out golf... :rolleyes: :lol:

I am unreasonably slow and didn't sign up soon enough. :rolleyes: If a slot becomes available, can I be in the queue to fill it up (or if a third league starts up to join it)?

SOME OF THE PRIZES FOR WINNERS:

Have not finished up working on ALL the prizes but we already have some good ones on the list for you guys to be able to win in the 2011 MyGolfSpy Fantasy League:

Here are some of the sponsors already taking part:

• Nike Golf
  • Cobra Golf
  • Machine Putters
  • Bettinardi Putters
  • Slighter Golf
  • Vision Golf
  • Premio Grips
  • and possibly more to come....

Quick update...

Seems like out of the 99 players, 8 forgot to enter a roster. Having played this for 7 years, I can tell you it is almost impossible to win the overall standings, if you miss just 1 week. So for those of you left, you now have at least a 1 in 91 chance of winning a great prize.

There are some odd picks....

Quite a number of people chose players that are not even competing in this week's event. There were quite a couple that chose Ryo Ishikawa?????

Many also did not see that Ogilvy WD'ed, and started him. The golf channel reported 2 days ago that he was going to WD.

McDowell's final round is going to kill all picks below him as of right now he's 11 under and next best round is 7 under, Mac will get 20 points and next in line will get 12 if it stays this way. 8 points less for being second lowest round.I think they should have the next lowest round at 18 why be penalized because 1 player goes bananas... :lol:

PS: SOME GREAT SPONSORS....... AWESOME

Hey guys.

Sorry for the delay, but here is the combined leaderboard for week 1. Congrats to the 160+ crowd. Those are some awesome scores for the first week.

VERY IMPORTANT

In order to keep the league competitive, and to allow members who were not able to join the league initially to participate, players who do not submit a roster for 2 consecutive weeks, or 4 non-consecutive weeks in a segment, will be dropped from the league. You will be able to rejoin, but your priority will be at the bottom of the waiting list. If you would like to be added to the waiting list, please PM me (Springbok) your e-mail address, and you will be added to the waiting list in the order that your request is received. You will be sent an invitation to join the league to that e-mail, when a spot becomes available.

week1.jpg