TESTERS WANTED! ×

SPY PICS! - Taylormade New Bag Concept

GolfSpy_X

That Lime green sure woke me up... GEEZ

PING: Rapture V1 9° Aldila VS Proto 'By You' (65 Stiff)

TITLEIST: 906F4 15.5° Aldila VS Proto 'By You' (80 Stiff)

COBRA: 5w Speed LD F/ST Tour AD YS Designed by Graphite Design made for Cobra Stiff

PING: S59 Rifle 6.5 Soft stepped

PING: Tour 48°, 52°, 58°

Byron SS Custom 006

Titelist Pro V 1

Ping hoofer Vantage

"Everyday you miss practicing, it will take you one day longer to get good." -Ben Hogan

• SPY VIP

Those are downright kooky!

I am interested to see what the handle looks like. There must be some sort of extension or the ergonomics just look a bit off to me.

These will not be a hit with traditionalists, but definitely score one for original design.

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

For the person that uses a pull cart these would be great...now that i see these im a little bit surprised no one has thought of this before.

Driver--Taylormade RBZ Tour 9* Aldila RIP Phenom 65s

Fairway Metal--Taylormade R11s 14* Aldila RIP Phenom 70s

Hybrid--Taylormade RBZ Tour 18.5* RE-AX 85 gram S

Irons--Nike Vr Pro-Combo 4-PW True Temper Dynamic Gold S300

Wedges--Nike SV Tour Forged 50*, 56*, 60* True Temper Dynamic Gold

Putter--Scotty Cameron California Del Mar

Ball--Taylormade Lethal

Grips--Lamkin R.E.L 3Gen (Woods-green, Irons-red, Wedges-white)

These things look awesome. Defiantly for the younger crowd that wants to get some exercise. But it's nice to see that TM is updating there bag concepts. Now if they could only make a decent looking bag with a 14 way split top.

Whats in the bag:

Titleist 910D2 10.5 Graphite Design Y7-S

Adams 1600 proto 14.5 Graphite Design AD DJ

Titleist 910F 17 Ust Tour Black

Titleist 910H 22 Diamana Kali

Adams Idea Pro A12 4-9 KBS C Taper

Titleist Vokey SM4 46 degree w/ DG Spinner

Mizuno MP R12 50-54-58 DG spinner

Ping Redwood ZB

Ball Nike 20XI-X

This kind of cracks me up because I had a woman in the store last week asking for a bag with wheels on it. I looked at her like she was crazy, but I guess she's just ahead of the curve! FWIW, unless the price is the same as a regular bag, I would prefer a bag and a cart. Reason being, I wouldn't want to drop, say, $250 on this bag/cart hybrid, have something happen to the bag (broken zipper, etc) and be out the full amount. If you buy a good cart, it will last a LONG time, much longer than a bag, IMO. I'll be interested to see this idea progress.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

A cart would also be better due to the wheels. Those dont look like they would be able to handle rougher terrain well. Also, no brakes which is almost neccesary on hills.

Nothing helps you find a lost ball better than a provisional hit straight down the middle.

Good idea, but not sure about the execution. I use a pull cart so I'd be keen to combine cart and bag in one.

I don't think the handle will work, instead of vertical the handle should be horizontal. Would need replacement wheels to be available.

Is it just a concept or will be real?

I really love the design. At first I thought it was slightly odd, but the lime green one definitely stood out. I like the black and red and gray and red as well. I don't know if I would invest in one of these, but it's a smart angle to play.

I like the design .. finally something different .. like an alien spaceship that hovers or rolls along and beams up your clubs .. not sure about the practicality of the whole thing though

In custom James Stewart golfbag:
Ping Tour-S Rustique 60/TS & 55/13 / Ping CFS Stiff / Ping ID8
Ping i20 4-PW+UW / Ping CFS Stiff / Ping ID8
Ping G15 2H 17° & driver 9° / stiff aldila serrano / ping 703
Odyssey White Hot XG 2-Ball / 33" / 2°up
Srixon AD333 - Oakley Flack Jacket XLJ G30

the funny thing is wouldn't this bag take up more space inthe trunk basically limiting the concept of getting a couple guys/lasdies inthe caqr and heading to the course. those wheels do look shotty at best

This kind of cracks me up because I had a woman in the store last week asking for a bag with wheels on it. I looked at her like she was crazy, but I guess she's just ahead of the curve! FWIW, unless the price is the same as a regular bag, I would prefer a bag and a cart. Reason being, I wouldn't want to drop, say, $250 on this bag/cart hybrid, have something happen to the bag (broken zipper, etc) and be out the full amount. If you buy a good cart, it will last a LONG time, much longer than a bag, IMO. I'll be interested to see this idea progress.

Yes, this exactly. This bag is totally marketed towards Japanese tourist types and old people.

What's in my Ben Hogan stand bag:
Callaway Great Big Bertha 10.5° Fujikura Speeder Evolution II 665 stiff shaft
Tour Edge XCG7 #3 Wood, Stiff shaft
Ping i20 20* hybrid, stiff shaft
Ping S56 irons 4-PW KBS stiff shafts
Ping Glide Wedges, 50*, 54*, 58*, SS Bounce
Nike Method Putter Model #004
Callaway Chrome Soft balls

I don't get it is a pull or push bag? or is it a travel bag? Can the bag fit on a golf cart? Can you take the wheels off? I think if it is a push/pull bag the wheels would have to be wider or you'll be dumping the cart to either side. Almost a great idea.

Unless there are full length dividers in there, all the club handles are gonna slide to one area. That could cause some quickly damaged grips, let alone the frustration of trying to get a club in/ou without shoving/yanking... Bet they'll be 300+ bucks too!

•Never argue with an idiot. First, he will drag you down to his level. Then he will beat you with experience!•

Archived