Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

JUST ARRIVED! - Titleist 910 D2 Driver

Tony Covey MGS

• SPY VIP

FedEx dropped this off this morning. I'm fairly certain the interest level on this one is pretty high, not just because it's a Titleist, but also because it's the first Adjustable Titleist. I should have my first opportunity to hit it later this afternoon. We'll be lining up testers for this one pretty quickly.

As you can hopefully see from the pictures, apart from the added ripple of being able to adjust lie and loft independently, the mechanics of the adjustablity are, not surprisingly, nearly identical to that of the Cobra drivers we tested earlier in the year.

Apart from Titleist's traditional good looks, our sample is stock with the Diamana 'ahina shaft. Here's what Mitsubishi Rayon has to say:

The Diamana 'ahina utilizes a similar bend profile to the original White Board Diamana shaft and like Kai'li and 'ilima also incorporates Mitsubishi Rayon's signature Multi-Dimensional Interlay technology (M.D.I) to deliver a stiffer mid and tip section than its predecessor. Designed to deliver maximum stability through impact without sacrificing feel, Diamana 'ahina's extreme low torque, low spin design provides the flatter trajectory and low spin preferred by today's strongest players.

The superior stability and optimized torsional profile of 'ahina will allow players with maximum ball speed to hit straighter, more controlled shots as a result of the M.D.I. technology's ability to maximize how a shaft stores and releases energy.

Keep in mind this is a "Made For" shaft, which often means the shaft is similar, though not identical to the "real" version.

AEC_6971-Edit (Medium).jpg

AEC_6974-Edit (Medium).jpg

AEC_6975-Edit (Medium).jpg

AEC_6977 (Medium).jpg

AEC_6983 (Medium).jpg

AEC_6984 (Medium).jpg

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

I tried this same Titleist 910 D2 9.5 deg with made for Diamana 'ahina stiff. Definitely not a true WB but does have merit. Has a bit more give in the tip section and promotes higher ball flight - this made for version from Titleist feels more like a BB stiff flex. Overall, great looking driver with excellent distance - not sure about workability due to higher ball flight. I would lean towards the D3 version with same shaft - definitely an improvement on the 909 series. I'm hoping the fairway woods perform at similar levels but they won't debut until Feb 2011.

TM Superdeep TP 9.5 Diamana Whiteboard

TEE CB3 15 Motore Tour

Adams Idea Pro Tour Issue 20 KBS Hybrid

Titleist AP2 4-PW KBS Stiff

Taylormade XFT 52, 58, 64 KBS Hi-Rev Stiff

Cameron Coronado Welded Neck T Stamp

Taylormade Red (If they still made em)

not a fan of the alignment aid on top of the drivers and woods from titleist at all, nothing in particular really just never have liked them, anyone else feel this way

Andrew Bush da lefty of the forum.

Cleveland DST Tour 9.5 with Diamana Whiteboard.

Nike Sasquatch 4 wood with diamana blue.

Nike Sasquatch 3 hybrid with diamana hybrid shaft

Callaway x forged 4-pw with prject x flighted 6.0

Callaway x forged 52 and 56 chrome

Callaway x forged 60 vintage

Odyssey white hot tour number 5.

Nike one platinum soon to be nike tour running out of the platinums!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

yeah alws thought the arrow looks a little cheap

Taylormade RBZ2 TP 9.5 Fuel 60

Ping i20 3 wood Aldila Nv

Adams Dhy 18*

Mizuno Mp59 4-p KBS Tour S

Vokey 50* 55* 60*

Scotty Cameron Select Newport 1.5

Ball - Z star XV

Oakley Stand Bag

It's a solid club. First Titliest driver I have ever been able to picture myself bagging. Of course it may be a while, hell will freeze over before I pay that for a driver.

BTW the one I hit had a RIP shaft in it.

I have a revolving WITB policy.

• SPY VIP

In addition to a few casual testers, we collected the first round of data for this club last night (as well as for the Ping K15). I'm not drawing any conclusions based on only one set of numbers, but so far the feedback has been positive.

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

Archived